Tower Strategies

So it doesn't seem like the devs are going to do anything about the tower anytime soon... so what are some strategies you use if you can still beat the tower regularly. Keep in mind I'm a brand new 70 and can only support around 3 good teams. At early barb times I used beasts and shade/barbs to take out the hardest floor. I also use the worst heroes to bait out Agnon/Lily/Koros. Now I can't do anything against multiple barb teams and am wondering how some of you still do it.

Comments

• You need a deep roster of well runed heroes. Use bait heroes to soak up ohko’s and debilitating AOE’s. Use a b-string team to weaken the team and clean up with your a-string counter.

The tower is a beast now.
  • Using GT, Emily, Agnon, Ferno (in that order) and just trying to save abilities when I can for harder teams.
  • You need a deep roster of well runed heroes. Use bait heroes to soak up ohko’s and debilitating AOE’s. Use a b-string team to weaken the team and clean up with your a-string counter.

That's only gonna work for slow levelers or long term maxed players. :(
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Using GT, Emily, Agnon, Ferno (in that order) and just trying to save abilities when I can for harder teams.

This might work. I need runes and a better epic for Emily though...
  • PharmBossPharmBoss Member
    First of all, I suggest un-runing non-essential heroes that are only used as bait to lower your roster power. Don't level them up either. There is some evidence that tower difficulty is based on RP. As for tower strat, I've never been an auto-run guy. I plan ahead for the entire tower, which is more important now than ever.

Koros is excellent vs barbs. If you can get one or more barbs to zero health before his purge, he can then wipe them out. Surviving barbs will be on fire and may die immediately next round. Try to bring koros on easier floors to let his skills charge. Two purges per tower can be a huge help.

Use your freezes wisely (igor, GT, valkin, icebloom, selwyn). They are extremely helpful against barbs, especially if solaris is there too. I'll bring in koros with the ice team if he already used his purge to act as my drakk killer and let him charge his skills.

Always make sure to bait out abby's and balog's first moves. They're too dangerous.

Ferno is excellent due to his wildfire shutting down barb shields. Best pair him with Agnon for the flier energy boost. Emily is good insurance with them as they can be delicate.

Don't forget oddballs like lily (I think of her as the queen of mayhem). I'll often pair her with drakk for the boosted damage to armor.

A construct team with alex's shock can be fun. I wouldn't risk it with agnon unless your machines are strong.

And of course you can always try your barbs.

Don't forget other clutch heroes: SB, shade (possession can be brutally effective), undead, daeris, ember (attack boost), marrow (for his taunt), ekko (energy), snakes. It's just as important to have strong teams to face non-barb floors so your barb killers are fresh. Torchy, lupina, GG, sol is my general mop up squad.

I'm not sure how helpful this was if you don't have a strong roster core. Just try not to focus on a few heroes as your only go-tos.
  • edited June 2
    Using GT, Emily, Agnon, Ferno (in that order) and just trying to save abilities when I can for harder teams.
    This is the team that keeps sprinting up for me and even my highest runed guys make no dents. NFI what to do against this team.

Having far less trouble with Sol/Barbs :/
  • StinkyStinky Member
    This is the team that keeps sprinting up for me and even my highest runed guys make no dents. NFI what to do against this team.

I use someone to neutralize GT's taunt and then get Agnon to drop Emily off a cliff. Against Agnon in the tower I usually use a Goretusk/Zomm combo so that my Goretusk takes the mega-damage, dies, then gets brought back by Zomm. With the remaining slot, bring someone who can clobber the enemy Agnon. No-one talks about her anymore, but bear in mind that Lady Nim can do pretty scary damage to flying foes, maybe give her a shot?

By the by - where's your av from? It looks cool.
  • my jabber is actually really good against barbs, can only take out 1 tower though before solaris and my other mains die (Not jabber), if jabber didn't need solaris for lifesteal then i would use one of 3 people instead of solaris on my lily,jabber,shikate team- emily, viperia, furnace

Emily is for the case that shikate dies before giving haste buff, or give jabber haste for double chance for epic,

Viperia is for battles that you don't want to depend on jabber rolling epic, in this case you want to use energy runes so when she dies after using snakes on plains you can cast deathbites next turn, or use her with emily and jabber instead of using lily

furnace is if your going full epic, you can try and roll the epic while having that 35% increased damage dealing fire, and thats just devistating if it goes through double epic, or again you can replace lily with furnace for that major damage increase for both vipera and jabber...

I feel vipera is amazing and can't wait to ascend her, i mean snakes on plains is basically a jabber epic that does some serious impact on buff purging, and on an energy based team with ignus you can easily get that 7 energy in 2 turns and well you get the point...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Viperia is for battles that you don't want to depend on jabber rolling epic, in this case you want to use energy runes so when she dies after using snakes on plains you can cast deathbites next turn, or use her with emily and jabber instead of using lily
    Energy runes? I thought those didn't work in the tower...?

I agree with you about Viper being slept on, though. I'm thinking about Lily/Krexx/Viper +1 to get the all-one-colour PvP quest done. My main problem right now is, um, finding enough nature evos to ascend both her and Krexx. I swear everyone important seems to need green evos at some point, whatever colour they are. Feh!
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Energy runes? I thought those didn't work in the tower...?

