Patch Notes: June 20th, 2018 (Honorbound Hero Reworks!)

2»

Comments

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited June 21
    Barleyman wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    Maybe they'll make Aria an honorbound hero after the dust settles from this recent shake-up, especially when you consider Danac's point about the assassins. Along with Zen, perhaps. You can't deny that Yoko and Takumi really needed the love.

Aria is not Japanese (at least Aria is not a Japanese name), as the other Honorbound heroes are. Zen is most likely Chinese, not Japanese.

I see the introduction of a new light hero plus rework of several other light heroes as a boost in usefulness for Aria and Zen, nonetheless.
    That's a fair point, what with the passive being called "Bushido" and everything, but they can change "honorbound" to basically mean "generally Asian-inspired" by renaming the passive. In all honesty I just want Zen to get that tasty 50% damage reduction on AoE attacks.
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited June 21
    Cbaos storm hits everything at once. aoe

As does Nitpicks Meteor Storm, Icepick Hailstorm, and Marrow's Light Nova. I am sure the community can find other examples if they decided to.
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 21
    @PsychedelicFox @morilli
    Not really. These attacks are serial. Try using them against teams with Leo, Ponti, or Kobal and you find that there is an sequential order to these attacks.

That’s why it can be so important to target the correct hero with an AOE attack.
  • Fville8Fville8 Member
    It appears cry havoc no longer silences Solaris. It doesn't miss, as the patch notes say, but she is immune to spirit, so it doesn't apply damage either.

Is this change intentional?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Fville8 wrote: »
    It appears cry havoc no longer silences Solaris. It doesn't miss, as the patch notes say, but she is immune to spirit, so it doesn't apply damage either.

Is this change intentional?

This is intended. A hero is effectively not "hit" by an attack they are immune to, and Cry Havoc is classified as a Spirit attack.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • davinchidavinchi Member

[*] Balog's Cry Havoc no longer silences enemies that it misses.

Similarly, the above should also apply to shade's link. It shouldn't hit 100% of the time, and would demonstrate consistency amongst hero abilities.
    the amount of Shades in this game...is just TOO DANG HIGH!
  • AoE has been debated before in this forum, but like @MonkeyHunter said, this game does not have true AoE attacks.

True AoE attacks would be an area where if you are within the boundaries of that area, you are dealt damage (think Warcraft 3 archmage's blizzard or the blood elf hero that does that sunstrike).
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    davinchi wrote: »
    [*] Balog's Cry Havoc no longer silences enemies that it misses.

Similarly, the above should also apply to shade's link. It shouldn't hit 100% of the time, and would demonstrate consistency amongst hero abilities.

An ability not putting a debuff on an enemy when it misses is different from an ability that never misses. Still, I can look into clarifying the description for Spirit Link.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Wait spirit link isn't supposed to link 100% of the time? aw hell no. that would be the nerf that exorcises that spirit
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Nonetheless, it'd be nice if it got nerfed in some way...
  • As with everyone else, I am loving the hero reworks and attempted meta changes. But Augustous, Aria and Emily should still find a family. (Remember; Rogue is still a class, like Tank, Warrior ect. This isn't well shouldn't be an excuse for a family) I reccomend that Aria becomes both an assassin and honourbound (since she is an expensive endgame legendary) and be buffed excessively. Emily needs no further buffs, but i would suggest making her honourbound (with bushido) and only taking away Demon's bane.
    This would make us happy.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • davinchidavinchi Member
    Joel wrote: »
    IF an attack hits multiple enemies, it counts as an AOE.

-So drenched should apply to any rampage style attack right? I remember it reducing torchy's epic attack , but not bovis, grog, etc.
    should apply to Drakk's rage swing (doubt it does)

-Backsplashed should reflect dogs of war, poison rampage, bull rush, vampiric shurikens, etc. (doubt it does)
    also what about single target attacks with splash component like malevolent strike, or divine justice?

Further clarification and consistency is needed please.
    Thanks!
    the amount of Shades in this game...is just TOO DANG HIGH!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rogues can still be a family. Nimrel, Viperia and Aria don’t really feel like assassins to me.

Just give Rogues their own family trait or something.
  • GingeNinjaGingeNinja Member
    edited June 26
    Rogues can still be a family. Nimrel, Viperia and Aria don’t really feel like assassins to me.

Just give Rogues their own family trait or something.
    Just because Nimrel, Viper ect. aren't assassins, do not mean rogues are a family. Rogue is a class, in which all characters of the same class share traits. Tanks usually have high health, defence, and taunt abilities. Casters are 'squishy' damage dealers with added damage against tanks, rogues are low health, high physical damage, and warriors are more basic, standard damage dealers. Classes are not families, and should never become them. They help classify and group heros, but should not be a hasty cover-up for lack of families.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
2»