Team ideas vs new barbarians?

2»

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 22
    He said non-dark energy runes so I said festive. Just not sure who to put them on to get the purge?
    I'm trying to tank Emily up - she has her passive aoe purge which should take Shroud off Balog. You'd think that Abi's +attack buff from her first ability would soak up the purge; however, that buff acts like Ferno's and Hansuke's attack-altering effects, and can't be purged. Like Toothless said, I want the energy rune in order to access Emily's aoe cleanse. At the moment I don't use Emily in "real" PvP because I haven't been able to prevent Balog from silencing Ferno. While silenced, Ferno relies on a crit to get that first Wildfire going, and without the purge, it can't be on Balog. Using SB and Ferno I'll probably faff around and try to make a team that can either kill or seriously cripple Balog on turn one, although I suspect any such team I build won't be able to withstand turn two's onslaught. SB only needs to live long enough to purge, anyway...
    I was being silly, and I think they added that purge effect a year or so ago in attempts to get him some play, didn't work until they released shade.
    Oh, sorry about that. I thought you were joking but I'm never 100% sure on the internet. :)
  • Stinky wrote: »
    He said non-dark energy runes so I said festive. Just not sure who to put them on to get the purge?
    I'm trying to tank Emily up - she has her passive aoe purge which should take Shroud off Balog. You'd think that Abi's +attack buff from her first ability would soak up the purge; however, that buff acts like Ferno's and Hansuke's attack-altering effects, and can't be purged. Like Toothless said, I want the energy rune in order to access Emily's aoe cleanse. At the moment I don't use Emily in "real" PvP because I haven't been able to prevent Balog from silencing Ferno. While silenced, Ferno relies on a crit to get that first Wildfire going, and without the purge, it can't be on Balog. Using SB and Ferno I'll probably faff around and try to make a team that can either kill or seriously cripple Balog on turn one, although I suspect any such team I build won't be able to withstand turn two's onslaught. SB only needs to live long enough to purge, anyway...
    I was being silly, and I think they added that purge effect a year or so ago in attempts to get him some play, didn't work until they released shade.
    Oh, sorry about that. I thought you were joking but I'm never 100% sure on the internet. :)

Ehh true, another thing that makes this genoration of gamers so intense... Oh well, I miss the good old days of pack man when the gaming community wasn't so toxic, I mean seriously do gamers have to swear in almost every sentence these days... Also the fact that they can't stand losing at anything and if they do they start doomsaying taking about how the game needs ballencing because of how many losses they have had against them even though they are probably using them themselves (cough cough hypocrites) and then when they bring out a nerf they complain a lot saying that they were not even close to as bad as this oer thing seen mostly in the hearthstone fan base for me, but I just miss when children weren't the majority of player. (Again this is mainly because they don't understand that winning isn't everything... But then again that's what most gamers think now.)
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I've had reasonable success against the defense of Barbs + 1 (usually Shade or Goretusk) using Ferno, Emily, Agnon + 1. The +1 could be Selywn, Ecco, Leonidas or possibly Solaris (I haven't tried Solaris yet).

The theory is that Ferno reduces damage until his turn, usually after Balog silences him. Then Drakk kills him, and Emily revives him (assuming she has survived, which she should). Ferno then gets to go with his first and second specials (getting killed removes the silence), spreading wildfire and likely taking out Drakk, and Agnon is an almost certain kill on someone if you runed him right, and of course can't be silenced. The +1 does their thing and round we go again, but this time the defender only has two heros, Abgail and Balog, both with wildfire clearing their buffs, and Emily's auto-purge helping.

This hasn't been 100% successful, and I'm experimenting with different heroes in the 4th slot.

• I wish I had a good ferno and Agnon, I would then try a lily in this group too...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    I wish I had a good ferno and Agnon, I would then try a lily in this group too...

AG, Ferno, Lilly, GT works well against straight barbs, which are rare. The Shade/Barbs are the really invincible setup because you can’t stop Balog from silencing your team and blocking your ability to wildfire.

