Returning player

Been away since 2016. Level 65.

No idea about runes.
Heroes I was using were last talked about in 2016 in their threads.

Hero power 252332; over 48000 trophies.

Where to start?

Rune up? Which heroes ?

The lineup in my dungeon just gets feared by this Shade character..so what's a defense as against the current linep?

Comments

• edited July 4
    I was in almost the exact same boat about 3 weeks ago. First off, I had to learn about all these brand new heroes and how they work. Take time to go on the Dungeon Boss Wiki and do some research on Solaris, Grog Gnog, Shade, Koros, Drakk (and his barbarian teammates, Ignus, Abilgail, and Balog), Goretusk, Agnon, Hopper, and Lily to know what you are facing against in PvP and the tower. There are more heroes that were released in the past 2 years such as bauble and kreel but they suck pretty bad most of the time so I wouldn't worry about them for now.

As for runes, you can use them on your heroes as long as that hero has a rune slot that fits the rune you want to put on it. However, gathering runes is essentially just a waiting game. You can try crafting runes, but at level 65 you are pretty much limited to crafting only greater runes, which are pretty good, but not the best. The best way to get runes is by participating in events and during PvP seasons. The current Deadeye event has some good runes if you have any gold keys to open doors with. You can also get runes with honor in the honor shop (30k honor for a greater duelist rune, 60k for a superior one) but in the meantime you should put the best improved runes you can craft or find in dungeons since it's better than having no runes at all.

When I came back to dungeon boss, I started off doing some PvE to get a feel for it again. I assume you've already completed the normal mode campaign so give challenge mode a shot. In the off chance that you already finished challenge mode, you can try boss mode, but I wouldn't suggest it because it was made to kick your a**. In my experience, most of the teams that were good in 2016 ended up becoming trash due to all the meta changes. Recently, a new family called the assassins was created and I have found them to be really good in PvP and excellent in the tower. Assassins consist of Black Diamond, Shadowblade, Masuta Kira, and Sifu. In PvP I run BD, SB, Selwyn (with a tank rune from a recent event that starts a hero off with a taunt once the match starts), and Zomm.

Since the current meta highly favors barbarian and beast teams it will be difficult to compete in PvP without good counters. For now I would suggest staying away from those teams altogether but perhaps face off against a few of them to get a feel of how they work every once in a while. My advice for you is to start beefing the assassins since you won't have any key components of barbarian or beast teams. If you have any questions just ask :)

P.S. if you give me your IGN I can see your hero roster and give you further advice.

There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • omegathreeomegathree Member
    edited July 4
    So you're running bd,sb,Selwyn and zomm as defense
  • Yes, i'd say it has a 50/50 win rate but after a night I usually wake up to more trophies than when I fell asleep.
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke