Hero Idea - Oakthorn, Lord of the Forest!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited May 26 in Fan-Made Heroes
Oakthorn, Lord of the Forest

qy6smg25vjom.jpeg

Whenever a tree is chopped, Oakthorn feels it. His roots are connected to every tree in the known realm. Oakthorn stands as a guardian of all things natural, and is constantly working against the corruption of the Great Evil. His brother, whose name was lost with his soul, is now known as the Root of All Evil. Oakthorn’s only wish is to defeat the Great Evil, because he believes doing so will return his corrupted brother to him. Hopefully, as he remembers him.

Class: Legendary/Plant/Tank/Slow
Element: Nature
Stats:
Health - 10/10
Attack - 4/10
Defense - 8/10
Skill - 3/10

Runes: Nature/Nature/Nature/Light/Light

Passive Abilities:
0A:
Slow - This Hero attacks last, but gains +25% Hp and Atk.
Golden Sap - For the first 3 turns of battle, allied Plants cannot have buffs purged (including this one), and will take greatly reduced damage from Fire enemies.
Hardended Bark - This Hero’s thick bark negates 30% of Ranged damage, and 15% of Physical damage. Ranged Physical attacks will thusly be reduced by 45%.
Harbinger of Life - Grants all Nature allies +[15%] Attack, +[10%] Defense, and +[10%] Skill.
1A:
Harbinger of Life II - Grants all Nature allies +[30%] Attack, +[20%] Defense, and +[20%] Skill.
Anti-Corruption Roots - Whenever a Plant ally is hit by a Dark enemy’s attack, chance for all Plants (except the Plant which was attacked) to revenge-attack the attacker. Plant allies also will deal +[100%] damage against Dark foes.
2A:
Growth Spurts - Whenever Plant allies Grow, they will gain +1 energy. When hit by Critical hits, Plant allies will Grow by one stage.
Woodwork Barrier - For every stack of Growth on allied Plants, all Plant allies are granted +1.875% Damage Reduction (60% with 4 fully grown Plant allies).

Abilities:
Oaken Swing - Basic Physical Melee Attack. Deals low damage to the target, and buffs own Defense for 2 turns. If this attack Crits or defeats the target, buffs team Defense for 2 turns.

Rage of the Forest - Physical Melee attack for moderate damage on a target. Then rallies all Plant allies to use their first fully charged ability (excluding this Hero) on the same target. Plant allies will just perform a basic attack on the target if they have no abilities that are fully charged.
Cooldown: 6

Wild Growth - Buffs team Attack for 2 turns, and applies Taunt for 3 turns. Then Grows all Plant allies by 3 stacks. If a Plant ally was already at 8 stacks of Growth, they will become Invincible for 1 turn.
Cooldown: 4

Sapping Roots - Sending a crawling wave of roots at the enemy team, they deal moderate Ranged Physical damage to all enemies. All enemies damaged will also have up to 3 buffs purged, and Plant allies will gain energy for every buff purged (on the target enemy, only). After this ability is finished, grants all Plant allies Golden Sap (see Passive Abilities) for 3 turns.
Cooldown: 6

Comments

• This is a really cool hero... would definitely make plants a lot better
  • i like this, seems op with lily though, i mean imagine a drakk with 60% DR, i mean he would be invincible at 3 stacks of rage on a fully grown plant team... i wonder how negative damage would work if it was reflected, would it heal the attacker?
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 27
    i like this, seems op with lily though, i mean imagine a drakk with 60% DR, i mean he would be invincible at 3 stacks of rage on a fully grown plant team... i wonder how negative damage would work if it was reflected, would it heal the attacker?

DR can’t go above 90%.

And “really op” was what I was going for. With the Shade/Barb meta right now, we need something really op to beat them!
  • i like this, seems op with lily though, i mean imagine a drakk with 60% DR, i mean he would be invincible at 3 stacks of rage on a fully grown plant team... i wonder how negative damage would work if it was reflected, would it heal the attacker?

