I'm back after one year! My previous account died, and now that I'm starting over again from Level 1 with a mission to obtain Hansuke, the best designed champion in the game, I kind of see just how pathetic some of the Heroes are once people get to higher levels, especially since they're dominated by the oppressive Barbarian and Shade meta (Seriously, how is that guy still in ultra-high tier even though it's been a year since he got released?).
Thus, I'm just going to list down some ideas I had to strengthen weaker Heroes a little. Not too much, not too little, just enough to still be able to be relevant in Tower of Pwnage (not as decoy teams) and in PvP.
Sir William v2
+HP, +DEF, +SKL
Ebb and Flow I - Sir William does 1.5x bonus damage to Fire heroes. His allies also gain 10% Damage Reduction and gain Burn Immune.
Tidal Bastion - Armored hero who cannot be Feared, Burned, Chilled, Frostbitten, Drenched or Back Splashed.
Justice - Sir William does 1.5x damage to Beasts, Demons, Barbarians and Monsters.
Resolute Will I - When this hero’s HP drops below 50% HP, increases DEF by 20% and ATK by 10% until the end of the dungeon (both PvP and PvE).
Ebb and Flow II - Sir William does 2x bonus damage to Fire heroes. His allies also gain 15% Damage Reduction and gain Burn Immune.
Resolute Will II - When this hero’s HP drops below 50% HP, increases DEF by 30% and ATK by 15% until the end of the dungeon.
Ebb and Flow III - Sir William does 2.5x bonus damage to Fire heroes. His allies also gain 20% Damage Reduction and gain Burn Immune.
Resolute Will III - When this hero’s HP drops below 50% HP, increases DEF by 40% and ATK by 25% until the end of the dungeon.
Knight's Vow - At the start of every room, this hero Taunts all enemies.
Justice Slash I
(replaces Slash) - Basic melee attack with a 20% chance to Provoke.
Bring It On
- Remains mostly unchanged. Gives a slightly larger +DEF boost. [13 + 0.5%/lvl]% boost, increased from [11.5 + 0.5%/lvl]%. Additionally, foes with random attacks (Rampage, Rampaging Strike, etc.) will only target Sir William (and not any other ally). This effect on random target attacks is only given to the Pumped
Cooldown: 5 Turns
Justice Slash II
- Basic melee attack with a 35% chance to Provoke.
(replaces Guarding Strike) - Sir William strikes an enemy, dealing [80% ATK] base Physical damage and Provoking them. All allies then gain a [15% + 0.5%/lvl] DEF increase for three turns. Deals 1.5x damage to Heroes who haven't been Provoked or Taunted. Starts powered.
Justice Slash III
- Basic melee attack with a 50% chance to Provoke.
(replaces Smack Down) - Sir William dashes and cripples an enemy, dealing [95% ATK] base Physical damage, lowering their ATK and DEF by [20% + 0.3%/lvl], and inflicting Back Splashed and Drenched. Damage can be upgraded to [110% ATK] through leveling.
These set of reworked passives and abilities are meant to improve Sir William's presence offensively and defensively, allowing him to achieve a role as a tank who gets progressively harder to kill the further the battle goes on, and to improve his existing Taunt and Provoke bot role.
- Ebb and Flow and Justice make the Water knight a slightly larger, more noticeable threat to Beasts, Monsters and Barbarians, especially those of the Fire element due to a potential 4x damage boost against them. (e.g. Ignus, Abigail, Solaris, Koros)
- Resolute Will, combined with Sir William's naturally sky-high DEF stat will cause him to be surprisingly hard to kill if he doesn't get one shot - an easy task with his stat boosts and his status as a Tank. When he gets under 50% HP, he can have +40% DEF and +25% ATK, which causes him to take much less damage while granting him a slight damage boost. Combining this with Bring it On can cause him to deal a good amount of damage, and the DEF buff can reach nearly +90% if Sir William is at a high level.
- Tidal Bastion gives Sir William several new immunities, which can aid him in facing a wider variety of foes with a more diverse selection of debuffs. It also still gives him Armored.
- One of Sir William's weaknesses is his medium Speed, which causes Fast heroes to be able to run amok and kill all of Sir William's allies before he gets a chance to Taunt all of them and protect his team. Knight's Vow helps to fix that issue by instantly Taunting every enemy. This, however, presents another weakness - he will be targeted by many Heroes on the very first rounds of PvP. But his stat boosts and a few runes should be enough to patch it up.
- Ebb and Flow also gives Sir William a unique forte in protecting allies as compared to other tanks or supports due to it granting both 20% Damage Reduction to every ally, as well as immunity to Burning. This can make him a alternative option to Shade for players who don't have him - and it can improve his popularity in Defense teams.
- Justice Slash, Bring it On and Colossus all feature either a Taunt or a Provoke. This allows Sir William to bring foes over to attack him almost constantly, helping out Casters, Healers and Rogues.
- Colossus is basically Guarding Strike but better. Guarding Strike is a rather old and bad ability, so I thought improving it and giving Sir William his own version of it would help him out in making him and his allies tankier.
- Tidal Sunder helps Sir William to maintain some damage and tankiness by debuffing his enemies every now and then. With up to 4 Debuffs potentially being applied at a time, it becomes harder for enemies to cleanse them. So it's basically Uber-Smack Down, and serves a larger purpose other than applying a slight damage boost every 3 turns.
EDIT 1 (Thanks Stinky for the comment):
- Modified the trait Dousing Waters and its effects into Ebb and Flow.
- Bring it On has received another effect: preventing random attacks from hitting anyone other than Sir William while it is active.
- Colossus now starts out Powered for that nice 1st turn +DEF buff.
Member of Hooligan Resort. Victim of timezone troubles.
Fav. Heroes: Hansuke, Masuta Kira