Disease Touch

Is disease touch even working? I have the new dark rune with disease touch in Balog. But never seen any opponent diseased? Can someone explain how this works. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Balog is not a great choice for this rune, since his first special attack is a ranged attack - no touching involved. His second special isn't even an attack. Only his basic and 3rd special ability can actually disease an enemy, and the 3rd special takes a long time to get to.

You should put this on a hero who does both a basic melee attack and special melee attacks, like Grog-Gnog or Bovus, or if it has to be a barbarian at the moment, Abigail or Drakk. More melee attacks = more chances to disease.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    I believe it’s only the basic that has a chance to disease.

The “Touch” tunes are basically worthless, as they don’t proc on special attacks, whether melee or not.

I agree with you — any melee attacks should have a chance to trigger the disease/burning/chill etc. but they don’t do it that way. You can’t spell DumB without DB.
  • YasanthaYasantha Member
    Thanks guys for the detailed explanation. :)
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Disease touch runes do work on ranged attacks, mine on Shade procs once in a while
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    It worksonly on basic attacks, no matter if they are melee or ranged.
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
    I had it test3d using Balog & Drakk. It hasn't diseased anyone so far. It's pretty worthless I guess.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Yasantha wrote: »
    I had it test3d using Balog & Drakk. It hasn't diseased anyone so far. It's pretty worthless I guess.
    Yeesh. I thought the sheer number of attacks that Drakk can perform would cause him to spread disease everywhere. Maybe it's a bug to do with his bonus attacks? I read that Grog had (has?) similar issues with some runes.

• RocksorRocksor Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Yeesh. I thought the sheer number of attacks that Drakk can perform would cause him to spread disease everywhere. Maybe it's a bug to do with his bonus attacks? I read that Grog had (has?) similar issues with some runes.

The issue with Grog only happened when you had an epic and touch effects did not work for his basic attacks. They fixed it a couple of months ago.

• echonapechonap Member

I've seen Drakk disease, so it definitely works. You know it does not work on special attacks like Pillage, Cry Havoc, and Bullrush, right?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »

The issue with Grog only happened when you had an epic and touch effects did not work for his basic attacks. They fixed it a couple of months ago.
    Oh, okay. Cheers!
    echonap wrote: »

I've seen Drakk disease, so it definitely works. You know it does not work on special attacks like Pillage, Cry Havoc, and Bullrush, right?

Yeah. But none of Drakk's follow up attacks doesn't seem to disease anyone. That's what I'm worried about.