Flying team help

I’m currently using Solaris, Agnon, Ferno, and Leonidus as a PvP and PvE team. I just seem to never take advantage of the constant reviving of leo because my Solaris does all the work. Is there a better hero to replace Leo? I was thinking goretusk but I don’t have many water runes. Would a hero like Furnace or Lily be good for this spot?

Comments

  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 17
    If you like the sense of security a Solaris + Leo combo brings, try Emily. Emily's utility is great: she has an unavoidable AoE purge, a great complement to Ferno whose Wildfire is more potent but can be prevented by Shroud, dodge, or an unlucky roll of the dice. Her res "only" brings back a single target but gives them +3 energy and haste. Yeah. On top of all this, Emily can't be debuffed. Also, you can never have too many cleanses.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    If you like the sense of security a Solaris + Leo combo brings, try Emily. Emily's utility is great: she has an unavoidable AoE purge, a great complement to Ferno whose Wildfire is more potent but can be prevented by Shroud, dodge, or an unlucky roll of the dice. Her res "only" brings back a single target but gives them +3 energy and haste. Yeah. On top of all this, Emily can't be debuffed. Also, you can never have too many cleanses.
    How should I tune her though? I’ve tried to use her but she always seems underwhelming. Is she only meant to revive and not deal any form of damage? My leo now does some ok damage
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 17
    tyler0118 wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    If you like the sense of security a Solaris + Leo combo brings, try Emily. Emily's utility is great: she has an unavoidable AoE purge, a great complement to Ferno whose Wildfire is more potent but can be prevented by Shroud, dodge, or an unlucky roll of the dice. Her res "only" brings back a single target but gives them +3 energy and haste. Yeah. On top of all this, Emily can't be debuffed. Also, you can never have too many cleanses.
    How should I tune her though? I’ve tried to use her but she always seems underwhelming. Is she only meant to revive and not deal any form of damage? My leo now does some ok damage

    She's meant to survive in order to rez, remove debuffs from team, and remove buffs from all opponents.

    You could change out Leo for Torchy. He'll increase Solaris' healing power and can silence opponents.

  • tyler0118tyler0118 Member
    edited July 17
    Rocksor wrote: »
    tyler0118 wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    If you like the sense of security a Solaris + Leo combo brings, try Emily. Emily's utility is great: she has an unavoidable AoE purge, a great complement to Ferno whose Wildfire is more potent but can be prevented by Shroud, dodge, or an unlucky roll of the dice. Her res "only" brings back a single target but gives them +3 energy and haste. Yeah. On top of all this, Emily can't be debuffed. Also, you can never have too many cleanses.
    How should I tune her though? I’ve tried to use her but she always seems underwhelming. Is she only meant to revive and not deal any form of damage? My leo now does some ok damage

    She's meant to survive in order to rez, remove debuffs from team, and remove buffs from all opponents.

    You could change out Leo for Torchy. He'll increase Solaris' healing power and can silence opponents.

    I don’t have strong enough runes to use torchy (trust me I’ve tried). Would furnace be better because I have him five star while Emily is three star and furnace is a good tank. I want strong res power but I would also like a tank as well. Is Emily still the right choice? If I were to work on crafting runes how should I even rune torchy?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    Best tank for Emily Agnon and ferno is Goretusk since he starts out taunting and can immobilize an enemy. Furnace could work since he will provide 25% damage reduction to Emily, but you can't heal him with Emily.
  • Rocksor wrote: »
    Best tank for Emily Agnon and ferno is Goretusk since he starts out taunting and can immobilize an enemy. Furnace could work since he will provide 25% damage reduction to Emily, but you can't heal him with Emily.

    I still have solaris in the team. If I’m subbing someone out it’s emily or Leo or whoever takes that spot
  • My Emily is three star so she’s kinda garbage with my team so I guess I can’t use her. Is furnace a good option as a tank for this team?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 17
    If you are keeping solaris on your attacking PVP team, and not putting in emily, I would just stick with leo since he has better synergy with solaris than furnace, as well as providing a second set of possible healing for longer battles. This is if you just want a tank on your team.

    Lily could work as part of your attacking team as well since she has synergy with ferno. Of course you will have to lose your tank.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    tyler0118 wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Best tank for Emily Agnon and ferno is Goretusk since he starts out taunting and can immobilize an enemy. Furnace could work since he will provide 25% damage reduction to Emily, but you can't heal him with Emily.

    I still have solaris in the team. If I’m subbing someone out it’s emily or Leo or whoever takes that spot
    Happily, Goretusk is also the best tank for a flying team, if not the best tank period. You've got the synergy with Solaris, plus auto-taunt, Mammoth Guard, single target freeze, reactive Slow and Frostbite, fast speed, and whatever else I've forgotten.

    On the other hand, it sounds like what you're really shopping for is more damage, since you're not keen on Emily. Especially if you have any of the energy runes, try Shade or Lily. Shade with Spirit Link is a slippery blighter and Lily's sturdy, too. If you don't mind putting him after Ferno, you could also field Grog. Grog's a bit awkward since Strike has some anti-synergy with Ferno's -attack debuff, but he works well with Solaris, his debuffs/buffs are great, and he does good damage.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    tyler0118 wrote: »
    Rocksor wrote: »
    Best tank for Emily Agnon and ferno is Goretusk since he starts out taunting and can immobilize an enemy. Furnace could work since he will provide 25% damage reduction to Emily, but you can't heal him with Emily.

