New Race Concept, and Race Trait Idea for Demons

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited May 18 in Feedback & Suggestions
So, I know we just got the Barbarians... But with the apparently un-announced (at the time of writing this) Emily and Malice reworks, I'm thinking there could be a new race (or perhaps 'class' is a better term?) of Heroes. In addition, I'm glad Malice is getting a buff, but the Demons are still too weak. Potentially granting them a race trait could make them more viable.

This wouldn't change much. In fact, it's more just a category for already-existing heroes. I mainly suggest this because Emily is just labeled as 'Healer' and nothing more. Most heroes have a set race and class, so this is just an idea to give some family-less heroes a home.

Divine - Race Trait
Effect: Hero takes 25% less damage from Undead and Demon enemies, and deals 2x damage to Undead and Demon enemies.

Divine - Hero List
  • Archangel Emily
  • Augustus
  • Matsuta Kira
  • Astrid
  • Yasmin Bloom
  • Ember Sanguine
  • Zen

Here's the race trait idea for Demons:

Demonic - Race Trait
Effect: Ignore all enemy Taunts and Provokes. Low chance to apply Wildfire on all attacks, and heal from attacking Burning enemies.

Demonic - Hero List
  • Malice
  • Nitpick
  • Icepick
  • Tsume
  • Ella Ametryst

Please let me know what you think! :smiley:
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Obviously Divine heroes wouldn't have skills like PWN Undead or Emily's new Demon Bane passive, since it would be redundant.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 18
    The demonic race trait you suggest is cool, and I'm all in favour of it.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, the divine passive makes perfect thematic sense but feels boring compared to the demonic equivalent. Maybe divine heroes could take less damage from shocked enemies? With Emily now having a passive purge, Shroud might be less of an issue.
    edited May 18
    Stinky wrote: »
    The demonic race trait you suggest is cool, and I'm all in favour of it.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, the divine passive makes perfect thematic sense but feels boring compared to the demonic equivalent. Maybe divine heroes could take less damage from shocked enemies? With Emily now having a passive purge, Shroud might be less of an issue.

I know, lol! After looking at it, I realized how boring the Divine race trait was by comparison. But the reason behind it was essentially to combine PWN Undead and Demon Hunter, and group all the heroes who had those traits into one category. I felt like adding anything else on top of that would be a little too powerful, but I don't know.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    If the numbers were tweaked it'd be fine to make the divine trait more fun. The beasts' trait only does x1.25 damage to ogres, but the counter-attack element is the interesting part. Every now and again I'll see that I do increased damage to someone's Grog and wonder why for a second, but whenever I attack a beast team I'm always keenly aware that all of those critters can bite, chew and claw at me if I so much as poke one of them.
  • I think the divine category should have been here from the start. However, I don't think heroes like Kira and Yasmin should be in it. It's easy to tell angelic heroes like Emily and Augustus should be in the category but I think I like your empire idea more for the asian-esque heroes. It would be cool to have some sort of "royal bloodline" for Yasmin, Alex, and a couple other people who don't have families but are more noble characters.
  • For the divine trait, you forgot the most divine hero of all: Zen!!!
    Trying to get back to playing the game after a few months...
    For the divine trait, you forgot the most divine hero of all: Zen!!!

Lol, I even said to myself, “Feels like I’m forgetting someone...” xD