I agree with you about Viper being slept on, though. I'm thinking about Lily/Krexx/Viper +1 to get the all-one-colour PvP quest done. My main problem right now is, um, finding enough nature evos to ascend both her and Krexx. I swear everyone important seems to need green evos at some point, whatever colour they are. Feh!

don't ascend her yet, after all you might need those evos on the new light hero... and i know, i saw somebody put so many heroes on trash tier when they are op little heroes, i mean come on 3 attacks in an aoe is so op, so is an epic that can have 3 attacks everyone, i also feel its completely fine to rune her to damage because she has the aoe build... also for the fourth i highly sudgest shikate, imo he is extremely important for nature teams whether it be silencing enemies or granting haste, i mean it grants 2 chances for jabber epic, or 2 uses of end of turn expire effects, increases crit of greens by 25% which can be super powerful, and he applies poison (So does lily when he is on the team)
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 2
    It'd have to be Ferno, since the damage reduction on the first turn is important so that I can apply venom to the enemy team. Although it's theoretical now, I only had 10mil gold so I levelled Furnace up and ran an Abi/Koros/Furnace/Sol team to get that wretched quest done. I'll regret using those bushido evos when it turns out the new light hero's the Shive-alike and needs 999999999 bushido evos to ascend.
  • WasiWasi Member
    You need a deep roster of well runed heroes. Use bait heroes to soak up ohko’s and debilitating AOE’s. Use a b-string team to weaken the team and clean up with your a-string counter.

Do bait teams work against barbs? Hard when Abi tends to smash your first in line hero then follow up barb attacks before you can blink. Though, touch wood, I'm still level 70 and haven't lost yet.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Wasi wrote: »
    You need a deep roster of well runed heroes. Use bait heroes to soak up ohko’s and debilitating AOE’s. Use a b-string team to weaken the team and clean up with your a-string counter.

Do bait teams work against barbs? Hard when Abi tends to smash your first in line hero then follow up barb attacks before you can blink. Though, touch wood, I'm still level 70 and haven't lost yet.
    I haven't seen it myself, but some people report a bug where barbs just get their energy back, baiting be damned. Imagine sending your worst guys in to attack for no gain. Tower Guy lied, Selwyn died.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    My strategy for an unreasonable tower is to finish one floor for the daily is to finish one floor for the daily quest and then say f it. I have over 400,00” tower trophies with nothing except stamina to use it on. 275 gems from the tower only costs 55 cents. It is not worth the torture. Mobile games are supposed to be fun.
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member

Nope! Bait teams do NOT work vs barbarians. NEITHER they do vs Agnon, Selwyn, Goretusk, Emily, etc because their passives (shields, taunt, gargoyle/ice block form) trigger again each time a new team enters the room. Again, and again, and again!

You smacked barbarians near death? But they wiped your team hiding under their shields? Now you think "No problem! I will just send in a team to clean up!"...? You fool! They might be near death but their shields will trigger again! HAHA! And they have healer runes, vampiric runes and regeneration runes. Before you can say "OH F..." they gained health back and slaughtered your team. Just send in the next team, and their shields will trigger again!

And it's even getting better when Shade is around (happens really rarely). His Shrouded buff is active every time you enter. It protects Balog. Sounds fun, heh?

Now you have send in your 3rd or 4th or 5th team and you might have managed to kill a barbarian... guess, what happens? When Shade is still alive he will possess them! Funny, huh? It's even more fun when your team got wiped again, you send in another team, and discover that the dead body is not gone. It just waits to be possessed again! HAHAHA!

Same game, different opponents: Goretusk, Agnon, Emily, whoever. You send in 2 fast baits to remove Goretusk taunt to be able to dispose Emily? You fool! If your next team enters the room everything looks the same as before: Goretusk taunts (Momentum=0=75% DR for the rest of the opponent's team), Agnon is a statue. If he awakes he will one-shot one of your heroes or wipe the whole team with Terrorstorm or his 3rd special attack. And Emily is shielded, she will remove your buffs, resurrect and heal. Good luck with that! HAHA!

/sarcasm
  • Wow @Schnuppe! That was a perfect depiction of the Tower of Frustration.

I don’t think you needed the sarcasm tag. Maybe /rant?
  • PooombahPooombah Member
    Load up kozar Alex nubs with all health, Def runes, mostly health and laugh as they cause 2-3 barb floors to kill themselves
  • Stinky wrote: »

I use someone to neutralize GT's taunt and then get Agnon to drop Emily off a cliff. Against Agnon in the tower I usually use a Goretusk/Zomm combo so that my Goretusk takes the mega-damage, dies, then gets brought back by Zomm. With the remaining slot, bring someone who can clobber the enemy Agnon. No-one talks about her anymore, but bear in mind that Lady Nim can do pretty scary damage to flying foes, maybe give her a shot?

By the by - where's your av from? It looks cool.

I think a Willow buff would be great because she has 2x to flying and can cancel Graniteform. (My ava is just google searching predator. :P)
    Schnuppe wrote: »

Nope! Bait teams do NOT work vs barbarians. NEITHER they do vs Agnon, Selwyn, Goretusk, Emily, etc because their passives (shields, taunt, gargoyle/ice

Also I make sure to always bait Agnon for his one shot.