    I still have solaris in the team. If I’m subbing someone out it’s emily or Leo or whoever takes that spot
    Happily, Goretusk is also the best tank for a flying team, if not the best tank period. You've got the synergy with Solaris, plus auto-taunt, Mammoth Guard, single target freeze, reactive Slow and Frostbite, fast speed, and whatever else I've forgotten.

    On the other hand, it sounds like what you're really shopping for is more damage, since you're not keen on Emily. Especially if you have any of the energy runes, try Shade or Lily. Shade with Spirit Link is a slippery blighter and Lily's sturdy, too. If you don't mind putting him after Ferno, you could also field Grog. Grog's a bit awkward since Strike has some anti-synergy with Ferno's -attack debuff, but he works well with Solaris, his debuffs/buffs are great, and he does good damage.

    I have the star problem with goretusk but his stats aren’t as bad as Emily’s so I just need to rune him really well. So furnace is still a bad choice? He seems really defensive and he can spread wildfire burn with his AoE along with adding burn.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 18
    It's not that Furnace is bad, it's that's he's usually not the best option. If you think Furnace looks cool and want to use him then by all means go ahead. If it's going to be a long time until you can get Goretusk fully ascended but your Furnace is fully ascended and ready to go, yeah, go with Furnace in the interim. You'll find that there's never one perfect composition that will be the best in all situations, anyway. Lily + flying team is great but Lily can be completely shut down by Balog, so I bench her on those fights. If you can keep her alive, Hopper is a counter to res heavy teams, so you might find yourself rolling with the monster rabbit at some point, rather than risk a fight that drags on forever. You're better off focusing on a core of something like 8-10 heroes that you can use to assemble the best team for who you're going to face.

    This is, like, just my opinion, man, but I didn't care for Furnace + flying team because I found him an awkward mix with the rest. His stat buff for red heroes is only going to cover him and Solaris, and it's lacking in comparison to what Solaris gets from Gore or Grog. Abs of Steel is amazing versus single, powerful attacks like Agnon's Plummeting Doom - but won't do much to protect against multiple strike attacks like the beasts' reactive attacks or the various barbarians' moves. His aoe basic attack won't be used turn one because you'll want Furnace to use Stoke the Boiler asap, and you already have Solaris to set enemies on fire for Ferno's benefit. His pressure gimmick is a great idea but feels like a drawback rather than an interesting part of the chracter; Solaris' self-res stacks, Gore's Mammoth Guard stacks, Lily and Rocky's plant stacks, reptiles' venom, barbs' rage etc. are entirely beneficial. Furnace's need to vent pressure feels less like managing a resource than being managed by a resource. The fact that it comes at a cost of a second ability doesn't help.

    Maybe there are others who can post videos or testimonies of Furnace doing some serious work, but I'm not one of them.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    It's not that Furnace is bad, it's that's he's usually not the best option. If you think Furnace looks cool and want to use him then by all means go ahead. If it's going to be a long time until you can get Goretusk fully ascended but your Furnace is fully ascended and ready to go, yeah, go with Furnace in the interim. You'll find that there's never one perfect composition that will be the best in all situations, anyway. Lily + flying team is great but Lily can be completely shut down by Balog, so I bench her on those fights. If you can keep her alive, Hopper is a counter to res heavy teams, so you might find yourself rolling with the monster rabbit at some point, rather than risk a fight that drags on forever. You're better off focusing on a core of something like 8-10 heroes that you can use to assemble the best team for who you're going to face.

    This is, like, just my opinion, man, but I didn't care for Furnace + flying team because I found him an awkward mix with the rest. His stat buff for red heroes is only going to cover him and Solaris, and it's lacking in comparison to what Solaris gets from Gore or Grog. Abs of Steel is amazing versus single, powerful attacks like Agnon's Plummeting Doom - but won't do much to protect against multiple strike attacks like the beasts' reactive attacks or the various barbarians' moves. His aoe basic attack won't be used turn one because you'll want Furnace to use Stoke the Boiler asap, and you already have Solaris to set enemies on fire for Ferno's benefit. His pressure gimmick is a great idea but feels like a drawback rather than an interesting part of the chracter; Solaris' self-res stacks, Gore's Mammoth Guard stacks, Lily and Rocky's plant stacks, reptiles' venom, barbs' rage etc. are entirely beneficial. Furnace's need to vent pressure feels less like managing a resource than being managed by a resource. The fact that it comes at a cost of a second ability doesn't help.

    Maybe there are others who can post videos or testimonies of Furnace doing some serious work, but I'm not one of them.

    Thanks for the help. Once I get Goretusk starred up and good tunes for him I’ll use him 👍
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Also, you can never have too many cleanses.

    idk.
    the last cleanse I had was very uncomfortable.
  • How about updates Phemus? He seems pretty strong
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com