[Hero Idea] Lucile the Guardian

I've been hanging on to this hero for a while, adjusting him as the meta changes. I have no art but that's where your imagination comes in! If you're like me you have the perfect picture for this hero in your mind.

Lucile
Legendary Light Demon
Possibly a brother to Malice

A male angel with wings of light and an unholy sword from the depths of darkness.

A once powerful guardian of light tired of his place, now seeks to join forces with the boss of darkness and wreak havoc on the land.

"Sometimes your just DONE with things and you need to take a break from everything. My only hope is that Emily doesn't come looking for me."
~Lucile the Guardian

Anger Meter
When Lucile and his allies take damage the meter increases, increasing damage for Lucile and all allies. Using an ability will reset the meter.

Vengeful Spirits
When this hero dies, he will unleash vengeful spirits. Lucile and all allies rise from the dead as spirits to unleash powerful attacks against the enemy team.
*Be careful when killing this hero last! You may lose the battle if the spirits get you!

Trickster: Has a chance to dodge attacks and will shapeshift into the attacker to retaliate with a basic/epic attack on the enemy team.

Guardian
Boosts DEF + SKL for light allies and demons by 25-50%, increasing with anger.

Anger of the Light
Takes extra damage from light attacks but greatly increases anger.

Basic Attack: Blade of Affliction
Targeted enemy attacks a random ally and will target Lucile on their next turn.

1st ability: Face of Horror
Reveals his true disfigured form, haunting the target and paralyzing for 2 turns. When on a team with Nitpick, sets the enemy on fire.

2nd ability: Shapeshift
Changes into target and is able to use any ability for 2 turns with no cooldown. Lucile's runes are used and not the target's runes. When on a team with Tsume, all buffs are purged on the enemy team before the attack.
*same ability can be used twice!

3rd ability: Immortalize
All allies gain Immortal for 2 turns (remove all debuffs, immune to debuffs and takes no damage but cannot heal in this state) and increased ATK, then each use a random ability on the enemy team.
*heroes can use any ability, even those on cooldown!

Strategies:
Shapeshift into a nature hero then use Rocky or Lily to get the added effect of being a nature hero :)

Gain a shroud of darkness, create some minions or even possess a body!

Combine demons and light to make a unique team or make any hero a meta breaker!

Comments

• Trickster: Has a chance to dodge attacks and will shapeshift into the attacker to retaliate with a basic/epic attack on the enemy team.

2nd ability: Shapeshift
    Changes into target and is able to use any ability for 2 turns with no cooldown. Lucile's runes are used and not the target's runes. When on a team with Tsume, all buffs are purged on the enemy team before the attack.
    *same ability can be used twice!

3rd ability: Immortalize
    All allies gain Immortal for 2 turns (remove all debuffs, immune to debuffs and takes no damage but cannot heal in this state) and increased ATK, then each use a random ability on the enemy team.
    *heroes can use any ability, even those on cooldown!

He reminds me a lot of Loki in the Marvel movies.

2nd seems crazy OP with something like Shade's link, Haunted, or Koros burn.

Also OP for the same reasons^ I think it could be balanced if the could use on cooldown abilities once but adds the full cooldown on top of what it already has.
  • draw A pic, I like the Idea.
    With unnatural fear he stirs up a fright, To scared to stay and fight
    The enemy fled, Only to be struck dead
    As his purging pyre lit up the night
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hm, a Light hero (and a Demon at that!) who seeks death and destruction? Interesting concept!
    I wonder, if he’s a brother to Malice, is Emily perhaps related as well?
    I would love a lore patch that made Emily and Malice sisters, sort of mimicking the story of Satan and God. They were related, but had different views on right and wrong, and so one was cast down as a fallen angel.

You could go even further and start changing Light and Dark hero lore to make the Light heroes seem a bit more questionable in their motives and methods, and the Dark heroes, less so. Sort of add some ambiguity!
  • Cowfi5hCowfi5h Member
    Immortalize seems too OP. What's the cooldown on it?
    IGN:xXCowfi5hXx
    Level 49
    Shared hero: Brom
    https://discord.gg/YDF5ycZ
    Dungeon Boss Discord!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Cowfi5h wrote: »
    Immortalize seems too OP. What's the cooldown on it?

Agreed. Invincibility, Remove/prevent debuffs, +Atk (all for 2 turns), then use a random ABILITY? And the only downside is no healing during that time? Such an ability would have to have AT LEAST a 10 turn cooldown, even more.

If you want to keep the cooldown low, I suggest the following:

Immortalize (Single ally target, 8 energy, cannot be used on self)
    Grants: Cleanses debuffs, Invincible for 2 turns, +Atk for 2 turns, +3 energy. (Ally can still be healed)
  • edited May 31
    I hear a new light hero is coming. Malice and Emily were just updated as well. You might be getting what you want hallow xD His abilities might seem too powerful but they would just release a counter hero, or perhaps Emily could make a couple of his abilities not work. I know an immortal angel that can't dir or even be injured unless a certain human is around, then he's completely vulnerable.
    Post edited by PsychedelicFox on
  • Wait isn't lucile a girl name?
  • edited June 16
    nope. or both, idk