Players leaving at a all-time high and major guilds folding or are forced to merge.

2»

Comments

• I’m not saying get rid of guilds. You would still have a “family” of 49 other players. I just don’t see the need to have multiple guilds in a “family”. It really only benefits the 1-3 guilds at the top.
  • When was the last time anyone here started up an account and played grabbing all the experience that is thrown at you? And did not spend money to advance your roster?

I just inherited a level 41 account to test and play around with. It has no meta heroes in it. (I just lucked out and grabbed shade from the portal with a single pull when he was featured. but he is not ascended). Most heroes are not even ascended once. Most have 1-2 stars with only a few having 3. With this account I can not complete the tower to get gems (usually I can't beat the first floor with this account), I can not win in PVP to advance to get awards to help buy stuff I need (I can find maybe 1 in 8 match ups I can win, hardly a way to move forward), If i try to farm tokens or do daily quests I will just level faster and get even further behind the power curve. This account is stuck. There is no way to get gems without buying them, there is no good way to get evos I need (farming is useless and I have better ways to spend time), I need to buy them with honor but can't get that without winning at pvp. I can not get improved runes without leveling up fast - challenge mode has some good experience attached to it.

If I had to guess, most new players find themselves in this boat and realize there is no good path forward without spending huge amounts of money. even spending 30 bucks won't help this account. They move on and quit. This erodes the player base. I suspect that the player base is much smaller than people think. And getting smaller and smaller every day.

This game has almost no balance, with every hero release totally over powered. Power creep started with the release of runes and has never looked back.
    Single player is a joke and has not been challenging since pre - runes, every event is how much stamina you can spend quick looting, that will not sustain a game,
    Drak and his barbs pretty much broke the game and instead of dialing things back, they just keep releasing more over power stuff for people to buy, It seems only short term decision making for money and not the games longevity is what is driving this train. As long as that is the case, only whales will stick around and everyone else will move on. It is what it is folks, accept the fact that DB is doing what they can to extract money from the whales, at the expense of the game. Once this is accepted you will find yourselves much happier.

Just my thoughts on the state of the game.

litespeed
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    I’m not saying get rid of guilds. You would still have a “family” of 49 other players. I just don’t see the need to have multiple guilds in a “family”. It really only benefits the 1-3 guilds at the top.

Are you saying there should be only 50 potatoes. My god, there would be a famine!
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    @MaxBeamer we did start with only one guild, just like many other families have. What happened is we attracted more players so instead of making a wait list we made another guild, then another, then another.
    Also the benefit is now you have a larger team working towards the common goal of having fun and sharing information and knowledge. I can't speak for other families but in the Potato family of guilds we let every guild operate independently, we have no "feeder" system. The GM of the respective guild operates that guild as they see fit and caters to the commitment level of their guild. When a player want's a higher commitment they can ask to move to a more competitive tier. When this happens we all work together to help the guild that "promoted" get a replacement. When I first started as GM of Society I would have to stay up all night on reset recruiting.
    Now we have a team of recruiters that help fill the guilds. This is another major benefit of a large guild family. Recruiting is a full time job and is extremely hard as a isolated guild. Anyone that has ever tried to recruit will back this statement 100%.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    edited June 22
    Also @coneyK read the summit logs. I frequently ask the "hard" questions and don't pull punches. Unfortunately this may have labeled me as a revel-rouser or someone that is always looking to criticize.
    This isn't the case, I love this game and just want it to improve and retain more players. We need more incentive to play. Look at the fact that players have a advantage with a LOWER RP. This is absolutely counterproductive to having players work on their roster and play more. They gain advantage by playing LESS and having a incomplete roster. This needs to change, players need more incentive to star and level all their heros. Right now low playing time is encouraged, this is not a ideal business model.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • denabugdenabug Member
    Oracle9 wrote: »
    Also @coneyK read the summit logs. I frequently ask the "hard" questions and don't pull punches. Unfortunately this may have labeled me as a revel-rouser or someone that is always looking to criticize.
    This isn't the case, I love this game and just want it to improve and retain more players. We need more incentive to play. Look at the fact that players have a advantage with a LOWER RP. This is absolutely counterproductive to having players work on their roster and play more. They gain advantage by playing LESS and having a incomplete roster. This needs to change, players need more incentive to star and level all their heros. Right now low playing time is encouraged, this is not a ideal business model.

Thank you for bringing up the RP problem, I agree 100%.

