Once again no balance

Dark festival has effectively knocked me out of PVP for a week. We already have to endure the interminable Solaris battles in 80 to 90% of the matches due to Solaris being so poorly balanced. But now, the remaining 10% to 20% of battles (which are almost al Zomm based dark teams) are unwinable because of the dark hero bonus (particularly the every dark hero attacks whenever one attacks). I don't expect perfect balance, but it doesn't take rocket science to realize that a four-fold increase in the damage output of an already powerful team will cause problems. I have actually enjoyed the water hero bonus event, the healer bonus event, and the construct bonus event. But those were more restrained in the bonus given, and they augmented heroes that are not frequently used on teams that are not already over-powered.

Comments

• I got my longest winning streak in a year yesterday, 27, thanks to the event bonus. My preferred attack team was already all dark, now it's like taking candy from
    a baby.
  • QuintivariumQuintivarium Member
    edited April 21
    Echonap,

Your's is a very fair suggestion; a philosophy I employed and enjoyed with the construct and healer buffs. But this one is different for several reasons:

1. The buff is offensive rather than defensive. Without dumping tons of resources into heroes I don't want long term, I can't keep them alive long enough to actually use the buff.

2. The buff supports a popular configuration as opposed to configurations rarely seen. Thus, I generally am not playing my makeshift dark team against another makeshift team; I am playing against finely honed, resource intensive teams.

3. The bonus is too much -- it is essentially a mandate rather than an encouragement to play a particular team. If players want a chance to win, they don't have a choice. I have an unusual motivation not to play a dark team -- my young daughter is frightened by many of the dark heroes (zomm, grom, shade, etc.) and I want to keep my team friendly for her use.

4. Most of the dark heroes are hard to unlock. Newer players will not have an option to use a fully dark team unless they have chosen to focus in that direction. At level 65, I am still missing zomm, grom, shade, and hopper (probably 4 of the 6 most popular dark heroes). And I am better off than a lot of players -- Agnon is my top character while some players have no good dark heroes.
  • I have to disagree. I love these recent “powerful” event buffs. We’ve been playing essentially the same pvp using and vs the same teams for months on end. These buffs are strong enough to actually change the game for a few days at a time. Very enjoyable.
  • I have to disagree. I love these recent “powerful” event buffs. We’ve been playing essentially the same pvp using and vs the same teams for months on end. These buffs are strong enough to actually change the game for a few days at a time. Very enjoyable.

I can agree & eat Brains to that (the event has given many players the opportunity to defeat beast teams more effectively than normal.)
    Total Zomminionation.
  • I remember the caster event. This is one event that literally FORCES you to use casters, if you want to even stand a chance against another team. It forced players to spend over a million gold just to rerune and buff their casters. VERY annoying event if you ask me.

This one is kind of alike, not as game-changing but still unnecessary. Just the stat buff for every member would be fine.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Deathrift_ wrote: »
    Just the stat buff for every member would be fine.
    The stat boost is really boring, though. I'd much rather have something visible in play. Also, being forced to use a wider roster is a good thing, players should want to build up their stable instead of getting by with (say) 6-8 heroes.

• danacdanac Member
    I have to disagree. I love these recent “powerful” event buffs. We’ve been playing essentially the same pvp using and vs the same teams for months on end. These buffs are strong enough to actually change the game for a few days at a time. Very enjoyable.

I've been using two teams for a while now, the Lilly Sol team and a dark team.
    This event just made me use the team I already had.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I remember the caster event. This is one event that literally FORCES you to use casters, if you want to even stand a chance against another team. It forced players to spend over a million gold just to rerune and buff their casters. VERY annoying event if you ask me.

I did not change a single rune, did not change my teams whatsoever (same attack teams vs same defenses), and did not lose a single raid during the caster event. It certainly made pvp a little more interesting, but it was in no way a shake up of the meta like the current event.

• darrendarren Member
    Well, you'll have to accept the dev's intention of doing these events -- to encourage players to try out heroes who are otherwise forgotten (a.ka. go spend gold/gem to upgrade and rune that unpopular heroes)..Since event boost is NOT permanent, there is no urgency to rebalance the game. This also means that players should just go with the flow, to use the temporarily boosted heroes..
  • Deathrift_ wrote: »
    I remember the caster event. This is one event that literally FORCES you to use casters, if you want to even stand a chance against another team. It forced players to spend over a million gold just to rerune and buff their casters. VERY annoying event if you ask me.

This one is kind of alike, not as game-changing but still unnecessary. Just the stat buff for every member would be fine.

A million gold is like re-runing 1 hero...
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

A million gold is like re-runing 1 hero...

At some point, you'll stop caring about gold. I have something like 113 million gold. 200K gold/rune is nothing. If you buy daily gold and hit L1, you'll be swimming in the metallic yellow resource.

Now brimstone, on the other hand . . .

I think he is saying he wants it to be some kind of neutral buff, for players like him (Including me) have spread roosters, but they are synergizing with a single hero or 2 depending how many core heroes you have, i have my entire power strategy revolving around jabber and bovus, i mean events that don't effect some people will make it harder to make it to legend, i am scared that one of these events i won't make it to legend 1 ruining my reputation even tho it would be completely because i am getting events that are giving me some serious trouble... i mean could you imagine an event that worked for heroes you didnt have or at least weren't at all helpful for you, i mean it would make it hard, also since dark has so many fast hereos they basically can remove up to like 3 heroes at the start of the game...

All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Those barbs are powerful, can't wait for some cheap counter to be released... As I said in my old days... Game on and may I be empowered by the dark side
  • Now if DB really wanted to switch things up they would do a light festival. Then a majority of players would need to re-rune. Dust off those MKs & Arias.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Or just skip the event. It's not like MK, BD, Aria, Leo, and Ekko basic attacks actually scare anyone.
  • Or just quit Dungeon boss while you are ahead because from the looks of things, they are practically just monetising no worse than EA.
    Total Zomminionation.
  • Echonap,

Your's is a very fair suggestion; a philosophy I employed and enjoyed with the construct and healer buffs. But this one is different for several reasons:

1. The buff is offensive rather than defensive. Without dumping tons of resources into heroes I don't want long term, I can't keep them alive long enough to actually use the buff.

2. The buff supports a popular configuration as opposed to configurations rarely seen. Thus, I generally am not playing my makeshift dark team against another makeshift team; I am playing against finely honed, resource intensive teams.

3. The bonus is too much -- it is essentially a mandate rather than an encouragement to play a particular team. If players want a chance to win, they don't have a choice. I have an unusual motivation not to play a dark team -- my young daughter is frightened by many of the dark heroes (zomm, grom, shade, etc.) and I want to keep my team friendly for her use.

4. Most of the dark heroes are hard to unlock. Newer players will not have an option to use a fully dark team unless they have chosen to focus in that direction. At level 65, I am still missing zomm, grom, shade, and hopper (probably 4 of the 6 most popular dark heroes). And I am better off than a lot of players -- Agnon is my top character while some players have no good dark heroes.

Lol ur daughter is scared? **** your daughter. Darkness will take over. Light will die.

Call me Executummy. I only use dark heroes!
  • danacdanac Member
    wow. that's some sig pic.
    I had to go out and buy a new monitor just to see it.