PVP Grand Tourney - Let's Mix Things Up!

2»

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Our thinking is that the dehydrated (anti-single attack) passive is particularly harsh against Barbarians who specialize in single target attacks. Yes, some of the Barbarians get benefits from other buffs, but the buffs also hit some of their best counters.

I’m several hours of pvp in and I’m just not seeing it, @Joel. I’m attacking successfully using the same team as usual against barb defense after barb defense. My own defense is getting attacked by the same teams as usual. The event buffs/debuffs might as well not exist. Nothing is shaken up. It’s just gonna be several days of grinding with and against the same teams we’ve all been facing for weeks now.

I'm seeing it.
    Astrid, Shade and Agnon's massive damage single attacks are hitting like wet noodles.

As for standard teams, I'm hardly seeing any barbie teams. Instead I'm seeing Emily Ferno teams, which seem designed to destroy barbies.

Didn’t realize Astrid was a massive damage dealer normally? Agnon still one hit kills GTs and Emilys most of the time, which is all you need from him.

The Emily Ferno teams are indeed the counter to barbs. But they have been for a while now. They aren’t up or down any noticeable amount and seem unaffected by the event buffs.

Abi.

I meant Abi.
    I get names confused.
    It's weird how different my game is.
    I'd been getting lots of barbies, but yesterday is the first time I saw Emily Ferno teams.

• Hey Devs I don't know if it is a glich or not but Kai Makani's Surfs Up ability does not drench
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I suppose this takes some of the burden of of the server.

I hate when my servers have burdens. It must be hard for them, serving all the time.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    This game is trash. How far you've fallen.
  • niclow92niclow92 Member
    1. I hope the sub-level 65 do not get the elite rune and elite materials
    2. Is it possible to have different leaderboards for each rune tier (ie. Elite-superior, superior-greater, greater-improved)? This can also be applied to boss100. I dont see why players of different levels should mix in a single board.
  • MaxBeamerMaxBeamer Member
    @niclow92 there are no elite runes or materials as rewards for the player leaderboard. It’s superior runes only. Players level 65 and above already have an exclusive leaderboard(Boss 100). If you don’t want to see players under level 65 on the leaderboard then just do better than them. It is not their fault that you are not good enough to outscore them.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Wasi wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    This game is trash. How far you've fallen.

BitterCat69 :)
    Catnip hangovers are brutal, dude. :(
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »
    @niclow92 there are no elite runes or materials as rewards for the player leaderboard. It’s superior runes only. Players level 65 and above already have an exclusive leaderboard(Boss 100). If you don’t want to see players under level 65 on the leaderboard then just do better than them. It is not their fault that you are not good enough to outscore them.

@MaxBeamer

1-It isn’t about “not good enough to outscore them.” It’s about the competition being uneven. Someone under level 65 who has spent a little bit of cash or who is in a top guild has acquired rewards that are unavailable to virtually all pvp competition they will face, making them nearly unbeatable. Those same rewards on a level 70 account are equaled by tons of other level 70s, so do not provide anywhere near the advantage. At top levels, you have to plan strategy and make correct decisions instead of auto win steamrolling everyone. The end result of that is matches take much longer at high level, and time ends up being the limiting factor in determining who wins. I think the point being made was that it seems silly to reward the lower levs who really didn’t have to put in the same time or effort to get to the top of the leaderboard. As a top 50-100 type player instead of top 10, this really doesn’t affect me as much, but I can see why others would be mad about it.

2-I don’t know why you think there are no elite rewards for the individual player leaderboard. There absolutely are.

2r177kp2pwm6.png
    Thanks Skip.

I think you’re not high levelled yet hence can’t see the rewards the high level players get.

To add on, if we’re competing for different rewards (due to different levels) then we should have different leaderboards. A low level player competing for a greater rune is in a different league and has different competition compared to a player competing for an elite rune and tomes.

Now this makes me wonder if this should apply to non-pvp individual-player-type events too.
  • What I want to know is when PvP stops giving out improved runes...does it change to greater at lvl 60?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Yeah, it's somewhere around the 60-65 mark. It might be that greaters become visible at 60, replacing improved runes, and superiors are available to buy at 65? They're 30k and 60k honor respectively in the PvP shop.
    Hope these will be discussed in the summit

Some feedback:
    - Buffs/debuffs did not change meta but prolonged matches and were possibly botched in implementation (eg. Agnon unable to ohko heroes)

- Guild rewards could be bought in shop and the guild rune is boring (damage reduction?) compared to the shop rune

- People over level 70 getting hit 100s of times - why hold this event after level cap increase? A workaround could be to increase the level range that top players can attack while scaling down their power.
  • FlyteFlyte Member
    niclow92 wrote: »
    Hope these will be discussed in the summit

Some feedback:
    - Buffs/debuffs did not change meta but prolonged matches and were possibly botched in implementation (eg. Agnon unable to ohko heroes)

- Guild rewards could be bought in shop and the guild rune is boring (damage reduction?) compared to the shop rune

- People over level 70 getting hit 100s of times - why hold this event after level cap increase? A workaround could be to increase the level range that top players can attack while scaling down their power.

