Halloween Skin S'Mores Phenol

My son and I have been working on this skin concept for a while and we think it would make a great Halloween skin.

hvetu4aio3xy.jpg
mjmh11s6winb.jpg

GalakSS

Comments

• Absolutely... AMAZING!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • @Joel This is amazing...This should be a thing.
  • That is awesome. The sad thing is I have heard that devs cannot take player ideas for heroes/skins even with consent because of copyright, which is dumb.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    That is awesome. The sad thing is I have heard that devs cannot take player ideas for heroes/skins even with consent because of copyright, which is dumb.

I dunno about skins though. I was the one who suggested Spooky Ekko last year, and that became a thing. But I never actually drew it out. Maybe that's what does it? So maybe S'more Phenol could've been a thing, but now that GalakSS edited it and displayed it, it can't happen. Or maybe it still can!

Hopefully it still can.
  • @NobodyPi and @JackHallow666 ... I own a business that works with artists daily as my company designs figurines and miniatures for retail sale. I frequently make products from art that I just come across on the internet. All you need is a release of work from the artist and there is zero issue.

I'm on the DB Developer's Summits so there are players constantly giving DB ideas for changes to the game that many have gone into use. The whole concepts of adding extra quests to have enough crowns that someone can have one day off for an emergency was my idea and DB was willing to use that without fear of IP or copyright release. In fact, I think I had to agree to full release to be part of that group for any ideas I offered which was no problem.

So all that is needed is a release.

@Joel and @Eej ... I, Thomas L Anders, fully release the concept and my derivative art of S'more Phenol to Dungeon Boss, Boss Fight and Big Fish. This release is done without expectation of any remuneration of any kind monetary or material.

There standard release statement I use with my arts who give me their work free of charge to use for miniatures. Eej or Joel ... if you need me to sign anything ... happy to do so if you want to use the concept. I do this work daily and have zero issues with the legal side of nailing down rights so either of you can reach out to me if you enjoy the concept and need to protect Boss Fight legally.

I showed the art to the Developer's Summit group and they loved it. A mass call for this should be a thing. So definitely don't let a little thing like needing me to email a sign off stop you ... happy to do so.
    GalakSS
    GalakSS wrote: »
    @NobodyPi and @JackHallow666 ... I own a business that works with artists daily as my company designs figurines and miniatures for retail sale. I frequently make products from art that I just come across on the internet. All you need is a release of work from the artist and there is zero issue.

I'm on the DB Developer's Summits so there are players constantly giving DB ideas for changes to the game that many have gone into use. The whole concepts of adding extra quests to have enough crowns that someone can have one day off for an emergency was my idea and DB was willing to use that without fear of IP or copyright release. In fact, I think I had to agree to full release to be part of that group for any ideas I offered which was no problem.

So all that is needed is a release.

@Joel and @Eej ... I, Thomas L Anders, fully release the concept and my derivative art of S'more Phenol to Dungeon Boss, Boss Fight and Big Fish. This release is done without expectation of any remuneration of any kind monetary or material.

There standard release statement I use with my arts who give me their work free of charge to use for miniatures. Eej or Joel ... if you need me to sign anything ... happy to do so if you want to use the concept. I do this work daily and have zero issues with the legal side of nailing down rights so either of you can reach out to me if you enjoy the concept and need to protect Boss Fight legally.

I showed the art to the Developer's Summit group and they loved it. A mass call for this should be a thing. So definitely don't let a little thing like needing me to email a sign off stop you ... happy to do so.

I'm still not convinced. I asked once about my hero ideas becoming a thing and Joel said even with a full release, there would be conplications they wouldn't want to have to go through, along with additional issues - like everyone flooding the forums with hero ideas the moment one of them gets accepted.
  • @JackHallow666 ... okay ... but since I run a company that does just that sort of thing all the time ... I will have to honestly say I don't agree. I get ideas all the time from fans of my product and customers. You ignore 99% of them and profit off the 1%. And since I do this for a living and have dealt with exactly the same legal statements required here ... I'm not speaking from what I think I know ... but what I have to do daily for my income.

Just saying I undestand what Joel told you ... but I'm pretty sure its an overstatement based on the fact that I live in this world as part of paying the bills.
    GalakSS
  • @JackHallow666 ... I would also argue from being part of the DB Summit that the heads of Dungeon boss have started to move away from "hold my beer we got this" to realizing that input and ideas from their biggest fans may actually be the way for this game to have anniversaries more than their 2nd one. IE ... if Joel said that before DB admitted the Summit would be a good idea and brought in actual players to see new hero and epic concepts before being released (and they had to sign NDAs for that) ... then I might suggest that while Joel said that in the past ... I'm not as sure that it is still true. DB these days has been much more tuned in to the fact that their players might actually have good ideas as well as a willingness to use them.
    GalakSS
    @Joel Any update in policy on this stuff? Does that mean you could use fan-made heroes, with only minor tweaks to design and abilities?
  • I was wrong. After reading the summit, it seemed that Eej was saying that they can use community ideas and once in a while they do, but generally, they do not take ideas from the community for heroes/epics/skins. This is because they are not at a lack for ideas on new heroes or new skins, etc. They are at a lack of time to implement them (and for things other than skins, test them). I am sorry I gave misinformation, but I am glad that I was wrong because they should be able to use fan suggestions.
  • This made my day, thanks so much for sharing! If Phenol wasn't poisonous I'd want to eat it! :D
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I was wrong. After reading the summit, it seemed that Eej was saying that they can use community ideas and once in a while they do, but generally, they do not take ideas from the community for heroes/epics/skins. This is because they are not at a lack for ideas on new heroes or new skins, etc. They are at a lack of time to implement them (and for things other than skins, test them). I am sorry I gave misinformation, but I am glad that I was wrong because they should be able to use fan suggestions.

I'm glad that they can, in theory, use hero ideas too! But they also said at the Summit that a ton of people who actually work for DB submit hero ideas all the time as well, so they're probably higher priority.
  • I love it. This community needs more player contributions.
  • Bumping. Please, please, please make this a thing, DB! C'mon, it's Phenol, this would be a simple skin that would be AMAZING, not to mention I bet you could charge a nice premium for it...

*insert "Here, take my money!" gif here*
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Phenol Marshmellow!
  • @Cythni ... thanks!
    GalakSS
  • CythniCythni Member
    I WOULD PAY MUCHO DINERO! And I bet I'm not alone. Just sayin'. o:)

*flutters eyelashes shaped like 20 dollar bills in the direction of the DB devs*
  • lol id go for this. phenol revamp?
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    How about a Willow Swift or Indigo Boy Scout skin to accompany this Phenol skin?