Hero Spotlight: Deadeye

2»

Comments

• I like this new approach ! I’ve already got lots of ideas for the honorbounds and deadeye, and I can’t wait to try them out.
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • agreed, imagine him, with a warrior rune on a team with hansuke, leo, and solaris!! I bet its going to be meta.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • davinchidavinchi Member
    Joel wrote: »
    ... we don't want to keep making Voltron teams that have to play as a unit to be good. We want to encourage teams with all-different families ...

This is good! And it sounds like you/devs recognize that barbarians are broken or at least problematic. Why not fix the actual "Barbarian situation" because Voltron (barbarians) are on a rampage. And by leaving them unchecked makes the new well thought-out content seems like the Smurfs by comparison.
    the amount of Shades in this game...is just TOO DANG HIGH!
  • morillimorilli Member
    So it sounds like your saying you want to make teams more moduler. So you can plug any hero into any team and not have them look and act like a 3rd wheel. Are you guys writing your code that way as well?
  • Joel wrote: »
    A bit of additional commentary from @DB_Dave on the Honorbound family:

"The reason why Honorbound has less family synergy and more generic synergy is that we don't want to keep making Voltron teams that have to play as a unit to be good. We want to encourage teams with all-different families as well, mix and matching heroes. If we keep making heroes only be good with more of the same family, then we run into more Barbarian situations. We are attempting to create more diversity and experimentation with heroes. I know that is a hard goal and not what players expect at this point, but it's the reasoning behind the 'lack' of direct synergy in the Honorbound."

From me: This isn't to say that the Honorbound family is perfect or that they're going to redefine PVP, just that we deliberately approached the Honorbound family differently from most other families. Feedback is still greatly appreciated, we're always learning! :)

I like that approach, and I really dislike the quests (and Boss Dungeons) that "Use 4 heroes from the same family/class".

I think the Assassins went some way towards this goal, as giving another assassin a passive they already have (e.g. Martial Artist) is useless. Better to mix in a couple of assassins with a couple of other types to get a variety of boosts.
  • Thanks Joel for telling us the intent of these reworks & additions! As a community, we love to know the intentions of the devs. Keep it up!
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • Has anyone else thought of the fact that the Demon Lord Bloodgeon mentioned in the background of Deadeye may be the potential legendary demon someday?
  • Based on Deadeye’s description, perhaps Demon Lord Bloodgeon will be a far future hero?

He better use a giant hammer or mace of some sort. I love the pun with his name. Blood-geon. Haha

@atKorosLit
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • yea that would be funny haha
  • hadouryuhadouryu Member
    lame always bronze keys no matter what the quests are! cheap
  • Near the end of the event, can we have the option to trade bronze keys, for 2k tickets? It would make it worthwhile for endgame players only ussing silver keys...
  • @Joel
    There seems to be a bug with Deadeye's bushido. I took him, Grog, Solaris, and Lupina into the fire boss island. In the first room Grog went and used Snow Day to kill everyone, and all my heroes got the Snow Day buff. With Bushido that buff should have lasted an extra turn if I didn't use it up. We moved to the next room and before Deadeye even went it vanished from him, it stayed on everyone else but vanished from Deadeye.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • Is deadeye a reference to deadeye plankton?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    lythstihl wrote: »
    @Joel
    There seems to be a bug with Deadeye's bushido. I took him, Grog, Solaris, and Lupina into the fire boss island. In the first room Grog went and used Snow Day to kill everyone, and all my heroes got the Snow Day buff. With Bushido that buff should have lasted an extra turn if I didn't use it up. We moved to the next room and before Deadeye even went it vanished from him, it stayed on everyone else but vanished from Deadeye.

I'm not seeing this happen in my game. Do you have a screenshot or video?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • @Joel
    I'll see if I can get one but it happened multiple times the Snow Day goes up on everyone but the number on it for Deadeye seems to be 0 and it fades at the start of the round.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • Joel wrote: »
    A bit of additional commentary from @DB_Dave on the Honorbound family:

"The reason why Honorbound has less family synergy and more generic synergy is that we don't want to keep making Voltron teams that have to play as a unit to be good. We want to encourage teams with all-different families as well, mix and matching heroes. If we keep making heroes only be good with more of the same family, then we run into more Barbarian situations. We are attempting to create more diversity and experimentation with heroes. I know that is a hard goal and not what players expect at this point, but it's the reasoning behind the 'lack' of direct synergy in the Honorbound."

