Patch Notes: August 16th, 2018 (Bovus El Doro Rework!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Bovus El Doro Rework:
  • Attack+, Defense+, Skill+, Health+
  • Stampede no longer changes the speed of enemies. Instead, it now has a chance to wound the initial target (all enemies still take damage, the initial target is the particular enemy you tap on). Cooldown has been reduced from 7 to 5.
  • Purging Smash is now Purging Cleave. This ability does an armor-piercing melee physical attack on a target and purges 3 buffs on hit. If the target is killed by this attack, 3 buffs are purged from all remaining enemies. This ability starts powered. Cooldown: 3.
  • Grisly Rampage is now Savage Rampage. This ability does a melee physical attack on a target and then does additional attacks on random enemies equal to the amount of Beast and/or Warrior allies on the team. This includes Bovus, so the attack will do at least 2 hits. Heroes with both the Beast and Warrior tags will only add 1 hit to this attack, meaning this ability can do up to 5 hits.
  • Bovus no longer has the Armored or Field Dressing passives.
  • Bovus now gets the Challenge Accepted passive, which allows him to deal boosted damage to enemies that are Taunting.
  • Bovus' Warrior Heart ability has been upgraded. It now increases the health of all Warrior allies by 15%/20%/25%, upgrading as he ascends. It also gives Bovus +10% attack for each other Warrior ally on the team.
  • Bovus now gets the Gladiator passive after being ascended once. This passive allows him to regenerate some health at the end of each round, and when he kills an enemy, he gets a War-Cry buff, which temporarily increases his attack, defense, and skill.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Disappointed, the summit said "reworks" yet we only got one. I really was looking forward to a full-on rework for some of our weak warriors, not just 1.

(P.S, the new hero next week better not be a beast.) I'm very serious.
  • @Deathriftx nope I’m positive it said “rework” , but it’s a good rework nonetheless
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • Also there’s a typo with his gladiator passive - it says “when this hero kills and enemy” when it should say “when this hero kills an enemy”
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • williamwilliam Member
    edited August 16
    Disappointed thought it would be a big rework nothing changed tbh just same old useless bovus
  • No it says an enemy not and enemy
  • In my opinion this would’ve been a perfect oppurtunity to fix heroes like Augustus and Astrid instead of Bovus who wasn’t the worst of them.

This rework was still nice to have though, always liked Bovus’ design and this makes him even bulkier than before
    Favorite hero: Lupina
    Just a player looking to interact with the community in a peaceful manner
  • Why get rid of his armored stat???
  • I really don’t like this rework especially since he didn’t need one. Might as well call it what it actually is- a nerf.
  • Wow... he's not armored anymore...what genius thought of that lol. He probably evens out the warrior team but just...why no armor...
  • @DankWolf right ! I myself was rooting for an Augustus or Astrid rework to my guildies! Astird just needs a small rework though, her passives are nice but her last two abilities are very similar. Augustus too has good passives but could use smaller ability cool downs and some stat increases
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I like the trend of making class matter more.
  • I've always been fond of Bovus since I began playing DB.

(Can't understand the armor removal, unless of course you'll be able to purchase it separately in the shop...)
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    The way his Gladiator ability is worded in-game is poor:

"When this hero kills and enemy they gain a War Cry Buff..." 1) spelling error 2) makes it sound like the killed enemy is the one who gains the War Cry buff
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    Whoa my bovus isn't even a 6 star, runed or max level and he still has 12k health that's awesome! Plus does he really need armored? All he has are shoulder pads and knee pads on his original skin
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Give him his Armor back! D: But otherwise, awesome changes. Kind of sad how Stampede works, it was already over-shadowed by Grog-Gnog. Maybe at least make it have a chance to Wound non-target enemies?
  • danacdanac Member
    Give him his Armor back! D: But otherwise, awesome changes. Kind of sad how Stampede works, it was already over-shadowed by Grog-Gnog. Maybe at least make it have a chance to Wound non-target enemies?

remember when Stampede lowered energy instead?
    They should have reverted that back.

• Theory that is purely wishful thinking: All characters with the 2,500 gems deal in the event shop will get reworks very soon. Why else did they choose those characters to be in the shop? (This is purely wishful thinking. I know its wrong.)
  • Yeah this is disappointing at best, not a particularly good rework with removal of armor and removal of the slow. If the new stampede wounded the target and had a chance to wound everyone else might be ok. Armored should have stayed. Actually thinking about stampede should have been better to leave the slow and just give Bovis a passive to have a chance to wound on hit. Then he "might" see some use.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If Stampede lowered enemy Atk for 2 turns, I guarantee you’d see a lot of Bovus usage!
  • danac wrote: »

Totally agree, when they changed form energy reduction to slow it was a nerf, then Grog totally overshadowed Bovus, and now his AOE attack doesn't even get an AOE debuff effect?

With so many PvP viable characters being invulnerable to debuffs anyway, the single wound effect is just meh. I like wound as a debuff, but only the target? Makes Bovus useless targeting Agnon, Emily and Valkin.

As for the armor, why? Armor is both a plus and a minus, but in his skin he couldn't look more armored.
  • @Joel are you considering reworking/adding new heros to the monster family?
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I don't want to promise anything specific, but we're keeping our eyes on the monster family. :)
  • danac wrote: »

Totally agree, when they changed form energy reduction to slow it was a nerf, then Grog totally overshadowed Bovus, and now his AOE attack doesn't even get an AOE debuff effect?

With so many characters being invulnerable to debuffs anyway, the single wound effect is just meh. I like wound as a debuff, but only the target? Makes Bovus fairly useless targeting Agnon, Emily and Valkin.

As for removing armored, why? Armor is both a plus and a minus anyway, and in his skin he couldn't look more armored.
  • If he had exhaustion he would be very good. This is because one could combine him with takumi to leave opponents unable to use special attacks for a while do to chill. If zurk gets buffed any become fast he'll be able to do this. Goblins are strong, but lack 3 things. Survivbility, Immunities, and Damage Pent. They just need a small buff so they can be on the "Barbarian Standard".
  • Joel wrote: »
    I don't want to promise anything specific, but we're keeping our eyes on the monster family. :)

Hmmmmmmm. Eye see what your going for.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Eye have no eyedea what you're talking about. Nothing to see here.

What do you call Pignius Maximus with no eyes? Pgnus Maxmus!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • @Joel - *laughs in eye*
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid

Eye eye eye!
  • Oh no you dont @Joel. Rework Goblins before monsters, as all the monsters are in good shape right now but lack synergy, so there isn't a reason to use them together. Goblins have synergy, but lack survivability. Goblin Dance Party is basically just Steel Sharpens Steel at this point, but without a bonus attack.