If you thought the tower was hard before...

Seeing a tower with 8 floors of solaris might have gotten you irked, but imagine when you see a tower with 8 floors of barbs and three floors of solaris.
Each barb floor will have 2 rounds virtually guaranteed of attacks on your heroes, and your own barbs? If they leave the floor with their invincibility triggered, they're dead and you can't use them again.

Comments

• Yeah... idk why people are thinking that drakk is so mega easy (IMO they are crazy) i mean imagine having to face up to 22 rounds, with a very aggressive, very high damage dealing hero... seems impossible to me.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Did some research and that's not how the barb passive works it says once per dungeon, well each floor of pwn is its own dungeon, if it doesn't proc on a floor it's a bug, happened with ignus, first time that didn't, then when I rezed him and he basically died it procced for some reason... Idk why it didn't proc the first time.
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • Pretty pissed with what you've done with the tower this event invincible Lily agnon that just drops everything come on guys I know it's not supposed to be easy but it's not even a contest seven floors of sol Lily on the last that won't take damage sol rezzing hero's you've red crossed four attempts previously not on means losing out on gems etc
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I'm still working on the nature monarchs to fully ascend Drakk, and I assumed Unbridled Rage worked along the same lines as Unbreakable Heart. So if combat lasts for a few rounds after Unbridled Rage is triggered, does Drakk fall over dead no matter what you do? Does it happen at the start or the end of a turn?

Maybe I'll dust Valkin off. Back in the lower levels his low cooldown, aoe freeze was invaluable in clearing out the tower. It'll be hard to keep him alive, though.
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    I'm still working on the nature monarchs to fully ascend Drakk, and I assumed Unbridled Rage worked along the same lines as Unbreakable Heart. So if combat lasts for a few rounds after Unbridled Rage is triggered, does Drakk fall over dead no matter what you do? Does it happen at the start or the end of a turn?

Maybe I'll dust Valkin off. Back in the lower levels his low cooldown, aoe freeze was invaluable in clearing out the tower. It'll be hard to keep him alive, though.

from running them during the campaign and the tower, it seems that the barbs don't die the next round if they have any hp left- like 1 hp. The can last longer.
    But if for some reason they're left with zero but still survive they will then die immediately.

so both ways? I know I've been able to carry a 1 hp barb onto the next floor, and I've also seen the barb marked as dead.

Then yest I wiped a whole floor of barbs with Viper. They killed her but survived with no hip.
    I sent another hero on to the floor to mop up and they were all dead. The hero just collected the chest.

• Stinky wrote: »

No, he doesn't die at the end of turn, he just loses the immunity, I run him with Solaris in tower.... Just don't kill your Solaris and you will be fine, I also run ignus for the energy gain because I mean like 3 energy every other turn is amazing... That's the average energy gained, sometimes you will gain 5!!! And that's not the best part, he can also burn corpses and powerful aoe, but mainly I use him for the energy...
  • oredithoredith Member
    i personally enjoy the new meta. had a pvp match this morning where my solaris got to rez my abi+balog+drakk team 5 times (against a mirror team). it was pretty fun.. :D
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • oredith wrote: »
    i personally enjoy the new meta. had a pvp match this morning where my solaris got to rez my abi+balog+drakk team 5 times (against a mirror team). it was pretty fun.. :D

Do you use a heavy survival Solaris, my sol would never live a turn to survive those guys, also don't they silence you with balog, how can you res them while she is silenced... Have they released an immunity to silence rune???
  • ClaraRClaraR Member
    Similar issues here. Lvl 70 and all heroes 6*.
    I got sol teams lvl 62 that I could not beat ... and I lost all my tower teams.
    I never had real issues for more than 1 year ... and now it seems there are teams in the tower stronger than any pvp oppunents team.
    I can take a look before starting a raid on the oppunents runes ... i am not able to do that in tower ... and i cannot see any reason why lvl 62 teams are beating my lvl 70 6* teams with sup and elite runes ...
    No fun
  • oredithoredith Member
    oredith wrote: »

Do you use a heavy survival Solaris, my sol would never live a turn to survive those guys, also don't they silence you with balog, how can you res them while she is silenced... Have they released an immunity to silence rune???
    yeah, heavy survival.
    red1 = focus
    red2 = duelist with attack, attack, def and DR from caster
    green = healer rune
    yellow = guardian
    purple = bulwark with def, def, health, and DR from caster

the healer rune can't be dispelled nor stolen, so sol can survive quite a bit, enough to outlast the silence.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • LukeTolLukeTol Member
    Against a team of 6 stars barbarians Solaris won't last more than 1 turn, even with heavy HP and defense runes.
    And when your level 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 are all barbarians...
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    Up till today I think the most babarian floors I had was 3, often 2 or even just 1 or 0 and I could get through those, not always easy but they were usually lower level and not always protected by Shade. Frequently they were floors apart so I could regenerate some energy for the group I would use to fight them.