From me: This isn't to say that the Honorbound family is perfect or that they're going to redefine PVP, just that we deliberately approached the Honorbound family differently from most other families. Feedback is still greatly appreciated, we're always learning! :)

The problem with this isn't that the family synergizes well with others it's that it doesn't synergize well with itself. All you would need to do to fix it is the following (I think though there may be some other changes outside of Deadeye)

Change "BRING IT DOWN! - Ranged physical attack that marks the target (mark increases ranged damage dealt to that enemy), and all allies with ranged basic attacks do a follow-up attack against the target" to BRING IT DOWN! - Ranged physical attack that marks the target (mark increases ranged damage dealt to that enemy), and all allies with ranged basic attacks and Honorbound allies do a follow-up attack against the target.

and

Change "SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks have a chance to purge a buff on hit." to SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks and attacks from Honorbound allies have a chance to purge a buff on hit.

Make those 2 changes and Deadeye has all the synergy outside the Honorbound he currently has PLUS he has synergy within his own family which he currently lacks.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited June 27
    Did you not hear what he just said, he said he didn't want the honor bound to be transformers hence the op teams such as barbs... Also he ain't no legendary, so why on earth must you make him one?? They will prob make that new light legendary soon, that legendary will fill your thirsts for op content... Although I do think that the final Ascension is terrible and should gain some other synergie...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 27
    lythstihl wrote: »
    Change "BRING IT DOWN! - Ranged physical attack that marks the target (mark increases ranged damage dealt to that enemy), and all allies with ranged basic attacks do a follow-up attack against the target" to BRING IT DOWN! - Ranged physical attack that marks the target (mark increases ranged damage dealt to that enemy), and all allies with ranged basic attacks and Honorbound allies do a follow-up attack against the target.

and

Change "SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks have a chance to purge a buff on hit." to SUN-TIPPED ARROWS: Allies' ranged physical attacks and attacks from Honorbound allies have a chance to purge a buff on hit.

Make those 2 changes and Deadeye has all the synergy outside the Honorbound he currently has PLUS he has synergy within his own family which he currently lacks.
    Absolutely agree. These changes won’t make Honorbound OP, but will give some needed family unity and a reason to use the other honorbound heroes.

• MavStlMavStl Member
    Well so far he seems absolutely useless. I only got through 1 set of the win 4 with Deadeye before I threw in the towel because he sucks so bad. Went 4 and 6 during that set and definitely will not even attempt anymore with the current overpowered toons. Unfortunately that's the core issue Big Fish has done with this game. If the new hero isn't a direct counter to the last hero or some how overpowered they are truly useless. There just isn't enough space in a 4 person fight for an under powered character. Anyway, he can sit on the shelf until the next remake or next over powered character.
  • @MavStl I just run Emily, Ferno, Agnon + Deadeye (In that order) and muscle through the OP barb teams with even more OP characters.
    Oh yea, and DeadEye tags along too. Sometime he will get a solar shot off, but mostly just empty space :D
  • omegathreeomegathree Member
    edited July 4
    Joel wrote: »
    NOTE: VIP10 players will be receiving 10 free Deadeye tokens today. He will become available to all players via the Hero Calendar starting tomorrow (Thursday).

And anyone that has gems and grabbed him in the portal, I take it that wasn’t intended?

Just returning to game.
    This kind of thing occurring 2 years ago was one reason to leave...can't believe that coders can't patch that from happening..not tenable that it can't be stopped.

It just reinforces thinking that this is done intentionally by people(s) at the company, leaked to friends (or mega-whales) outside who play the game, and then shut down.

Except this time, what they're doing to appease VIP 10 players who weren't getting the inside info and will be pissed off, throwing them a couple of bones in form of a few tokens to shut them up.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Did you not hear what he just said, he said he didn't want the honor bound to be transformers hence the op teams such as barbs... Also he ain't no legendary, so why on earth must you make him one?? They will prob make that new light legendary soon, that legendary will fill your thirsts for op content... Although I do think that the final Ascension is terrible and should gain some other synergie...
    But with both beasts and barbs, it wasn't the full beast/barb team that you'd see all over the place, it was a three family/non-family combo that was all the rage. With beasts it was Lily who was the odd duck, and with barbs it's Shade or Furnace. While the intent might have been that the Honorbound family doesn't have such strong synergy, a lukewarm approach where there's token synergy isn't going to make much of a difference. I mean, maybe I'm completely wrong here - I'd never claim to be the brightest bulb in the box - but I don't see much reason to invest in Takumi or Yoko. Either make those two really strong in their own right, like Takumi becoming a master of single target freezes, or make them really strong when they're working together like with lythstihl's suggestions; a half-and-half approach isn't going to accomplish anything in the long run.
  • @Stinky I agree. I tried a full and even half honourbound team in pvp and got wrecked. As a full team or not, they fail in every PvP scenario. They need just a tad more synergy, I made a post about it if you want to read my suggestions.
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    VIP Summons currently open to all players (even VIP0 / f2p) until tomorrow's midday reset. So if you used a gold key to get the 5 summons now would be a good time to use them.
  • williamwilliam Member
    I just wonder will u make a dragon team one day
  • william wrote: »
    I just wonder will u make a dragon team one day

Maybe
2»