Pontifex Epic and Costume suggestion

Okay, so Pontifex has been my favorite character since before I even had him when I started a few years back. I’ve been hardcore brainstorming some ideas bc I think he’s long past due for an epic. Anyhow...

Aside from items (ie crystals, pyre embers, or whatever) Pontifex’ epic parts will consist of the:
Orb of Wicked Evil (replaces hovering skull)
Doomed Tome of the Forgotten
Pure Strand of Life

“Once the Dark Mage is capable of manipulating the Strand of Life, none will be able to withstand his might.”
-Someone Significant

Epic upgrades will increase (as it does with some others) Defense, Attack, and Max Health with each individual upgrade.

New/Enhaced Moves:
Void Storm (replaces Chaos Storm): Ranged Spirit attack on all enemies with chance to Shock/Disease (either seem viable, shock would be wild though).
Grand Theft Bio (replaces life steal):
Ranged Disease attack on single target with chance to disease. Portion of damage dealt returns to Pontifex Returned as HP. If the target dies, Pontifex will reincarnate (possibly before Flesh Incarnate, if an energy potion is utilized) with full health, energy, and either an aegis shield or haste.

This was the tricky bit to think of, I definitely scrapped a few ideas before, but I liked this a bunch.

Epic Attack: Chance to deal (1x) Ranged, Dark lightning damage to all foes with chance to fear.

Epic Passive: Undead Overlord- Gives Undead allies a chance to retaliate against any attack on Pontifex Mortis (or Returned) and also gives Undead Allies a chance to defend Pontifex Returned (only) from a deathblow. Allies defeated while protecting Pontifex Returned will resurrect with full health and energy when Pontifex Returned returns to Pontifex Mortis by any means. Boost Undead Def. and/or Max Health.

I will put images of Epic Items and the recent skin I’ve made below. These are all just ideas... ideas I hope Dungeon Boss may one day utilize.

Comments

• Notes:
    Pontifex Returned could have the Wicked Orb on his staff or above his head as well.
    The orb above Harbinger Pontifex Mortis’ head is the wicked orb, otherwise the skull would take its place.
    I am not an owner of colouring utensils.
  • Neat. Pontifex is one of my old scool favs. Wish they would use one of our ideas and at least bring us an epic or make him a true legendary with epic and another rework. He needs something to help him survive. Anyone kills him so easily and his damage isn't enough to use him in any situation
  • Yeah, I’ve had him long enough to get 6* with no vip, but I don’t really know how hard of an achievement that was.. I got really lucky one day in the honor summon a long, long time ago
  • hatredhatred Member
    I do like the suggestion but I think ponti just needs a flat out rework. His kit just makes no sense. The guy has undead synergy, but has huge anti synergy with zomm. His first skill is also really bland and doesn’t do much.
    I think ponti should be redesigned as a build around. His kit strikes me as very selfish (with lots of damage, self res, hp on kill, self buff) and his theme does as well. They could run with this and design him as a legendary players want to enable to have a good game, which would be very unique as most other legendaries set up the rest of your team for a good game instead (zomm, solaris, furnace, etc) rather than serving as a true carry that you want to spam single target buffs on and can do tons of damage when enabled. I think the new ponti should play a lot like malice in that respect.
  • i dont mind ponti's damage and healing being selfish (if it isnt broke, dont fix it). There is little synergy with zomm (undead fervor), but what anti-synergy? I don't see IGOROK or Furnace, idek about Aria, with any good synergies. He's a Necromancer, and Lawful Evil it seems, and it works. I just gotta get my mitts on his Epic.
  • DevilJhonsDevilJhons Member
    edited July 27
    what if his epic would give him ability to reborn as himself, while he in team with zomm/undead and there are any alive teammates, when all die, he goes skelet as usual. And he needs total rework, i mean passive skills, his 30% to atck and def for undead make him usefull with zomm and undead team, but animated death makes no sence with zomm, as he resurect zomminions, so ponty useless in pvp, couse his stat boost not enough for legendary hero, with not working 2nd passive, he should have some other ability, like chance to heal undead ally on death strike(so ally dont die, and gain health) or some great boost to zomminions(like 50% hp, atck, def, skill, or all undead have chance to purge and slow target etc) or make him separate from undead, like make stats boost for other family/class.
  • I was thinking he could have like 5 orbs, 1 on his head and 4 others rotating in a circle behind his back. When his epic attack triggers he blasts the target twice with doom bolts (maybe a special debuff with it) then blast 3 other targets for 2x basic attack damage. This means he could potentially do 5 hits for 2x damage, and apply a debuff. Basically better than grog-gnog, cuz ye know... Pontifex is legendary.
  • Deathriftx wrote: »
    I was thinking he could have like 5 orbs, 1 on his head and 4 others rotating in a circle behind his back. When his epic attack triggers he blasts the target twice with doom bolts (maybe a special debuff with it) then blast 3 other targets for 2x basic attack damage. This means he could potentially do 5 hits for 2x damage, and apply a debuff. Basically better than grog-gnog, cuz ye know... Pontifex is legendary.

its nice idea, but on high lvl pvp any fast hero can 1 shot ponty, so he need some def hp and dmg reduction, otherwise even with 1000x dmg aoe, he is trash.
  • Yea. If they do anything to Ponti they should raise his health and defense by ALOT, as my 6* 1.3k runepower Ponti can die to a Willow ._.
  • I wonder when Pontifex will actually get a rework and/or an epic... I feel like it'll be a long time out
  • btw it would be cool if ponty get some def and hp buffs plus his passive would work on himself and he woukd prevent any enemy units from resurection, as he is necromancer who can controll life and death flow, so no solaris and emily res.