Alexandros' passive damage reflect "working" but not as intended?

LydienLydien Member
edited May 28 in General Discussion
The passive, named "Reflecting Shield," says it will:

1. "REFLECT"
2. 50% of the damage taken by allies

So, when I'm attacked by someone like shade (hero chosen randomly, any name would do) for... let's say 1000 damage, you'd expect that one of two amounts is returned, depending on your definition of "REFLECT" - he'll take either 500 (50% of the damage dealt to your hero), or 1000 (because 50% of the attack's damage was reflected back to him, meaning you didn't have to suffer it). What's happening right now is you're taking that 1000, and he's taking a hearty 100-250. The 50% part of the ability is not showing up, simply put.

Now, let's talk about the term "reflect." When you hear "reflects damage" you imagine something preventing the damage by bouncing it back towards the source, effectively turning defense into offense. This is not what Alexandros does. What he's doing is granting a "thorns" aura to his allies, returning a percentile of damage suffered back unto the attacker. I'm okay with this, it just means Alexandros is a lot weaker than advertised (especially since he didn't get an epic to go with his rework).

Now, there's one more problem with the ability: when Alexandros takes a fatal hit (something like a big 14-32k Plummeting Doom from Agnon, most commonly), he reflects 0 damage. The hit that kills him returns nothing, putting him in an even worse position when it comes time to make the call on who's going raiding. This one is a huge problem, and needs immediate fixing.

This last tidbit might be a bug, but I've had it happen a few times where an opponent will use an ability and take 0 damage back from the reflect, because if they take anything back it'd kill them (i.e. the reflect set them to 1). I don't know if his reflect is supposed to be nonlethal, but if it is, it'd be good to have that clarified ASAP.

EDIT: After extensive testing the past few days (read: playing with him because event quests keep telling me to), I've had a significant number of situations come up where the damage return does not kill an opponent; it's definitely nonlethal damage.

The whole situation covered above isn't great, guys. If constructs are going to get some love, it'd be good to start ironing out the kinks as early as possible.

TL;DR

Alexandros gives thorns - doesn't reflect the right % - doesn't damage on death - reflect damage is nonlethal
Post edited by Lydien on
Hopper will eat literally anything; rocks (stonefist), scrap metal (the furnace), ash (solaris), even bone (a lot of examples lol), AND is a known carrier of disease, and yet she still finds herself suffering from the disease ailment most matches... Something must be done!

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    That's disappointing to hear. Thanks for saving me the bother of getting Alex ship-shape.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Are you sure Alexandros isn't reflecting 50% damage but then it's getting reduced by the usual damage reduction factors most characters have?
  • Thx bro, was suspecting this, but was not sure, thx for making all clear
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited May 29
    Pretty sure it is lethal, I've seen many heros with multi hit abilities like Abigail drakk or koros die during the first or second attack then extremely rapidly use up their remaining attacks and most of the time simply drop dead on the spot right in front of the hero they attacked last without returning to their spot

I agree though I hate that no damage is reflected if a hit would kill the reflecting hero
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Reflect damage does not occur after a killing blow by design due to several issues, particularly the potential for it to make battles end in a draw.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    edited May 30
    Jeah damage reflection where always random as hell. If you test Alex in very low level dungeons he will even deal more than a 100%of the damage taken by him as reflect damage. I am pretty sure that when reflection occures the game count it as a normal attack so the enemies defence stats can reduce it. As there where times when my IGOROK could reflect more then 3 times the damage taken, it might even consider the attack stat of the reflecting hero.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 30
    We already had the potential for draws in the form of Solaris vs Solaris, so Alex shouldn't get the short end of the stick. In the case of final attacker dying to damage reflection despite killing Alex (if Alex is the last defender), the attacker should be declared the winner.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 30
    Stinky wrote: »
    We already had the potential for draws in the form of Solaris vs Solaris, so Alex shouldn't get the short end of the stick. In the case of final attacker dying to damage reflection despite killing Alex (if Alex is the last defender), the attacker should be declared the winner.

Agreed on the draws, we already get them so what's the problem?

I disagree, if an attacker has no heroes alive they lose, even if the defender has no heroes alive either. Who's around to open the chest and carry off the loot if everyone died?

• StinkyStinky Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I disagree, if an attacker has no heroes alive they lose, even if the defender has no heroes alive either. Who's around to open the chest and carry off the loot if everyone died?
    Fair point. :)