Constructs immune to light damage

Mati01Mati01 Member
edited July 11 in Bugs & Technical Issues
Recently i had many experience of construct taking 0 damage from Ekko lightning attacks and epic procs. I checked and said construct did not have the lightning immune trait.

Also the text lightning immune comes up upon taking lightning damage even after making sure they have no trait that dictates that it should. The text also appears to be in green with a nature icon at the end as poison or nature resistance notifications should. But not lightning.

And as clarification i talk about damage like Ekko's epics proc not the status effect shock. Constructs are rightfully immune to the status effect but not the damage type lightning itself.
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Do you have a screenshot or video of this happening?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited July 11
    I've been seeing constructs (usually Furnace and Agnon) and Emily immune to lightning/shock damage for some time in PvP. I've just been working round it.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • Swordking35Swordking35 Member
    edited July 11
    If you look under light, they are immune to shock, which may link to lightning attacks. I suspect this has something to do with it. I’ve also noticed that agnon takes no damage from terror storm (from another agnon) but has no trait that says he should. Personally, I like this little detail. Like constructs can’t be damaged by lightning because they aren’t organic.
    I suspect that the reason, if my theory stated in the first sentence is true, is because many attacks and debuffs are linked together in a weird way. For example, brom’s old doom blade did disease Damage, and did no damage to undead, who were simply immune to the debuff disease, as stated, but took no damage anyway.
    This doesn’t seem to work for everything, btw. Burn immunity does not mean fire immunity, for example. Constructs will still take fire damage.
    Anyway this is just my theory, not backed up by facts or even knowledge of programming. Just experience and logic.
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    ybavt3ubd1lg.jpg

There is a picture about a Bauble resisting lightning damage from a shock status effect of a bunny. Any other ki d of shock damage results in this behaviour not just the one from shock.

Also i where a bit wrong ot seems that the resist lightning text comes up in the construct's own elemental colour. Still it should be always yellow as far as i can tell.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited July 11
    I just had a defending Ecco in the tower hit my Agnon and Emily with lightning, and zero damage. It cuts both ways, but I think it's an error.

I use Agnon's Hardened Assault instead of Terrorstorm in many situations for this reason.
  • I've noticed for some time now that constructs are immune to lightning. The amount of things in this game that are immune to lightning without it being obvious that/why they are you might as well remove the damage type from the game.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We fixed this issue yesterday :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com