Cannot login after latest update

YykkilYykkil Member
edited August 8 in Bugs & Technical Issues
evbezk8egcge.png

I'm getting this error using both NoxPlayer and Bluestacks3. I then installed DB on my near-dead iPhone 6 and was able to update and launch without error. Is this intended behaviour on emulators?
Tagged:

Comments

• I have exactly the same issue - android version 6.0.1
  • Same issue huawei p8 lite
  • After 5 hours from first post, noone is interested to respond us? I have spend money in this game and i want a support please...
  • I don’t think they work during the night.
  • In my country is evening, sorry for this
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are currently investigating this issue. Making sure people can play the game is naturally a high priority for us. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
    edited August 9
    It is possible that switching your internet connection and logging into the game from the new network may solve the connection issue. An example is where a device on Wifi cannot connect: switch to cellular data, or to a hotspot, or maybe even to another wifi network (not sure on that one), and you could be able to connect. Then you might ALSO be able to switch back to the original connection that was not working and have it work again too. More than one confirmed account of this working, but your results may vary. We would be grateful to know if that worked for anyone else though! Obviously, it's not so simple on an emulator on PC, but we are working diligently and sharing what we know here as we know it. We're still tracking down the reason for that problem in the first place.
    Post edited by Joel on
  • GordroGordro Member
    Changing connections made no difference to me on an emulator (bluestacks) I have been working for the last few days, in fact 2 hours ago I was able to log in and complete my dailys.

So I have been working while others have not. so any changes since 11:00 GMT have broken my game.
    @Gordro, for clarification, you need to connect to a different network with your computer and log into the game on that connection for the fix to work. Have you done that?
  • GordroGordro Member
    Ahh no, I changed from local to wireless, would have been same network. THe device running the emulator isn't mobile.
    The device running the emulator doesn't need to be mobile, just connect it to any other network than the one it is on now. If you have a mobile device that can become a hotspot, connect it to that for a minute, login on that hotspot, then you can switch back to your normal network. :)
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    I don't have a wireless network card on my desktop nor do I have access to another network so I am patiently waiting on the backend team :neutral:
    Unfortunately, we've determined that this issue is device and local-network related, and therefore something that we are unable to interact with from our end. Something is going wrong between your device and the network that you are using to connect, which is why changing networks has proven to be a reliable solution. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and/or emulator, but we cannot guarantee that would work. If you have access to any phones or other devices that can double as a hotspot, connecting to the game via them even for a moment seems to fix the issue. We understand that this is not an ideal situation by any means, but it is the reality of the situation. :(
  • OK Joel this is one horrible excuse to blame me or anyone else. This did not happen at all till that update I was playing just fine. I lost a lot because of it. I needed to go into town to go to McDonald's just to get it fixed. Not happy. That's 70 miles in total and dungeon boss blames me?? I was removed from my guild lost my crowns lost gems. No sir this all came about that update. This is not fair to me. My internet works fine.
    I apologize if it sounded like I was blaming you in any way or trying to make excuses, that was not the intent. I merely meant to say that the technological cause of the issue is something that we are unable to interact with from our end. We understand that this has caused significant inconveniences and sincerely apologize.
  • REDROCKER55REDROCKER55 Member
    edited August 9
    Joel will I be compensated for this? The gems I bought and paid for I think it would be fare but this only only happened because of the update
  • Joel it did work I was able to get back on my game. But no one can't blame me for being mad
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Do you have any more details on what the cause of the issue actually is? It's hard to troubleshoot with just the solutions given and no background information. I've installed and reinstalled Dungeon Boss on NoxPlayer, Bluestacks, and Memu, 3 emulators which I've also uninstalled and reinstalled, all to no avail (as expected). I cannot use my phone as a hotspot device because I've got a pathetic data limit which I use up within the first week of every month so that is not an option for me.
  • Changing to a different hotspot still didn't work.. is there any other method..?
  • I went to McDonald's to do the update
  • Before the Network Error message it says to me:

Failure to initiatize!
    Your hardware does not support this application, sorry!

