Losing Honor Locked Chest

This morning I got on, saw I had lost ~300 honor and locked it for 4-6 hours to cover until I can get the loot. Right now, still locked, I opened it and saw there is nothing left. Only two raids. @Joel what could this be about?ygprux2cb1mn.png
w3l0ktlch88i.png
Tagged:

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    When you logged in and before you protected your chest, your defense was selected and placed in the pool for raiding. You got raided 22 times during that window, resulting in the loss of all your honor. The chest protection mechanism doesn't work in real time. It only counts when your defense is selected to be placed in the pool.

Replays do not always appear. If you come back later, they may.
  • echonap wrote: »
    When you logged in and before you protected your chest, your defense was selected and placed in the pool for raiding. You got raided 22 times during that window, resulting in the loss of all your honor. The chest protection mechanism doesn't work in real time. It only counts when your defense is selected to be placed in the pool.

Replays do not always appear. If you come back later, they may.

That needs to be fixed. If I spent hammers- they should activate. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent them and it's a waste. @Joel
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The chest system has always worked this way, and the protection does activate when you spend the hammers, but it doesn't protect against players who already have you as a listed enemy.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    The chest system has always worked this way, and the protection does activate when you spend the hammers, but it doesn't protect against players who already have you as a listed enemy.

It should protect us from losing honor not from getting attacked.
  • echonapechonap Member
    It does protect you from losing honor, but not in real time.

It can work in your benefit the other way too. If your chest is protected when you are selected, and afterward your protection expires, you won't lose any honor even though you were attacked when your chest was unprotected in real time.

It's the mechanics of the game, and there is nothing to fix.
  • The lock should work in real time... that's what it is after all. It's very misleading too.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If it locked in exact real-time, we'd run into a variety of complex and cases. If your chest is unprotected and someone sees you as a potential raid target and they raid you and you then protect your chest one second before they land the finishing blow? What happens if they see you as a potential target and are scouting your team as you protect your chest? We've been up front about how the system works since PVP was introduced. If you have ideas on how we can make it appear less misleading in the game, we're absolutely open to suggestions on how to make our messaging clearer, but changing the functionality of the system is not likely to happen anytime soon.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Why can’t we all be available to be raided all the time?

This. And everything else. But especially this.
  • danacdanac Member
    because then everyone would hunt me down....
  • dvd54407dvd54407 Member
    edited May 23
    @Joel here, I'll write the acceptance criteria for your developers. Just give this to them and tell them to implement it.

AC 1
    Given a player completes a raid vs another player,
    when the defense loses,
    then execute a real-time check against Chest Protection to determine whether it is currently active.

AC 2a
    Given a defensive loss,
    when Chest Protection was active at the time of loss,
    then store a value of TRUE in a new field/attribute ("Protected") for that battle log

AC 2b
    Given a defensive loss,
    when Chest Protection was inactive at the time of loss,
    then store a value of FALSE in a new field/attribute ("Protected") for that battle log

AC 3a
    Given a player logs in,
    when the device syncs with the servers
    AND a retrieved battle log has "Protected" = TRUE,
    then do not deduct loot from their chest
    AND increase the Protected Losses count by 1

AC 3b
    Given a player logs in,
    when the device syncs with the servers
    AND a retrieved battle log has "Protected" = FALSE,
    then deduct loot from their chest
    AND increase the Lost Defenses count by 1
  • dvd54407dvd54407 Member
    Because another major part of the problem is that chest protection only seems to work if it's enabled when you log in and your device syncs with the servers. I've had issues several times where I set up chest protection all night, but I login maybe an hour after it expires. When my devices syncs and pulls down all the battle logs, because my chest protection is CURRENTLY expired, all those battles count as losses (even if the loss occurred during the night when protection was active).

I know it happened when protection should be active because I checked the player's Last Login status AND (because Last Login isn't always accurate) followed up with the player directly and confirmed when they last ran a PvP battle to confirm timeframe.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Chest protection adds no enjoyment to the game. Just get rid of it and think of another purpose for hammers.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    I agree with @bvs72, not only does it add no enjoyment to the game it currently takes away some enjoyment of the game. Also if it really is that simple, then for Christ’s sake, hire @dvd54407!
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Bad @bvs72 muppet, don't take away my chest protection and hammers.
    I like using my hammers with my protection on... >:)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I don't think protection should mean the attacker gets less of anything, they put in the same amount of work, just that the defender shouldn't lose honor while protected. Like @Swordking35 said, it doesn't matter if it's a positive sum game since we're spending it anyways.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Chest protection adds no enjoyment to the game. Just get rid of it and think of another purpose for hammers.

...attacking muppets?
  • echonapechonap Member
    Maybe use hammers to refresh raid options instead of gold?
  • I think that would make hammers pretty useless for sub 70 players. I don't think many people refresh often and we already have free ones, more with VIP. The only people who refresh a lot are going for leaderboard spots. Wouldn't that also make gold useless for those high people?
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    @Joel - I understand that you said above about the dungeons not being locked in real time. However, in the past few days, I have had loot taken from my dungeon three times even when it was locked for several hours surrounding (i.e., before and after) the attack's occurrence.

At the end of last season, my dungeon was looted even though it was locked at the time the attack supposedly happened...and had been locked for at least 12 (maybe even 24 hours) prior.

Today, I just received a notice that I was attacked and looted twice. The attacks happened two hours ago* but my dungeon has been locked nonstop starting at least several hours before these attacks happened.

Something does not seem right here. Even if it is the status of your dungeon protection at the moment the attacker has you listed as an opponent that matters, I would hope that my dungeon is not just sitting in someone's PvP attack list for 12-24 hours.

*Sidenote: Why did it take two hours for the notification to show up even though I was playing the game and was even doing PvP?