DR can’t go above 90%.

And “really op” was what I was going for. With the Shade/Barb meta right now, we need something really op to beat them!

but what if they just throw him in for that increased damage reduction for drakk, and good point i guess, honestly i would love it for a mega control team, imagining it containing lily,this guy, shikate, and the forth being a green of some kind with full advocation to health and attack (Because that 60% DR for the plants could be taken advantage of pretty easily with quadruple max health or something like that... Honestly i have no idea the amount of health each stack gives.
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
    edited May 27
    i like this, seems op with lily though, i mean imagine a drakk with 60% DR, i mean he would be invincible at 3 stacks of rage on a fully grown plant team... i wonder how negative damage would work if it was reflected, would it heal the attacker?

DR can’t go above 90%.

but what if they just throw him in for that increased damage reduction for drakk, and good point i guess, honestly i would love it for a mega control team, imagining it containing lily,this guy, shikate, and the forth being a green of some kind with full advocation to health and attack (Because that 60% DR for the plants could be taken advantage of pretty easily with quadruple max health or something like that... Honestly i have no idea the amount of health each stack gives.

The DR only works for plants with Growth on them. And it only really gets strong when you have 3 or more heroes that are plants. I suppose you could make an all green-team of this guy, Rocky, Lilly, and Drakk, but Drakk's DR would really only start to get insane once Lilly made him into a plant, and he started growing. So, pretty case-specific. I think we'd be fine with it.

Not to mention, you already have Goretusk. Just slap him on a team with Drakk and that's how you get insane, almost-instant DR.

DR can’t go above 90%.

The DR only works for plants with Growth on them. And it only really gets strong when you have 3 or more heroes that are plants. I suppose you could make an all green-team of this guy, Rocky, Lilly, and Drakk, but Drakk's DR would really only start to get insane once Lilly made him into a plant, and he started growing. So, pretty case-specific. I think we'd be fine with it.

Not to mention, you already have Goretusk. Just slap him on a team with Drakk and that's how you get insane, almost-instant DR.

I don't use goretusk, don't have the resources to have a good blue, and if card games have taught me anything it is that you need to find ballence in your rooster, and for now I am a blazing forest, forest fire??? No no green and red, I have a good fully ascended shikate,lily,jabber,bovus,drakk and a good fully ascended Solaris,ignus,lupina (closest to not, my lupina is probably at the bottom of the list of my good fires),pignus, and Abigail... Yeah but that's a total of about 13 viable combos... Viable against what is the idea, although if I had this guy my jabber would just crush the meta, I mean come on 44% damage reduction, really good health, and lifesteal, it's a perfect combo!(I am sudgestions a team of this guy, lily, jabber, and Solaris, although I wish I had energy runes so they could start as plants.

DR can’t go above 90%.

you need to find ballence in your rooster,

You mean... balance in your roster?
  • Mert92Mert92 Member
    looks nice!

DR can’t go above 90%.

I was reading that because of any lower than 50 that might be reading, and honestly all of our roosters and has a key element
    Mine was fire but it slowly edged into allowing life, my brother was frost but he probably has a good hero of each element now, my sister was dark and she edged her way into life too. (Honestly though they are both below level 50 sooo...)

DR can’t go above 90%.

I was reading that because of any lower than 50 that might be reading, and honestly all of our roosters and has a key element
    Mine was fire but it slowly edged into allowing life, my brother was frost but he probably has a good hero of each element now, my sister was dark and she edged her way into life too. (Honestly though they are both below level 50 sooo...)

What are you saying. Like. At all.

DR can’t go above 90%.

What are you saying. Like. At all.

Basically everyone has a goal, an element that they are supposed to focus in, usually decided by the hero you get in portal, once received its up to you the player to create a strong team capable to fight in the meta, if it gets nerfed you have most likely accumalated a diffrent hero you can focus on, like beasts, undead, reptiles, ECT.