Who Agrees?

King_YorickKing_Yorick Member
edited May 3 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
I feel like Lord Chromos(not sure that's how you spell his name) is a little...to weak, every time I face him, he never once made one move, I think he should be a bit harder, maybe he attacks fast instead of slow? Sure, he revives a lot, but his health isn't close enough to outlive more then 2 hits from my peeps, who else agrees that he needs some sort of buff? I want a challenge when I get the the very top. Floor 11 is strong enough! I have a harder time against them then Floor 12, I'm sure other people want a good challenge from this boss right? I think he should have a health boost of 75% and a Dmg boost of 25%, even if he does get a hit, his hits are very weak.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    A long time ago someone gave me a reason as to why Chromus is weak and it kinda makes sense.

He’s a piñata. He’s the colorful cardboard horse full of goodies that you have to bash open. A reward for beating the first 11 floors.

I understand a lot of people want Chromus to be some sort of challenge, but I’m personally fine either way. I like him as he is now, because if he actually required time and effort to beat, the tower would be even less enticing to run for me. But it would also be interesting to see Chromus be a threat for once.
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    A long time ago someone gave me a reason as to why Chromus is weak and it kinda makes sense.

He’s a piñata. He’s the colorful cardboard horse full of goodies that you have to bash open. A reward for beating the first 11 floors.

I understand a lot of people want Chromus to be some sort of challenge, but I’m personally fine either way. I like him as he is now, because if he actually required time and effort to beat, the tower would be even less enticing to run for me. But it would also be interesting to see Chromus be a threat for once.

Maybe face all 5 Crom.....uses? Crommi? at once, make them fast and give them some simple construct synergy like 10% D buff for every construct on their team.
  • These are all good suggestions.
    I feel sorry for the boss honeslty, when I first made it to the top, I was expecting a hard boss, but my lvl 30s 2 shot him..
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    If you want a challenge then fight him 1 on 1 instead of 4 on 1.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited May 4
    Leave him the way he is, the other 11 levels are hard enough.
    He is the Piñata.
    He is the reward.
    No changes needed, please and thank you!
    He is perfect just the way he is.
    ;)

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Leave him the way he is, the other 11 levels are hard enough.
    He is the Piñata.
    He is the reward.
    No changes needed, please and thank you!
    He is perfect just the way he is.
    ;)

I know , somtimes I just feel like I want a challenge from him. I am grateful he is the candy bag after floor 11, just some ppl want a challenge is all
  • Considering that Lord Chromus is like a Piñata, then there might as well be confetti particles while battling. :P
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Deathrift_Deathrift_ Member
    Chromos is weak because back then when the tower released (AKA, the good ol' days) it was expected that by the time you reached floor 12, you would literally by crawling with all your most powerful heroes gone and you having to cope using the weakest ones, which happened many times. Many times I couldn't even get past floor 6-9.

Long story short, before runes the tower was hard as hell.
  • danacdanac Member
    xandrew29 wrote: »

Maybe face all 5 Crom.....uses? Crommi? at once, make them fast and give them some simple construct synergy like 10% D buff for every construct on their team.

chromos used to be fast.
    They made him slow.

I'm the one who said Chromos was weak because he was the reward.

I still believe it.

And consider what you're saying: the addition of barb teams is going to make the tower much harder.
    Do we really want the 12th floor harder now?

It's not just barb teams, it's runes- defense teams on tower floors will now have extra attack runes, caster runes, incinerator runes, etc .
  • I think he could literally just be given 50k HP per life. He still deals crap damage but may be able to survive for a hit each life. It's not even much of a buff because Shade and GG can do 50k in a hit... it's only a slight challenge for backup teams.
  • If they made him harder I expect one thing in return... A bigger prize, I mean if he's hard then make him give 600 gems and 2 celestial evos a million gold and other stuff... Better yet spice tower up a little, sometimes you will battle only cronos, and make him drop a good amount of goodies...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Would be cool to have weekend boss fights where the tower is a single floor with a huge super powerful chronos that drops bonus loot.
  • Thinking bout it reminds me about the good old days when we actually had to strategize in Pve...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • MonkeynutsMonkeynuts Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »

The only challenging part would be deciding which hero to use.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »

I beat him once with someone 40 levels lower with 4'charecters... That says a lot right???
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »

I beat him once with someone 40 levels lower with 4'charecters... That says a lot right???

One time i beat chromus with only lily blossom,and one-shotted his every phase,even the fire phase.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited May 16
    I'd like to see the whole thing redone. Reduce the number of floors, to like 5, then add a Lady Chromus to the final battle too. Lord and Lady Chromus are each a random color, and get a random ability from a hero of their color in the each slot. The Chromus family should go first and have HP like a good Dungeon boss.

The benefit,
    A: reduces the time to run tower
    B: every run is different since the end heroes are random in both color and abilities.

• Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    What if we demote him to mid boss? Say at floor 5 you fight crom as he is now and gives rewards appropriate rewards which should give lower levels and those in a rush a chance to get something sorta decent if they want to quit there and higher ups a little breather level before continuing onto the 12th where a much harder boss resides
  • Ududu2 wrote: »
    What if we demote him to mid boss? Say at floor 5 you fight crom as he is now and gives rewards appropriate rewards which should give lower levels and those in a rush a chance to get something sorta decent if they want to quit there and higher ups a little breather level before continuing onto the 12th where a much harder boss resides

I think Chromus should have a revamp at the top but I do like the idea of a mini boss halfway through to give like 30% of the final loot.