Alexandros Rework Ideas

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited May 13 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hey devs. I really appreciate the rush of hero reworks. Nimrel, Therand, Selwyn, etc.
I'd like to suggest that Alexandros be changed soon as well. He's not just the weakest Construct, but one of the weakest heroes of all time as well.

Changes - Alexandros

Passive Abilities

- Remove Beast Hunter. This makes no sense on him. At all.
- Remove Shocking Touch.
+ Add 'Electric Feel', same passive Marrow has. Chance to Shock on any contact.
+ Add Dark Rancor I, II, and III. (1.5, 2, and 2.5x damage). He's a protector of justice, after all.
+ Add 'Protector of Light I/II', a passive that grants him a 1/3 chance to jump in front of any Light ally being attacked. When doing so, he takes 40/80% reduced damage from the attack, and buffs the ally's Def for 2 turns.
+ Add 'Divine Immunity', where Light allies gain immunity to debuffs as if they were Constructs.
+ Add 'Sunlight Clockwork', a passive that allows him to be healed normally by Light allies, only.

Active Abilities

+ Damage Reflection On Duty - Alexandros rallies all Light heroes (including himself) to defend against evil. Grants all allies Damage Reflection for 3 turns. Grants all Light allies 'Pumped' (retaliate attacks) for 2 turns, and +Def for 2 turns. For 3 turns upon activating this ability, enemies may not perform any extra attacks, or attack more than once per turn. This includes things like Revenge attacks, Retaliate attacks, extra attacks from passive abilities (like Burning Mad, Pack Tactics, etc), and extra attacks from multiple-attack turns (So things like Skull Cracker would only hit once).
Cooldown: 6

+ Shield Bash Justice bash - Alexandros slams his shield against an enemy, dealing heavy damage and Dazing the target for 3 turns. Then grants all allies 'Anti-Contact Aura' for 2 turns, reducing damage from all Physical attacks by [base 35%] while active. After attacking, Alexandros gains Taunt for 3 turns.
Cooldown: 4

+ Taunt Faithful Rally - Alexandros rallies heroes of the Light. Grants all allies +Atk for 2 turns. Light allies are healed or repaired by a large amount, and cleansed of 2 debuffs. Then rallies all allies to attack a random enemy, purging 1 buff on each hit.
Cooldown: 6
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• Do you want to break the game with blocking any extra attacks? because that's how you do it lol
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Do you want to break the game with blocking any extra attacks? because that's how you do it lol

But what teams really rely on extra attacks? The Beasts, partly, but mainly the Barbarians. Both teams that are really OP right now and could use a little bit of a knock-down.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    How would you do the no extra attacks? With a debuff? Or with a field effect like Hot Coals or Sapping Vines? Is it cleansable? It is resistable? Are constructs, etc immune?

Otherwise, seems really great, and meta shaking, but not overly so, for light heroes do not excel extremely at the moment.
  • Do you want to break the game with blocking any extra attacks? because that's how you do it lol

But what teams really rely on extra attacks? The Beasts, partly, but mainly the Barbarians. Both teams that are really OP right now and could use a little bit of a knock-down.
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    How would you do the no extra attacks? With a debuff? Or with a field effect like Hot Coals or Sapping Vines? Is it cleansable? It is resistable? Are constructs, etc immune?

Otherwise, seems really great, and meta shaking, but not overly so, for light heroes do not excel extremely at the moment.

This would reck my entire rooster and probably many others if light were to become viable, and barbs arent viable because of bonus attacks, its because they have that turn one invincable allowing them to be runed to pure attack and just decimate, if this were to come to pass in a light viable meta bovus would become utterly useless because the only reason anyone really uses him is because of bonus attacks, sure this would affect abigail, but not to threatening to her, her bonus attacks aren't what makes her strong, lupina absolutely dead, she is partly dead already, i dont even use her, Goblins would never see play again, kobals epic would need a revamp because thats the only thing he had going for him, ignus would be hit pretty hard because of maniacal not proccing but lets be honest most people replace him with shade solaris or some other, pignus dead as well, his bonus attack is the only thing keeping him viable for level 65- players, drakk would be hit extremely hard i guess in dps, but not to well, i mean his turn one invincible is still op, balog would stop seeing play, Rocky would be so dead because haste would be dead, grog would barely flinch,indigo huge hit, hansuke dead, sir william dead, Nimrel dead,shadow blade damaged,Aria dead, Hopper dying,Reptiles dead, and finally slow heroes dying,

bottomline this is nuking everything, even things that dont deserve it, and what about the people that got the bonus attack runes, do they get a refund for getting tricked and basically wasting howevermany tickets they have spent on it??

Also all this would do to the meta is kill mini beast teams, making grog gnog, and goretusk teams stronger yet again, dark heroes ever more stronger, same with barbs, and all of the other, Unique teams are dead, never to be seen from again... so please be careful what you wish for, what your asking for millions of players would hate and would probably kill this game. or at least make it subscription required from lack of paying customers.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

he would be played on a solaris barb team, i mean no extra attacks is basically killing half of the competition, i have a hard enough time getting to legend 1 atm i dont need this to basically kick me out of legend with the goblins, and the mini beasts ( ones that arent blue or 100 token costing)
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Do you want to break the game with blocking any extra attacks? because that's how you do it lol

This would reck my entire rooster

Is that kind friendly enough to say here?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 13
    If multiple-attack denial is too strong, how about this edit to Justice Bash:

Render Judgement: Alexandros delivers judgement on one enemy, casting them into Purgatory and Removing the target from the battlefield for one turn. Then grants all allies 'Anti-Contact Aura' for 2 turns, reducing damage from all Physical attacks by [base 35%] while active. Alexandros also gains Taunt for [whatever] turns.
    Cooldown: [whatever]

"Remove" would be a new status that does what it says on the tin - that hero is considered to not be in the battle, as if they had fled from battle, or had their corpse eaten. So if a Drakk gets Removed, his barabrian teammates don't benefit from Unbridled Rage or the DR passive until Drakk comes back into play. When a Removed character's next turn rolls around, or if all their teammates are killed, they run back into position and are ready to take their turn, and everything returns to normal. If the target is the last remaining enemy, they simply get Stunned for one turn instead of Removed.

This would reck my entire rooster

Is that kind friendly enough to say here?

You forgot about the and many others, you saw how many heroes I said it would destroy if light became viable, no offense but most heroes of this game have to rely on multi-attack heroes like goblins, or slow heroes or whatever their case may be, I just don't think you realize how much that would hurt the game

Stinky wrote: »
    If multiple-attack denial is too strong, how about this edit to Justice Bash:

Render Judgement: Alexandros delivers judgement on one enemy, casting them into Purgatory and Removing the target from the battlefield for one turn. Then grants all allies 'Anti-Contact Aura' for 2 turns, reducing damage from all Physical attacks by [base 35%] while active. Alexandros also gains Taunt for [whatever] turns.
    Cooldown: [whatever]

"Remove" would be a new status that does what it says on the tin - that hero is considered to not be in the battle, as if they had fled from battle, or had their corpse eaten. So if a Drakk gets Removed, his barabrian teammates don't benefit from Unbridled Rage or the DR passive until Drakk comes back into play. When a Removed character's next turn rolls around, or if all their teammates are killed, they run back into position and are ready to take their turn, and everything returns to normal. If the target is the last remaining enemy, they simply get Stunned for one turn instead of Removed.
    This idea seems like a simple way of balencing, and it counters barb more because you could exile their drakk, kill everyone else and then when he comes back they would already be dead... If he is still alive that is... But I do sudgest adding the pumped up to light allies to it so he isn't losing those bonus shock attacks.