Fairly simple fix to make the tower less awful/RNG based

I sent a screenshot to my guild this week of levels 9, 10, and 11 being Shade/barbs. Needless to say I did not win that tower (I actually just gave up at 9 because they wiped my only team that can fight shade barbs due to earlier chip damage), and my guildies are struggling with similar issues.

Today I won my tower because there was only 1 barb lineup, and it did not contain shade. I actually won the tower with only deaths to Agnons.

PVP these days is *ridiculously* polarized with some teams being orders of magnitude stronger than others, and the tower these days is more or less "how many barbs do I have today?". There's a pretty basic fix to this too:

Don't allow repeat teams in the tower. In any given day, you can only have a single shade/barb team, only a single full barb, and only a single GT barb (and onlt a single GT lilly, tho that isn't the problem it used to be), etc.

This way you never run in to towers that, because of bad luck, literally nobody can complete it.

Comments

• yeah,i only have two teams that I can run tower with,one is runed,so I only make it to floor 5-6 each time or maybe floor 4 if its solaris or barb team.
  • echonapechonap Member
    ICEninja wrote: »
    literally nobody can complete it.

I like your suggestion, but that statement is completely false.

• ICEninjaICEninja Member
    If someone gets 5 shade balog teams in a row I'd like to see them do it with a fully runed level 80 maxed out roster. I suspect it isn't possible.
  • Although there are some people who can do it, it's not reasonable and many people who are new 70s or haven't hit that yet only have 1-3 good teams. The only people who can still beat the tower are the long-term 70+ and the low levels before barbs are common.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Although there are some people who can do it, it's not reasonable and many people who are new 70s or haven't hit that yet only have 1-3 good teams. The only people who can still beat the tower are the long-term 70+ and the low levels before barbs are common.

There's definitely some invisible threshold that makes the tower difficult. I think including teams' runes might not have been the wisest of ideas; it would probably have been better to make the tower teams more difficult per level. So team 1, whatever it might be, would start off equal level but with -40% stats (or whatever number floats your boat), the penalty getting lower and lower until it turns into a bonus to enemy teams, and then if you beat floor 11's team who has +X% stats, you get to cool off by smacking the heck out of Lord C.

It's not as if enemy runes are interesting for the most part. You can't even see which runes the tower teams have unless they have a visual effect, like freezing skin or +heal, and even then not until it's too late.
  • echonapechonap Member
    ICEninja wrote: »
    If someone gets 5 shade balog teams in a row I'd like to see them do it with a fully runed level 80 maxed out roster. I suspect it isn't possible.

I did it yesterday and didn't even lose a single hero. I'm level 71.