Oh... and the event didn't seem to end one hour BEFORE reset, like it was supposed to...
  • HazZard1986HazZard1986 Member
    edited June 4
    People complaint about the former quicklooot event but this event was even worse. The matchmaking was a disaster, especially for lvl 80 peeps. The damage formula was incorrect. I mean you can't implement buffs and debuffs when you can't handle them correctly. Sometimes they hit like normal and the next raid they do like zero damage.

Btw decreasing basic attacks was the stupidest thing you could do, nobody wants super long raids especially not during a guild tourney.
  • Worst and most frustrating PvP tourney ever.
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    Congrats on making the worst event ever.
  • Btw any news about the messed up pvp season rewards? Will they change the red rune? It's hilarious to add the same rune twice in a row
  • Btw any news about the messed up pvp season rewards? Will they change the red rune? It's hilarious to add the same rune twice in a row

Doubt it. I don't think the devs have done anything about PvP seasons for several months now.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I guess I'm the only person who liked having some reduced damage? Going back to regular PvP and having a defending barb team hit like nukes (despite both GT and Ferno on my team) is very "bleh". I didn't like heroes such as Agnon getting caught in the crossfire, sure, but the amount of damage barbs can put out even without rage seems daft.

Mind you, I'm talking from the perspective of someone who's underruned. Maybe it's all good at the top.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only person who liked having some reduced damage? Going back to regular PvP and having a defending barb team hit like nukes (despite both GT and Ferno on my team) is very "bleh". I didn't like heroes such as Agnon getting caught in the crossfire, sure, but the amount of damage barbs can put out even without rage seems daft.

Mind you, I'm talking from the perspective of someone who's underruned. Maybe it's all good at the top.

Only single target, non-basic attacks were lowered for the event. So, the only barb attack that was reduced would have been Abigail’s first ability. Balogs 2 attack’s are not single target. Abigail’s other 2 attacks are not single target. The follow up attacks to abby’s ability are basic attacks, so were unaffected by the event. The follow up attacks to drakks’s first ability are basic attacks, so were unaffected by the event. Drakk’s 2nd ability is not single target.

If you’re getting nukes by barb teams now, those same teams would have been nuking you during the event...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Well, I stand corrected, then. I thought basic attacks were included, for example. I guess I'm having an unlucky run is all. Carry on.
  • morillimorilli Member
    All of Abigail's attacks are ST. Furious Charge attacks one person and buffs the team's attack. Dogs of War Melee attack on a random enemy twice. Rage cage; melee attack on target plus random target. None of these are AOE. Balog's 2nd attack, Rage Heart, is a taunt. A buff or a nerf would not have affected it. His 3rd attack Bull Rush is also ST + 1 random enemy based on rage. Again not AOE. Your last statement is not necessarily true.

I agree with @Stinky on this. Barb teams are capable of putting out an overwhelming amount of damage quickly. I faced an all barb team where I had gotten Balog and Drakk both down to zero only to have unbridled rage kick in on both and not let them die. And promptly on their turn they proceeded to mop the floor with my team. I think Drakk unleashed like 5 or 6 hits on one my characters. Each hit was about 1.5k maybe more. Nothing to be too upset about if it was just one hit but 5 or 6 in a row on a single character?

Just to clarify something I hate PVP with a passion. Always have. I am not interested in getting to the top at all. So please don't use my rank as an excuse to dismiss what I am saying out of hand.
  • morilli wrote: »
    All of Abigail's attacks are ST. Furious Charge attacks one person and buffs the team's attack. Dogs of War Melee attack on a random enemy twice. Rage cage; melee attack on target plus random target. None of these are AOE. Balog's 2nd attack, Rage Heart, is a taunt. A buff or a nerf would not have affected it. His 3rd attack Bull Rush is also ST + 1 random enemy based on rage. Again not AOE. Your last statement is not necessarily true.

@morilli I could definitely be wrong here and they switched it up somehow for event, but in the past, they have counted any attack that hits more than one target (even if not at the same time) as an aoe attack for purposes of imposing “drenched” status. If an attack has one target and then hits others (rage cage, bull rush), I believe that was counted as aoe and not subject to lowered damage from event.
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited June 6
    @Skip_Holmes Odd way of doing things. Wasn't aware of that. To me those are ST. Attacks from NitPick, Selwyn, IcePick and LillyBlossom are definitely AOE because it hits all team members at once. Based on what you said, I will defer to you since you have been active longer, then your statement could be true.

@Joel Could we get a definitive answer here on what qualifies as AOE vs ST? And could we get spell descriptions updated to state whether AOE or ST? It may be obvious to the veterans of the game but new comers will not know. Information is power.
2»