Now floor 7 is a full level 70 barbarian group, level 8 is a group with shade instead of ignus, level 9 is a crazy Agnon floor, level 10 another shade and barbarians group, and level 11 is another shade and barbarian group level 72 while I am still level 70.

In what crazy world is a level increase out in play without any attempt to balance out something like the tower which is such a large part of the game.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • DerisionDerision Member
    oredith wrote: »

this isnt the pvp board.
    Oh the profanity!
  • PugsOfWarPugsOfWar Member
    Yesterday, the first half of my tower contained 4 Solaris-GT-GG floors (mostly with Lilly or Agnon) and ended with 5 straight Shade+Barbarians floors (and they were jacked up on some powerful runes). My full roster has almost always been enough to beat the tower but I only made it to floor 10.

The barbarians are bad enough but it was Shade that really put things over the top. He seemed to have almost no cool down between spirit links and would use it as soon as I entered the floor - even when he had just used it the previous round. He also kept using taunt to force my team to target him (I am assuming that he stole that buff using a rune). This basic pattern happened on each of the floors and it crippled my approach to dealing with these teams.

It was both brutal and futile.
  • PharmBossPharmBoss Member
    PugsOfWar wrote: »
    shade is a ****

I've had similar experience. Shade linked and my entire team was wiped within one round. Next fight, shade could already link again. There's some weird energy going on with shade and barbs. Long story short, take out shade before the barbs.
  • IronsideIronside Member
    Sol barbs is worse kill a barb kill more barbs sol merrily rezzes everyone back to full health with dr start again and again happily dying and killing and rezzjng and dying dying dying all your hero's on one floor a contest is good bows and arrows against undying characters with gun is just well a bloodbath
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Up till today I think the most babarian floors I had was 3, often 2 or even just 1 or 0 and I could get through those, not always easy but they were usually lower level and not always protected by Shade. Frequently they were floors apart so I could regenerate some energy for the group I would use to fight them.

Now floor 7 is a full level 70 barbarian group, level 8 is a group with shade instead of ignus, level 9 is a crazy Agnon floor, level 10 another shade and barbarians group, and level 11 is another shade and barbarian group level 72 while I am still level 70.

In what crazy world is a level increase out in play without any attempt to balance out something like the tower which is such a large part of the game.

This is me all over again. 1-3 floors with Barbs, then bam, 5 on Sunday and 6 today, with Agnon-GT-Sol teams in between. Just brutal.
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited May 30
    Tower is getting to be too much. Balance issues are limiting your roster,& once the select heroes are gone. You are done.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    I'm just gonna take a break and just meet my guild's daily requirements for awhile

The addition of situational complexity and substantial efforts at resource draining aren't fun right now.

Maybe in a few days someone will make an adjustment...maybe not. Maybe the player base will come up with a helpful strategy...maybe not.

• i'm so done with the tower, i've never stopped upgrading heroes. and after 2 years of tower wins i'm now being called back to loserville 2 win/ 2 loss so far....
  • @Joel can you please figure out a fix for limiting some heroes in the tower, maybe have a person create each floor individually? I don't think anyone is sadistic enough to make more than 2 Barb floors. The past 5 towers I haven't beaten. I don't think anyone under level 80 could even beat 3+ floors of Barbs even if the tower's levels didn't scale!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    I don't think anyone under level 80 could even beat 3+ floors of Barbs even if the tower's levels didn't scale!
    Barleyman wrote: »
    tz4oumj878mb.png

4z32xy8tg6l6.png

I'm still level 70.

• Barleyman wrote: »
    I don't think anyone under level 80 could even beat 3+ floors of Barbs even if the tower's levels didn't scale!
    Barleyman wrote: »
    tz4oumj878mb.png

4z32xy8tg6l6.png

I'm still level 70.

We get it, your a pro...
  • tkx59yyv58pd.jpg

Not cool.
  • danacdanac Member
    that's exactly the sort of thing I was worried about.

It took a while for these towers to start showing up, but the last week I've been hearing all sorts of bad things.

• tkx59yyv58pd.jpg

Not cool.

Almost every floor has solaris or drakk.....
  • tkx59yyv58pd.jpg

Not cool.

Almost every floor has solaris or drakk.....

What kind of sadistic madman demon boy would ever build a terror house such as this!!!.... I thought 4 barbs in a tower were bad (initiates gulping)