Devs-here's how gamers think & play games where u need to gather loot (runes),
    1) grind away or spend $
    2) level up & get better & better loot(runes)
    3) kick **** & feel happy or a feeling of accomplishment if you grinded away
    4) devs add content
    5) repeat steps 1-4

Current DB model
    1) grind away or spend $
    2) level up & get better & better loot(runes)
    3) get your **** kicked because your RP is too high & get frustrated/angry
    4) devs add useless content that doesn't address the current meta
    5) rage QUIT
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    While we’re talking about RP, it’s all totally BS. Solaris has ridiculously low RP for what she does.

I think Passives just statically add a fixed amount of RP for each one, with no real care for how valuable they really are.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    I do agree that the game needs to increased the incentive for playing.
    I love the original posters idea of exclusive heroes, who you slowly work your way up to through playing. Small concerns though: very hard to balance between desirable and op. Extremely slow, since they wont really be useful until 5-6* .
    Brought up a few other suggestions.

Pvp.
    Someone earlier suggested skins to change the look of you dungeon: Excellent idea, exclusive dungeon environments as a reward for top players. Doesn't cost anything or change the balance of the game.

Better, or at least new runes. Attack light/blue or defence red would be a fan favourite.

Increased rewards list: Top 200 at least. Unless you want to go for LC there's no point to bother with PvP once you are legend 1.

Traps in the dungeon. Since the defence has a disadvantage, you could buy small traps. Fire trap: defenders get burning skin, life trap; defenders heal 10% every turn etc. Small but not groundbreaking advantages for the home team. I'm aware this would be controversial, but at least worth thinking about.

Tower:
    Tower is currently ok, but the effort involved begets increased rewards. More gems at least
    Exclusive hero skins could be an attractive reward in the tower. (You get tokens to spend as a separate currency in the pwn shop)

Different environments in the tower, like the dungeon skins.

Different tower level 12 bosses that at least put up a fight.

Pve:
    We just got an **** load of new content, but I miss a few things. New epic bosses for example. Real challenge dungeons on boss island with useful/exclusive rewards.

Events:
    This calendar event is the worst yet, partly because the hero and his team are soooo lackluster, and partly because the shop is empty and the runes boring. I feel no need to work hard for an electric skin rune.
    But most events are quite sad, mindless grinding or even quicklooting, powered more by guild loyalty that the desire for diminishing rewards.

We need more events like the lunar new year, sans the buggs. Or guild tower competitions. Fighting through a 50 level tower of pwnage, populated by the defences of a competing guild. Rewards are based upon the total roster power of said guild.

Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • LocatingPK wrote: »
    What on earth are you guys talking about??...

No offense meant, but you’re in a thread discussing the state of the end game when you aren’t actually at the end game yet. I agree with you that there’s tons of fun and lots to do when you’re still developing your roster and working on new content. But for the thousands of us with maxed rosters and nothing left to do, the fun factor falls off a cliff. We loved the game when we were at where you are currently. We’re just discussing how to get that level of interest back.

For me, paying for stuff mostly just gets you to the end game faster. The more you pay the faster you will progress, but the sooner you'll get bored. For all that, if people didn't pay to play there'd be no game, so I'm glad they do. I'd still be doing the $3 a month gem bundle if they hadn't stopped it, but now that goes to another game I play in a similar style (but with much less time involvement).

I hope they don't change the way epics are released. If they did I could well stop playing. I play for the epics, changes to heroes, and occasional new hero to see how they change the way the game plays. I'd hate to see epics available only to top spenders, and that's what it would be.

I enjoy the level of play I put in, and the guild I'm in. We're top 50 when it matters, but we're never going to be top 5. It's frustrating to have 49 players let down every other week by one player missing their dailies, but it's not a Guild breaker.
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    edited June 24
    The new crown system will hopefully fix that.
    But more incentive to play is greatly needed.
    The game is still fun, but we would all have more fun, participation and recruits if people had more reasons to gear heros, and dedicate time.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • Oracle9 wrote: »
    The new crown system will hopefully fix that.
    But more incentive to play is greatly needed.
    The game is still fun, but we would all have more fun, participation and recruits if people had more reasons to gear heros, and dedicate time.
    @Oracle9 what’s the new crown system?
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    edited June 24
    They are going to implement a new system soon where you can surpass 10500 total crowns per week.
    Players will be able to collect up to 240 crowns and they will count. So you can make up the difference if a player is short or leaves the guild. Also if a player leaves the guild the crowns will stay. They will not be lost. That's the general idea, that may not be 100% accurate but it's the basic plan they have. We won't know for sure until it is implemented.
    Post edited by Oracle9 on
    GM of The Potato Army
  • bartokbartok Member
    I would like to see the friends tab increased to include pve friends and pvp friends. This would shake up pvp if you could call on a friend, and the defence could call a random player from their roster. So many times I’ve wished for a fifth option

