You know what really grinds my gears

You know what really grinds my gears?
-When the first floor in my tower is a barb or assassin team
-when people say pontifex is the worst legendary hero when aria is
-when i spend 3mil gems to get indigo but get valkin instead
-when i try 2 mil times to get an epic yet still fail
-when i don't get comments on my heroes that STRONGLY hate eachother posts
-when i press an ability but my hero still uses their basic attack
-when i only get 1 celestial evo from quick looting a dungeon 1mil times during evo extravaganza

*And many more*

Comment what really grinds your gears below

Comments

• hatredhatred Member
    1. It sucks but its better than having multiple floors worth of them
    2. Aria has utility as the +1 to the assassin team. She does not perform as well as a +1 compared to emily or shadowblade, and she is stupid hard to ascend, but if for whatever reason you cant or wont use Emily/SB Aria can have a solid performance. Ponti doesn't really have a place on any meta teams, even as a replacement.
    3. Valkin is much better than indigo you should be happy
    4. Thats rough
    5. ?
    6. The lag can be bad sometimes, i always wait for the full previous input to finish before I play
    7. Its widely known evo extravaganza is a scam, pvp and tower is a way better way to get evos.

What grinds my gears is when I lose to a random dodge from runes on a hero that normally can't dodge.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    when people say pontifex is the worst legendary hero when aria is
    Did somebody mention Pontifex Mortis?

I don't use Aria, but this dude posted a cool video of her causing mayhem in this thread.
    omegathree wrote: »
    I see this is a little old, but just returning in the last 2 months, I find the same thing..a little ridiculous.
    So enjoy this battle..I started the video after all my attack team dead but Aria, and defender Solaris had already did 1 team resurrection so far..

Give me an example of Ponti doing anything significant and maybe I'll change my mind. :)
    hatred wrote: »
    Valkin is much better than indigo you should be happy
    Yeah. Indigo doesn't feel like a finished character to me. You look at her unascended state and see Rapid Fire; okay, a silence on a fast character is always going to be useful, so let's check out her first ascension. Then you see she gets +energy for the whole team when she scores a crit, along with an aoe (so another ability with multiple opportunities to land a crit); whoa, that's amazing, I can't wait to see what she unlocks when she fully ascends! Then you ascend her once, look at what she gets for the final ascension, and then see it's Sloth Shot and nothing but Sloth Shot. This is what it must be like to get coal in your Christmas stocking.
  • Aria is better than pontifex, even though aria could use a buff. Pontifex is squishy, even at 6 stars. He has lot's of base attack, comparable to a hero with an epic already. But, he doesn't debuff. No armor pierce, no nothing. This dude used to be a legend in PvP, but since then every hero that released just had more utility than him, and he became outdated. Doom Bolt is still one of the strongest attacks in the game, but he'll never get the chance to use it. Hopefully he'll be reworked soon.

He should at least have his basic attack changed to Doom Bolt (with some reduced damage, but still making it the strongest single hit base attack) and with Dark Paralysis, a debuff that cannot be cleansed and is a guaranteed stun. Chaos Storm could be like Sapping Vines, but every round it steals one buff from the enemy team and replaces it with a debuff that was on his team. It could last 4 rounds and also deal exceptional damage.
  • Deathriftx wrote: »
    Aria is better than pontifex, even though aria could use a buff. Pontifex is squishy, even at 6 stars. He has lot's of base attack, comparable to a hero with an epic already. But, he doesn't debuff. No armor pierce, no nothing. This dude used to be a legend in PvP, but since then every hero that released just had more utility than him, and he became outdated. Doom Bolt is still one of the strongest attacks in the game, but he'll never get the chance to use it. Hopefully he'll be reworked soon.

He should at least have his basic attack changed to Doom Bolt (with some reduced damage, but still making it the strongest single hit base attack) and with Dark Paralysis, a debuff that cannot be cleansed and is a guaranteed stun. Chaos Storm could be like Sapping Vines, but every round it steals one buff from the enemy team and replaces it with a debuff that was on his team. It could last 4 rounds and also deal exceptional damage.

Fine pontifex is a little terrible but he's definitely not the worst hero in general
  • but he's the worst legendary. Rogar is actually kinda better now. That's just sad.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 10
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    Aria is better than pontifex, even though aria could use a buff. Pontifex is squishy, even at 6 stars. He has lot's of base attack, comparable to a hero with an epic already. But, he doesn't debuff. No armor pierce, no nothing. This dude used to be a legend in PvP, but since then every hero that released just had more utility than him, and he became outdated. Doom Bolt is still one of the strongest attacks in the game, but he'll never get the chance to use it. Hopefully he'll be reworked soon.

Nice!

While we're at it, Ponti could start each dungeon with an updated version of Grave Digger's defensive boosts. Instead of +% def and +water resist% (lol) it could reduce damage by 25%, the downside being that it loses a stack each time Ponti gets hit. It starts at three stacks. That way he might live long enough to cast something.
  • I think Grave Digger should be able to be cast on a dead ally to revive them, sorta like Shade's Possession but he doesn't possess them. It would last for 3 turns and the ally cannon die in those turns unless the reanimation is purged. If it is purged earlier on, the reanimation is automatically cut short.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 10
    Deathriftx wrote: »
    I think Grave Digger should be able to be cast on a dead ally to revive them, sorta like Shade's Possession but he doesn't possess them. It would last for 3 turns and the ally cannon die in those turns unless the reanimation is purged. If it is purged earlier on, the reanimation is automatically cut short.
    It would be cool if the ally counted as an undead family member while the buff was active, and so eligible for the various undead bonuses Ponti/Zomm/Han/etc. give to undead folk. Lily can turn any nature allies into plant family members, so it's not impossible to code or anything.