Never said before...
  • I still cannot enter in the game after the release of the update.

I tried switching net connection, wifi-roaming, wifi-wifi and everything.
    Unistalled and re installed, but still it keeps saying there are problems with the net.

74bevh1hox1k.png

I sent also a ticket to Dungeon Boss, even being saturday no idea when and how they will fix it...

• BryanBryan Member
    edited August 13
    Joel wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we've determined that this issue is device and local-network related, and therefore something that we are unable to interact with from our end. Something is going wrong between your device and the network that you are using to connect, which is why changing networks has proven to be a reliable solution. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and/or emulator, but we cannot guarantee that would work. If you have access to any phones or other devices that can double as a hotspot, connecting to the game via them even for a moment seems to fix the issue. We understand that this is not an ideal situation by any means, but it is the reality of the situation. :(

@Joel

I just logged in this morning with one of my accounts on an emulator and I'm receiving a similar network connectivity issue. I'm just curious how troubleshooting on your end determined this a client side issue, considering that BlueStacks emulated Dungeon Boss sessions were able to connect without issue before the patch. Are you at liberty to tell us what changes to network connectivity were made to Dungeon Boss within the last patch. I've been troubleshooting systems (harware & software) for 20 years now and If my organization dumped a patch on our customer's clients which caused an issue that was not previously there, I'm pretty sure blaming it on multiple clients' system which were previously working fine would not go over very well.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • osmimaosmima Member
    I have the same issue. I tried everything, uninstalling, installing, multiple android emulators (nox, bluestacks,memu...)changing networks (even using my mobile like a hotspot) and nothing, still saying the same: "Network Error, Failed to connect to the server. Check your internet connection then close and re-open your game"

[img][/img]2xamhirabi7x.png
    tps://us.v-cdn.net/5022341/uploads/editor/zi/5esca702b7ed.png

• BryanBryan Member
    I'm digging into it now. I am lucky enough to have an account which has not been patched and one that has both running on the same emulator. The account which has not been patched is able to connect just fine.

Key Differences I am seeing thus far, is that the newly patched account is making a call for a configuration file via InputMapper:

Cannot open configuration file C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\Engine\UserData\InputMapper\UserFiles\com.bigfishgames.dungeonbossf2pgoogle.cfg

There is no configuration file there. The old version of Dungeon Boss does not appear to look for said configuration file. I'm not 100% sure why that would call a fail to connect, but it's clear there is an issue.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    edited August 13
    For anyone still unable to login using an emulator sirrolk99 posted a 'workaround' on this post:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/comment/231230#Comment_231230

Basically manually download & install the pre-patch version.
  • BryanBryan Member
    Thanks for the link. I just reverted to 0.5.10011 in a sandbox and everything is fine. It's amazing how falling back a software release fixes it, since the "issue is device and local-network related"...
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • Joel, I have a question this will be my last post on this matter. I have been playing fine before the first update then along comes that very first update and now nothing worked. The response was are equipment was at fault so I had to go way into town to do my update. Well, it worked fine till today guess what cannot log in.again. I have tried everything to log back on still nothing. This is on your end Joel period. I have been playing before the introduction of runs and I'm on a pension from being a veteran. This means Joel it took me a long time to get to VIP 10 over 1500$ spent gone wasted on a game I can no longer play. I'm being removed from the guild unable to do my pvp and the list goes on. So the hat is dungeon boss gonna do they did give anyone compensation. I lost MONEY MONEY MONEY !! All I can get you don't know when or if there is gonna be a fix!!! No sir I don't like that and if anyone says different that's because they are playing. Will you give me back my money?
    Hey @REDROCKER55. This is the first I've heard of someone fixing the connection issue and then encountering it again. What is the username of the account you're trying to connect with, and is this on the same device that you were using earlier?