Memory leak becoming unbearable

This game has always run poorly on my iPad (got it early 2017, standard iPad not pro or anything, not 100% sure what the model is but I can look it up if it helps), where no other game or app I've run has had any issues. As time goes on playing it, the condition gets worse until the game crashes, I'm assuming due to a memory leak somewhere.

It used to take a while, though. I could play for 45 minutes or an hour before that happened, which only was during events or a long PvP grind so it didn't bother me too much. Now it's 30 minutes, sometimes less. I didn't even get through my daily quests today before it bogged down to the point of crashing.

I have the latest version of the game, I'm pretty sure my iPad is up to date, and the shortening of time that I can play occurred the exact day Deadshot was released so I can only assume the more assets there are in the game the worse it gets.

Is there any fix to this? I'm on the teetering edge of not being able to play, so if it gets any worse I'm simply not going to put up with having to reload it every 20 minutes (especially since the loading takes longer than any other app I have).
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game recently? The issues you're experiencing may be due to older game files taking up memory.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    @ICEninja - I'm on a standard everyday ipad as well. I highly recommend you do as Joel suggested. You'll want to be sure your account is registered with Big Fish first, then delete the DB app and reinstall. Simply updating to latest version won't suffice.

When I last did this, a lot of issues went away.

(If you forget to register your account, its very likely that customer support can restore your account anyway, but it takes time and minor hassle and why risk it?)
  • ICEninjaICEninja Member
    This helped some. I haven't had a chance to play for a particularly long time yet to see how this changes things over 45+ minutes of playing, but it seems to play more smoothly.