WIP team...Aria/Diamond/Emily/Yoko

Not in that order, exactly. My diamond and yoko are only 4* and aria's just 5 so I don't have the full force of the team to try out...but the synergy between emily/aria/diamond is proving rather potent, even if the latter tends to end up flat on the ground. Yokozuna is there for throwing the enemy off balance, I've also considered Astrid, Leonidus, or just going 'no tank' and bringing in Sifu to add shield popping. Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?

Comments

• What lvl/ league are you in?
    I will try and help you :)
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • UratohUratoh Member
    71, Legend 2 at the moment. I HAVE the emily/ferno/gt/agnon team, I'm trying to find something new and interesting.
  • Nothing is really foolproof. Shade fears Yoko and then that's it.
    Is there a fearproofing rune?
  • Obviously not.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • UratohUratoh Member
    I've since brought in Sifu to the team. it works rather well :o
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 13
    Uratoh wrote: »
    ...Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?
    Hey now, what's wrong with Ekko? Before the Emily buff, I'd say he was the best of the light heroes. If anything, I'd dump Aria and pick up Ekko (keeping Sifu around). Team Energy Vault protects against Balog and Deadeye's energy depletion. Barbs being in the ascendency means Grog isn't around so much - which means Energize +crit is worth more. Ekko is extremely hard to kill in turn one, has a tanky yellow/yellow/red/green/blue rune setup, and an epic that has defense as the prime stat and HP as the second. Before the recent change to Agnon's Graniteform, I had him holding my tank rune and he did a fine job. Even without the tank rune, though, you'll find that Shade can't resist trying to nuke Ekko - which is good, because Ekko is 100% immune to spirit attacks. That comes bundled with Possession and (I think) Spirit Link immunities.

Rolla8 has a video here of Ekko + flying team doing work. It's outdated now since it was before the barbs rolled onto the scene, but it still shows that Ekko is useful. To be fair, the poor guy is prone to bugs, with his Ethereal Spirit trait getting broken more often than it should, but what can you do.

• UratohUratoh Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Uratoh wrote: »
    ...Or possibly though unlikely Ekko for his...her...Ekko Things. Any thoughts from people?
    Hey now, what's wrong with Ekko? Before the Emily buff, I'd say he was the best of the light heroes. If anything, I'd dump Aria and pick up Ekko (keeping Sifu around). Team Energy Vault protects against Balog and Deadeye's energy depletion. Barbs being in the ascendency means Grog isn't around so much - which means Energize +crit is worth more.

I think a bit more explanation of 'why not Ekko' is in order. I think this image right here will basically sum the problem I have with trying the spirit out in teams:
    Capture_2018-07-13-17-58-31.png

I have considered Ekko taunt/etc with the rune etc, but there's an incredible amount of work I'd need to do to actually make it tough enough to do its thing. I *AM* working on it, and it is an option I'm considering, especially since electricity is even more potent now, but I just maxed Black Diamond's epic so even once I get those Astrals I'm still drained on materials because everything uses the same materials.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Oh, fair enough. :)