Rework Idea - Yokozuna

RaymondFRaymondF Member
edited June 7 in Feedback & Suggestions
Before reading this, if you don't know about what the Oriental trait is, it's basically a new hero 'race' I've made for my reworks, which includes:
  • Sifu Jianzhi
  • Yokozuna
  • Samurai Takumi
  • Shadowblade
  • Masuta Kira
  • Aria
  • Zen
  • Hansuke Undying

For more details go to my previous rework idea for Sifu Jianzhi, Aria, Zen and Hansuke Undying.

Yokozuna v2
Element: Water
Oriental Tank Warrior
New Stats:
+HP
+DEF
+SKL

Traits:
Imposing Bulk - Yokozuna has 30% Damage Reduction against physical attacks. Every physical attack which hits Yokozuna grants him +1 Chi.
Twinkle Toes - Yokozuna gains 20% (+1% per stack of Chi) chance to Dodge any attack if he lands a CRIT. While Twinkle Toes is active, Yokozuna gains +1 Chi per turn.
Dragon’s Guard - Grants +15% HP, DEF and 10% Damage Reduction to all Oriental allies.
Chi Practitioner - Stores Chi through unique methods and releases it to amplify attacks. Starts Dungeons with 3 Chi and has a maximum of 10 Chi.

(1st Ascension)
Fair Play I - Yokozuna deal +100% (+10% per stack of Chi) damage vs. Rogues. Oriental allies deal +50% (+5% per stack of Chi) damage vs. Rogues.

(2nd Ascension)
Fair Play II - Yokozuna does +150% (+15% per stack of Chi) damage vs. Rogues. Oriental allies deal +75% (+7.5% per stack of Chi) damage vs. Rogues.
Earth Flow - Yokozuna stores 75% of melee damage taken by enemies. He releases this stored damage every basic attack he does, adding bonus damage equal to 50% (+2.5% per stack of Chi) of the stored melee damage.
e.g:
1) Drakk does 1000 damage to Yokozuna with a melee attack, adding 750 to Earth Flow being stored.
2) If Yokozuna has 0 Chi, he takes 50% of the 750 damage stored (375) and adds that amount of damage to his next basic attack.
3) Yokozuna has used up 375 of his Earth Flow and thus has 375 left to use in further attacks.

Abilities:
Belly Flop - Basic attack with a 15% (+1.5% per stack of Chi) chance to inflict -(25% + 0.5%/lvl)% DEF (at lvl 80).

Sumo Stomp - Yokozuna stomps the ground and deals [15% ATK] base damage to all enemies, knocking the main target Off-Balance while Dazing all other enemies. Grants +1 Chi to Yokozuna and all Oriental allies.

Chi: Sumo Stomp uses up to 4 Chi. Every stack of Chi used up increases CRIT chance by +2.5%. At 3 Stacks or more, an additional -35% ATK debuff is inflicted on all enemies.
Cooldown: 4

(1st Ascension)
Mammoth I (replaces Taunt) - Yokozuna taunts all enemies, gains +40% Damage Reduction, +(10% + 0.5%/lvl)% DEF and becoming Freeze, Frostbite, Cryosleep and Chill Immune. Oriental allies gain +20% Damage Reduction and gain the same immunities. Non-Oriental allies only gain the immunities.

Additionally, while Mammoth is active, doubles the amount of Chi that Imposing Bulk would generate.

Chi: Each stack of Chi increases Damage Reduction by +2% for Yokozuna and +1% for Oriental allies.
Cooldown: 5

(2nd Ascension)
Mammoth II - Yokozuna taunts all enemies, gains +50% Damage Reduction, +(12.5% + 0.5%/lvl)% DEF and becomes Freeze, Frostbite, Cryosleep and Chill Immune. Oriental allies gain +25% Damage Reduction and gain the same immunities. Non-Oriental allies only gain the immunities.

Additionally, while Mammoth is active, doubles the amount of Chi that Imposing Bulk would generate.

Chi: Each stack of Chi increases Damage Reduction by +2.5% for Yokozuna and +1.5% for Oriental allies.

Meditate - Yokozuna Heals himself for [250% + 0.35%/lvl SKL] + [20% Missing HP] Health, grants himself +25% DEF and generates +3 Chi. If Zen is on the same team, Zen casts Group Meditation for free. (In a manner similar to Balog's Cry Havoc and Abigail's Dogs of War)

Chi: Meditate uses up all existing stacks of Chi. Every stack of Chi used increases HP healed by +(1.5% Missing HP) and increases the +DEF buff by +(2.5% DEF).
Cooldown: 4

Comments: Yokozuna is a hero like Sir William - useful in early levels, but pretty much useless in higher levels due to just how simple his kit is. His reworked abilities are more simpler than my rework ideas for Sir William and Sifu Jianzhi, but they basically ramp up his defensive capabilities, especially while in a team consisting of other Oriental heroes.

Passives:
  • Imposing Bulk is Yokozuna's main method of generating Chi, and is essentially an empowered Armored. His training and thick skin must have at least helped him take a few attacks, right?
  • Twinkle Toes is quite powerful in lower levels, so I decided to buff it a little for higher level play. Now it also generates Chi, and the Dodge chance is increased for every stack of Chi Yokozuna gains.
  • Dragon's Guard helps Oriental allies to be slightly tankier, as Yokozuna prefers to be a tank who support his allies. Combining this with his Mammoth II ability at maximum Chi can grant 85% Damage Reduction to Yokozuna and 50% Damage Reduction to his allies. Imposing Bulk's Damage Reduction further lowers the damage Yokozuna would take, effectively making him one of the best physical walls in the game.
  • Fair Play is Rogue Hunter, but modified for the Oriental heroes.
  • Earth Flow allows Yokozuna to take in any damage he takes from melee attacks and allows him to release it as more damage. Basically a bit of a counter against Barbarians, who mostly use physical damage, so stacking attack and damage penetration against him might not be the best idea, as if Yokozuna manages to last long enough to gain huge amounts of damage stored by Earth Flow, he can possibly outdamage glass cannons. However, this passive is limited to only melee attacks, and Yokozuna's large amounts of natural Damage Reduction might possibly interfere with the ability, to prevent it from being completely broken.

Abilities:
  • Belly Flop has been slightly buffed to have a chance of lowering DEF. I mean, it's a sumo wrestler dive-bombing you. Won't that kind of crush you a little?
  • Sumo Stomp knocks the main target Off-Balance for a bit of synergy with Aria. It also gains +CRIT chance and a -DEF debuff if enough stacks of Chi are used up, so Yokozuna can activate Twinkle Toes a bit easier.
  • Mammoth allows Yokozuna to become invincible to basically anything related to Water heroes. Since this is a regular Taunt, random attackers can still run rampant, but Mammoth also grants a few immunities and Damage Reduction to Yokozuna's allies, making it a bit more team-oriented than the old, obsolete shared ability "Taunt".
  • Meditate Heals a lot more than other Healing abilities, but it only works for Yokozuna, and Disease basically ruins it completely. So I've decided to buff the Healing even more, making it scale based on missing health and also making it +DEF. It also grants Yokozuna great synergy with Zen, as immediately after casting Meditate, Zen can cast Group Meditation and make Oriental allies immune to even more debuffs.
Member of Hooligan Resort. Victim of timezone troubles.

Level: 41
Fav. Heroes: Hansuke, Masuta Kira

Comments

• NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Nothing to do with the actual rework, but I think the use of the word "Oriental" is a bad choice because it could be considered offensive, especially because some of the heroes are more Japanese than Chinese.
  • More of a barbarian than oriental but cool idea. Yoko definitely needs a huge update.