Tower: more tedious than fun?

Recently I’ve been feeling like the tower is more of chore than fun to play. It used to be the thing I looked forward to in getting my daily crowns, but now it’s just ridiculous. I understand that completion should not be a cake walk, but when floor 1 has characters above my level that wipe 8 of my heroes, and floor 8 has characters 10 levels below mine that kill my best squad in one hit (both of these happened today), it’s a bit frustrating. I’ve read a couple other posts about the difficulty of the tower being lessened...I haven’t seen it. Not sure what needs to be done here...just venting a bit.

Comments

• morillimorilli Member
    edited July 19
    I have seen it lessened. But you are right there does not appear to be consistency in the enemies you fight. I had an all Barb team on floor 2 yesterday. I beat them but I lost a few heroes that I was hoping to keep alive longer. On the other hand I made it to floor 10 before I decided to quit. The next floor was all barbs again. Above me by two levels. I just didn't have anyone left that could fight them. Nor did I feel like trying either. It would be nice if we could see if the had runes on them and what kind of runes like we do in PVP. Also be nice if we could swap our runes around while still in the tower instead of leaving and coming back.
  • Well, they must have been listening because I beat the tower today...thanks devs!
  • dboss235dboss235 Member
    The tower should be a challenge, but the current version is absurd. I faced a Bard team that was 14 levels below my team and they chewed through my best teams. I'll do the tower to meet the crown requirements and avoid the rest.
  • @dboss235 Same. I just played the tower and on floor 5 there was a barb team several levels below my heroes that would one shot every team I brought there. After three rounds of that I said screw it. It’s not worth the effort.
  • So you guys having problems beating Barb teams several levels below you.

How?

Goretusk Emily Ferno Agnon. Problem solved.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    So you guys having problems beating Barb teams several levels below you.

How?

Assuming Balog goes before Drakk, here's another good team for tower barbs with Shade: Roger, Roger's dad, and Marrow. A barb team without Abi's +attack move and Balog's Cry Havoc is a lot less dangerous to fight.
  • WasiWasi Member
    And since festive runes are not active, use Emily a couple of times in the easier floors to prep for barb team(s)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • toadbutztoadbutz Member
    I'm level 70, played for a year, quit a couple months after big rune update, then came back last month. Tower is just a BIT more difficult. Just a bit. I've only beaten it once this time around, the first day I came back. This is one of the rare issue in DB that I've rage quit over! I'm VIP 8. I felt like I was finally getting my money's worth when I could farm the tower every day. It used to be a fun daily challenge, now it's just a big fat slap in the tea bag. My ten year old won't play anymore, which sucks. He is a freaking Jedi master at any challenging game, but won't stay engaged when the experience is too unbalanced.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    This topic for sure. I only end up doing the tower about 4 days a week now. I dislike that I'm missing out on free gems, but there are days I just don't feel like doing it. It's just become tedious/annoying with all the Agnons killing a hero every 2 or 3 turns and then the back to back to back barbarian teams. It's not even that I don't finish. Generally I do, it's just not fun right now.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    So you guys having problems beating Barb teams several levels below you.

How?

Works great the first time. One day last week I had EIGHT barb teams. It's just not possible to have all the necessary abilities up that often. I still finished the tower, but I've got a pretty strong roster. For a lot of players, that's going to jail without passing "Go"

• Agreed. One barb team is OK. 5 is game over.