Rune Specifications

What are all the rune specifications? I noticed the frames with 4 spikes can be greater or superior. Also that there are such things as heroic and legendary. And stars.

1-5 stars
Legendary, heroic, (all the lowers)- are these the silver frames?
lesser, improved, greater, superior, elite- do these have visual indications?

and are there any I don't know about? It seems there are lots of factors that go into runes.

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 24
    Legendary runes have the silver frames, the two rubies embedded in the frame, and the spikey bits. The top ruby has its own silver spikey bits, too. We like spikes. Maybe if there are Super Legendary runes at some point, the bottom ruby will also get spikes - until then, we can only dream of such opulence.

1voo1cix8box.png

Heroic runes have the one, non-spikey ruby at the top. Only half of the frame is silver.

q600ulftk400.jpg

Rare runes have the silver wings, but no rubies. The silver wings also don't reach all the way up to the halfway point.

rwr9f4450xnw.jpg

Uncommon runes have a small bit of silver at the bottom, and common runes have no silver at all.

Each of these qualities, from legendary to common, can have one to five stars. Obviously, the higher the better. One thing to note, though, is that legendary and heroic can be upgraded to level thirty; rares only go up to level twenty.

The icon in the middle is meant to tell you the type of rune. For example, the Stonehenge looking icon in the heroic/rare pics above mean that those runes are improved bulwark runes. Improved battle runes have a sword in the middle, while greater battle runes have a hammer, superior battle runes have two crossed swords, and elites have an axe (but a scarier looking axe than the ones on lesser battle runes).

Hope this helps!
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Legendary runes have the silver frames, the two rubies embedded in the frame, and the spikey bits. The top ruby has its own silver spikey bits, too. We like spikes. Maybe if there are Super Legendary runes at some point, the bottom ruby will also get spikes - until then, we can only dream of such opulence.

Uncommon runes have a small bit of silver at the bottom, and common runes have no silver at all.

Each of these qualities, from legendary to common, can have one to five stars. Obviously, the higher the better. One thing to note, though, is that legendary and heroic can be upgraded to level thirty; rares only go up to level twenty.

The icon in the middle is meant to tell you the type of rune. For example, the Stonehenge looking icon in the heroic/rare pics above mean that those runes are improved bulwark runes. Improved battle runes have a sword in the middle, while greater battle runes have a hammer.

I don't know anything about elite runes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! When you tune a rune you get more stars and when you hit a new level (like heroic) the stars reset to one and can increase right? So each star is like a part of the way to the next tier?

Also is a legendary greater better than a heroic superior or where does it cut off?
  • Stinky wrote: »

The icon in the middle is meant to tell you the type of rune. For example, the Stonehenge looking icon in the heroic/rare pics above mean that those runes are improved bulwark runes. Improved battle runes have a sword in the middle, while greater battle runes have a hammer.

I don't know anything about elite runes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! When you tune a rune you get more stars and when you hit a new level (like heroic) the stars reset to one and can increase right? So each star is like a part of the way to the next tier?

Also is a legendary greater better than a heroic superior or where does it cut off?

No, the 1-5 stars are independent and offer a 6% increase in base stats.

Basically the structure of runes is this:

1. Select element (red, green, etc)
    2. Select Tier (lesser, improved, greater, superior, elite)
    3. Select Rarity by tuning (common, uncommon, rare, heroic, legendary)
    4. Select Stars by tuning (1-5)

#3 and 4 you don't get to just pick those, but you tune until you get what you want. 99% of people will want 5* legendary which you probably should just use the "max tune" button from the get go.
  • Thanks guys. I've never been into crafting runes and just equip the best one's I have.
  • Thanks guys. I've never been into crafting runes and just equip the best one's I have.

Sameish, although I don't have a lot of good epics most of them are below level 8 except my jabber, he's level 11 but I make up for it with my chaotic supply and demand of runes... Except the important ones like aegis and energy and casters... :rage:!!! But I'm not bitter I'll get my revenge on the traitors!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Hey guys, I have a question regarding runes. I have a hero that I'm trying to rune up for max damage reduction (max is 50%), and I have them at 30%. Two of the runes that hero has say +10% damage reduction in PvP (so that's +20% dmg reduction in pvp. Would that add up to be at 50%? (In other words, did I do a good job with runes?) I'm level 60, and I don't have a ton of heroes at max ascension, so it's hard to farm items to get runes, but I tried my best.