I also think that there should be more free rune unequips, I would do heaps more pvp if I could move runes around on a regular basis
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    edited June 25
    I agree with the free rune un-equips, which we used to get. Having a friend option in PvP creates a imbalance though, it would be 5 vs 4 which would really create a unfair advantage for the attacker. It's honestly hard enough to have a good defense right now so I can't get on board with that personally. But please keep the suggestions coming in. The more we theorycraft the better we can help the devs make a better game for all of us.
    GM of The Potato Army
    Also guys remember this is a profit driven game. Some people have great ideas, but they are just not cost-effective to a development team. We need to ask for easy solutions or "quick fixes". Not only are they more likely to be implemented but small steps lead to miles.
    The DB team has a small staff with a limited budget.
    So if we ask for complex changes or ask for a whole new game, it's very unlikely those changes can be a option. That's why my focus for now is rewards, to make the repetitive "grinds" seem worth the time for now. Use it as a band-aid for now while they can work on more elaborate improvements.

So a sort button for our roster would be a complicated fix? Or maybe the ability to move our hero from 4th to 1st without deleting all the heroes and picking them again? probably really hard stuff. /sarcasm
  • Kegman913Kegman913 Member
    edited June 25
    I'm most disappointed with the fact that end game guild play means, "you no longer play the game until an event, then you grind hard and stop playing again to 'save'" I swear all end game play is save save save. how is this fun? oh, the other option is play the game as I want to and spend lots of money. This will be my #1 reason for quiting DB when I do.

secondly, some runes like the Tank and Festive runes are great runes. If you missed them because your kid was born that weekend, or were out of the country or something, you missed these very valuable runes. Why cant you give those who missed them a chance to buy them in an event shop? Make them behave like a skin where they only show up to purchase if you don't have it already. That would be very fair to those who missed them.
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    I agree with you @Kegman913. They tell us hero sorting is more complex than it sounds. Mainly because the framework was never laid out when the game was initially designed. I'm not a programmer so I will take their word for it.
    This thread hopefully will give them some feedback of our needs and wants. It is a good game, very complex PvP with customization.
    The incentive to actually play is all it's missing.
    If they change focus on player incentive for a bit, I feel we will all be very happy with the outcome.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • Most of us would settle for consistent hero ordering...which they DO have in heroes tab and friend champion selection. A single hero order could be established during preloading for all hero selection screens.

My thought is DB wants an complicated sort/search mechanism that they are unable to implement effectively and efficiently ignoring the simpler, temporary solution. Kind of like when they wanted to create a tower event, spent months programming, then eventually just gave us the missed towers like we had asked for.
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    It is in their plans, hopefully soon. I would rather be able to save a few teams, like 5 pre-set teams over hero sorting personally.
    Till then I just leave the less used heros at a lower level to make my own sorting. Lol
    GM of The Potato Army
    It is in their plans, hopefully soon. I would rather be able to save a few teams, like 5 pre-set teams over hero sorting personally.
    Till then I just leave the less used heros at a lower level to make my own sorting. Lol

this times 1000. Considering there are about 5 viable pvp teams to use on offense at any time.
  • Kegman913Kegman913 Member
    edited June 25
    egpc7628e7eh.jpg

if sorting is that hard, then adding buttons shouldn't be.
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    Yes, I would love that.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • danacdanac Member
    Kegman913 wrote: »
    egpc7628e7eh.jpg

maybe they could make the lines straight tho.
  • danac wrote: »
    Kegman913 wrote: »
    egpc7628e7eh.jpg

maybe they could make the lines straight tho.

I kinda like it - it gives a "flintstone" vibe to the whole display. Rocks, Caves and Tablets...
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    Well I have to give a big thanks to the Devs and the MFG for getting us a new PvP rune, that is quite nice.
    Thank you for listening to the feedback @Joel. It's greatly appreciated.
    GM of The Potato Army
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    The fact that hero sorting is difficult means bad, bad things for the infrastructure.

There are several other errors with interesting conclusions.

1: I’ve seen Therand and Koros attack armored and magical heroes and not get bonus damage on only *some* of them. This suggests hard-coded interactions rather than if(target.tags.Intersect(Tag.GetArmoredTags())), or something like that.

2: Various text glitches that suggest an uncomfortable amount of manual entry.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    I guess the first error could also be caused by manual tag entry. Ie, Therand checks for “Armored” but the character has “Amored”.
  • danacdanac Member
    coneyK wrote: »
    I guess the first error could also be caused by manual tag entry. Ie, Therand checks for “Armored” but the character has “Amored”.

therand is no good at love.
  • I think a lot of people want to use therand, but he's so short so no one uses him.
2»