Emily with TWO festive runes can be effective, but let’s be real. Any strategy that requires a pair of very limited release runes on a hero to defeat it is absurd. The Barbarian update is only a few weeks old, but it’s so smothering to pretty much everything else it demands immediate attention.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 23
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I've had reasonable success against the defense of Barbs + 1 (usually Shade or Goretusk) using Ferno, Emily, Agnon + 1. The +1 could be Selywn, Ecco, Leonidas or possibly Solaris (I haven't tried Solaris yet).

The theory is that Ferno reduces damage until his turn, usually after Balog silences him. Then Drakk kills him, and Emily revives him (assuming she has survived, which she should). Ferno then gets to go with his first and second specials (getting killed removes the silence), spreading wildfire and likely taking out Drakk, and Agnon is an almost certain kill on someone if you runed him right, and of course can't be silenced. The +1 does their thing and round we go again, but this time the defender only has two heros, Abgail and Balog, both with wildfire clearing their buffs, and Emily's auto-purge helping.

This hasn't been 100% successful, and I'm experimenting with different heroes in the 4th slot.
    How have you runed your Emily? In particular, I'm interested in the red rune. I can't seem to get her to reliably survive the initial onslaught, even going mostly defensively with DR and, well, defense. (I wish her epic increased her HP instead of her attack...!)

As for Solaris, Balog is so good at locking her down that I don't bother with her against a barb team. At least Zomm can get disease spread to them reliably, without taking too much damage thanks to GT and Ferno. Maybe you'll have better luck, though.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    How have you runed your Emily? In particular, I'm interested in the red rune. I can't seem to get her to reliably survive the initial onslaught, even going mostly defensively with DR and, well, defense. (I wish her epic increased her HP instead of her attack...!)

As for Solaris, Balog is so good at locking her down that I don't bother with her against a barb team. At least Zomm can get disease spread to them reliably, without taking too much damage thanks to GT and Ferno. Maybe you'll have better luck, though.

I had a Superior Elusive Rune on her (Dodge Health Defense & 10% Damage Penetration), but since watching the video someone kindly posted I've switched that onto Ferno and put Ferno's Festive rune on Emily (Attack, Attack, Health +1 Energy). That ought to have reduced Emily's survivability but in conjunction with Goretusk as the 4th hero she does fine. She still has 13484 Defense and 10273 health.

Two seasons ago I had about 50% success rate on defense with Barbies plus Shade, but last season it was only 30%. No matter who first tried/invented the Emily/Ferno/Agnon/Goretusk attack I think the days of the Barbie defense are numbered as word gets around. Festive runes on Emily make the job easier, but are not 100% necessary.

Every defense has a key to breaking it, and once enough people can regularly break the Barbs + Shade it'll come back to other factors. I'm already seeing fewer of these defenses.

The Offense always has the advantage, being able to make live choices about who to attack.

Re: Emily having attack as her primary (+30%) Epic Bonus, yes that's really stupid. I don't know why they didn't fix that and make it Health when they re-vamped her. At least it's the same for everyone.
  • I can't even find a challenge in PVP. Shade barbs is an attack team. And free wins on defense. U jus have to outlast them many teams can do it. If u have festive Emily. Tusk.ferno.agnon.emily all rune def hp skill cept agnon. If u don't have festive runes u can run tusk.ekko.ferno.emily. all def hp rocky tusk ferno agnon works too. Zomm Emily teams Lilly teams. How u beat barbs is jus refusing to die. I can still counter PvP level 77shade barbs when I'm 70. If ur opponent does not have an all attack rune shade. Even shade tusk agnon zomm can win. The most disgusting thing is how quick people come to conclusions like barbs too OP. If you find my utube channel. You will see all PvP done for past month is turn into whatever I say on my channel. People jus want answers to their problems and don't even give credit. Hell I'm surprised they haven't found way to copy my def3nse team n pawn it off as not jumper's idea. (Tusk Lilly Emily Zomm) come get some lol
  • I didn't run beasts but if I did I would run 4beast 2glass cannon 1survial hero and an all attack or all skill Solaris. Solaris should not be runed to take hits u want her to die turn 1 vs barbs. Giving u free glass cannon revives plus coming back unsilenced. Good luck in PvP hope couple team ideas helped if not go utube plenty information there
2»