New content...

Is it not coming out today?
Level - 70
Guild - VIP LIFE
Tagged:

Comments

• Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • Your silence hurts--- if something came up to prevent the content from being dropped today, at least make a blog post explaining the issue or something.
    Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited May 23
    They might be a little busy at the moment...Its only 20 minutes after update time.

And they haven't formally announced to the greater user community that it was supposed to come out today (right?)

I'd rather they get it right.
  • @sirtainly yeah they might be busy but their work day is done in an hour or so, so if it is not up now I don't think it will come up until next week. Also, while only people who read the summit knew about the update, the devs shouldn't get our hopes up like this. They should've just said the update is coming tuesday next week instead of it will probably come today but if not next week.
    Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I didn't respond for 25 minutes, cut me some slack here. :tongue:

We said the update MIGHT be happening today, we did not guarantee it. In addition, keep in mind that the update is not an event, so it isn't inherently going to happen at 3pm like an event would. We are working to ensure that when the update is released that it has as few issues as possible (preferably with none). There is still a chance that it will be today, but as we said yesterday, that is not a guarantee.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel Sorry I was just so excited for the new content I couldn't help but get mad. As for the future, I think we would all like if you guys gave a definite release date and stuck to it. I appreciate you guys trying to push it out early but I would much rather prefer a definite date over a guesstimate. And as for the chance it comes out today, what do you think? 50% or maybe 40%?
    Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • Phouka79Phouka79 Member
    @hudson1520 but then if they did give a definitive date and missed it because of an unexpected issue people would be on here complaining about how they make promises they can’t keep. I am as excited for new content as the next DB player but it’s just a game and things happen so let’s give the devs the benefit of the doubt and let them work it out so we don’t run into too many issues when the update happens. I would rather wait then be locked out of the game or be unable to do my tower runs because of an issue.
    edited May 23
    Absolutely agree with what was said at the summit (as I read it) and absolutely agree with your post, @Joel.

As an eager player I must admit I hope you're successful so we have the pleasure of playing with it over this (USA holiay) weekend.

I'll be working late tonight too ;). I hear that Coke and Pepsi can deliver directly by truck if you order a certain minimum # of cases per month.
  • How do I read summits, where are they held, twitch, somewhere in forums, anyway I don't know where the summits are and would hope for there to be some way I could read, like a summit subject forum maybe?
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • BraveRobBraveRob Member
    Do you have Line? @ toothless
    edited May 23
    How do I read summits, where are they held, twitch, somewhere in forums, anyway I don't know where the summits are and would hope for there to be some way I could read, like a summit subject forum maybe?

One of the forum members (pcg0d) posts a link to the logs of the summit in the thread titled "New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits", a stickied thread in the General Discussion section of this forum, usually followed by a super-short summary of the important points covered.

I think it takes place every second Monday.
    The update is just about done, but we're more likely to release it tomorrow than today. Yes, during the summit we said that if it wasn't released today that it would be next week, but we changed our minds. :tongue:
  • @Joel Thanks for the news update! Do you know about what time it will be released tomorrow? Early in the morning, noon time, 3pm reset, night time? We would really appreciate if you could push it out today :)
    Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • BraveRob wrote: »
    Do you have Line? @ toothless

Nope, never did, even while smash was alive! (Monsters rampage, not that one I think is for audiences 18+)
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    What is this update?
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    What is this update?

y4436thryic1.jpg

• @Alecat97 real clever
    Level - 70
    Guild - VIP LIFE
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    When it is done, how long will the testing be, before it is released?
  • heelerheeler Member
    edited May 24
    Is the GT definitely going to be next week (the 31st), or ...? @Joel
    Post edited by heeler on
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    When it is done, how long will the testing be, before it is released?

They'll want to make sure it's flawless, so i imagine they'll wait until the release version 1.0 of the game....

• I'm ok with bugs, honestly it's fun seeing glitches! (Unless they form meta teams created by indecent people)
    Just got the new update, now to grind out the almost 2,000 dungeons needed to get to 71!
  • Phouka79 wrote: »
    Just got the new update, now to grind out the almost 2,000 dungeons needed to get to 71!

Didn't even get the announcement! :O This is huge and no banner? LOL
    They said since it isn’t an event it would roll out differently so I guess not. And am I the only one that didn’t realize that boss mode dungeons give 10xp instead of just 5? It’s been so long since I have had to bother with xp I guess I just never paid attention.
    We aren't going to have an in-game announcement because most players won't actually notice the change, and it's a bit of a tease to say "NEW DUNGEONS" to a level 30 player. I'll be posting a small patch notes post to commemorate the changes though, since there are a few other changes as well.