Tanking Time (Event & Updates Now Live!)

2»

Comments

  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I'm wondering what happens if you put the tank rune on Agnon.

    try Marrow and Agnon to see if you can apply taunt to his stone form.
    If yes, the rune should work too.


  • Thanks for your help - am using goretusk, emily (with 1 festive), ferno and agnon in pvp. I can't say I'm mowing teams down, but now I have a fighting chance at pvp and the event.
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    edited June 16
    danac wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I'm wondering what happens if you put the tank rune on Agnon.

    try Marrow and Agnon to see if you can apply taunt to his stone form.
    If yes, the rune should work too.


    Haven't tested, but I'm pretty sure Agnon can't have buffs when in Granitefrom. He can't be Shrouded in Graniteform, and I know from experience that using Hardened Assault while Hasten removes the haste and doesn't give him another turn.

    EDIT: Tested Marrow + Agnon. Unless Agnon is the very first (including enemies) character to go, he does not taunt. I expect the same with the Tank Rune. @Joel can you clarify if this is intended?
  • danacdanac Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »

    EDIT: Tested Marrow + Agnon. Unless Agnon is the very first (including enemies) character to go, he does not taunt. I expect the same with the Tank Rune. @Joel can you clarify if this is intended?


    I'm not positive, but I thought maybe Selwyn's ice form can be marrow-taunted.

    So that would have maybe it possible to Agnon too.

    But I could be misremembering something about Selwyn.

  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    Barleyman wrote: »
    I'm wondering what happens if you put the tank rune on Agnon.

    try Marrow and Agnon to see if you can apply taunt to his stone form.
    If yes, the rune should work too.


    Haven't tested, but I'm pretty sure Agnon can't have buffs when in Granitefrom. He can't be Shrouded in Graniteform, and I know from experience that using Hardened Assault while Hasten removes the haste and doesn't give him another turn.

    EDIT: Tested Marrow + Agnon. Unless Agnon is the very first (including enemies) character to go, he does not taunt. I expect the same with the Tank Rune. @Joel can you clarify if this is intended?

    Agreed, Agnon indeed can't have taunt in Graniteform. He can start with taunt, but immediately loses it when he stones. If he moves first he keeps it, but that rather spoils the point of using Agnon.

    Selwyn on the other hand CAN keep taunt while in ice block. Evil Laughter
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    Yeah, Ice Block and Graniteform are not the same... for no reason?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Thanks for your help - am using goretusk, emily (with 1 festive), ferno and agnon in pvp. I can't say I'm mowing teams down, but now I have a fighting chance at pvp and the event.
    One thing I forgot to mention - if you have a freezing skin rune lying around, it's can be worth putting on Goretusk. Good luck out there. I still get the odd barb team that will completely nuke me even with GT and Ferno on my team, so if that happens to you too, well, know that you're not alone. :)
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Selwyn on the other hand CAN keep taunt while in ice block. Evil Laughter
    That's actually pretty awesome. My guild happened to go for Team Fire during the Nim/Sel event, so I didn't check out Selwyn after his upgrade and I don't have the resources to go ahead and boost him now - I don't suppose Ice Block protects against debuffs...?
  • Yes, Ice Block protects against debuffs.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I really hope Selwyn + Tank Rune is not the new meta...
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I really hope Selwyn + Tank Rune is not the new meta...
    It is, and MK might make a long awaited comeback
  • StinkyStinky Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I really hope Selwyn + Tank Rune is not the new meta...
    If anyone deserves it, it's Selwyn. He and Balog were jokes for a long time, it's great that they get to have the last laugh.
  • BlothBloth Member
    edited June 16
    “Swamp of Shadows” location please. Thank you
  • Bloth wrote: »
    “Swamp of Shadows” location please. Thank you
    @Bloth Beat Primeval Isle with 2 Tank heroes to complete the quest.
  • Ok, how does that make sense because it actually worked. Now that is a screwed up quest lol
  • BlothBloth Member
    Thank you @MonkeyHunter
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Ok, how does that make sense because it actually worked. Now that is a screwed up quest lol
    They copy and pasted the code from the caster event, but although they changed the mechanics to suit the current event, they forgot to change the text we see. Copy Pasta is a treacherous friend...
  • As often as they forget to remember to do things you’d think they’d remember not to forget to do things.
  • danacdanac Member
    Ok, how does that make sense because it actually worked. Now that is a screwed up quest lol

    I ran the dungeon with two caster heroes before I saw the quest.
    When I saw the quest, and no dungeons with that name, I thought: either a second dungeon didn't load, or they wrote the name wrong.
    But I knew two casters wouldn't work, so I looked at the title of the quest, and guessed tanks.
    Turns out assuming they completely screwed up the description and guessing what they really meant worked.


  • JuiceJuice Member
    Event was fun and the rune is great, but there should have been a greater rune for lower levels...
  • WasiWasi Member
    danac wrote: »
    Ok, how does that make sense because it actually worked. Now that is a screwed up quest lol

    I ran the dungeon with two caster heroes before I saw the quest.
    When I saw the quest, and no dungeons with that name, I thought: either a second dungeon didn't load, or they wrote the name wrong.
    But I knew two casters wouldn't work, so I looked at the title of the quest, and guessed tanks.
    Turns out assuming they completely screwed up the description and guessing what they really meant worked.


    It's the new DB Treasure Hunt quest line
    ---
    The Potato Army
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com