If I knew it before ...

Folks,
Is there anything you wouldn't have done if you knew it before?
For me, I wouldn't have ascended Yoko so that he would not use Taunt and prevent others from using their specials in defense. Totally destroy the bovus, yoko, tsume combo.
And I wouldn't have wasted golds purchasing those 400 xp portions. I really thought it was a good deal but it turns out that I have so many in surplus.
What's your biggest regret?

Comments

• What level are you? I can see a big xp deficit coming up and I'm lv 42. I wish I bought more 400xp potions when I could, now I buy every single one.

I would not have levelled up Squinch's Playing With Fire, or Torchy's basic attack. I would not have accepted xp quests either. A few regrets, but nothing major.
    McNoob
  • Spending gems on portal during the Balog event.... Why do I have to be so impulsive when I first start playing games...
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• Kaildaka wrote: »
    Using gems to buy the 100,000 gold to level up heroes -_-

This and I wouldn't have spent gems on portals/stamina to get igorok and Julius. I'm never going to get them higher than 3 stars and the rarity of their evos is just stupid. I never use either hero.
  • Dingus wrote: »
    What level are you? I can see a big xp deficit coming up and I'm lv 42. I wish I bought more 400xp potions when I could, now I buy every single one.

I would not have levelled up Squinch's Playing With Fire, or Torchy's basic attack. I would not have accepted xp quests either. A few regrets, but nothing major.

@Dingus I'm slowing playing and F2P, only lvl 31, so that I can almost win each tournament without spending too many gems. I heard about the xp deficit at higher levels but that was because people wanted to play with all the heroes. Since I only use about 18-20 heroes, I think it is not necessary to purchase xp at all. At least that what I was told in a previous post when I asked the question whether should we purchase xp portion.
  • Savage wrote: »
    i spent 10000 gems to 5 Star Julius one day before he went into Heroic :( :heartbreak:

@Savage wow that's brutal.
  • This thread sickens me...hearing about 10k on Julius and balog..oh god balog..poor guys
    Slingin' Fries since Dec 2015
    The Potato Army
    DB_Sig_Potato_kaildaka_zpsscmimvi1.png
  • I did bought coins using gems before. I bought 400xp potion before like a lot.
    But I don't regret that much...
    The only two regrets I have is spending 1200 gems in one "Celestial in the Portal" event, and levelling up too fast.
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    The Greatest Evo Farming Master
  • @bisu I had the exact same thoughts as you all the way to level 40, I had too much xp, I could never imagine it would be a problem. Then the xp deficit hit me at level 41 because simply doing dungeons was not enough xp anymore and I needed potions. And I realised this problem will grow exponentially from now on. I recommend keeping your 400xp potions at max in preparation.
    McNoob
    @bisu I had the exact same thoughts as you all the way to level 40, I had too much xp, I could never imagine it would be a problem. Then the xp deficit hit me at level 41 because simply doing dungeons was not enough xp anymore and I needed potions. And I realised this problem will grow exponentially from now on. I recommend keeping your 400xp potions at max in preparation.

@Dingus are you serious? How many heroes do you play with?
  • Around 18 at the moment. But yeah doing dungeons alone will not level them up anymore, I need to add potions and I can see them running out soon especially since I didn't bother buying the 400xp ones at all. I can see it getting so bad I did my first xp island yesterday lol!
    McNoob
    Around 18 at the moment. But yeah doing dungeons alone will not level them up anymore, I need to add potions and I can see them running out soon especially since I didn't bother buying the 400xp ones at all. I can see it getting so bad I did my first xp island yesterday lol!

@Dingus I think with xp island, you should not have troubles right? Anyway, I think I'll keep my golds for the moment and see how things go at higher level.
  • I really don't know, to give you an idea: I had 999 20xp and 100xp potions and they are all gone now at lv42. If I level again I will start eating into my 400xp potions so in two levels time I can see myself running out of potions. And then I won't be able to keep all my heroes levelled up the same as my player level. So yeah I'm digging in and buying all the 400xp potions and doing xp island now. I wonder if I will be able to keep up, maybe I'll have to scale down to 10 heroes or even less eventually.
    McNoob
  • I'm at level 41 and been having to use up 20 and 100 xp potions to not overflow (never use the higher ones just collecting). But I am only keeping 10-12 heroes leveled. Also, as of level 39, I quit accepting quest XP. Additionally, I only quick loot when I absolutely don't have the time to use my stamina.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • I wouldn't summon unlocked heroes unless/until I really needed them so that future unlocks would also give the full amount of tokens to unlock instead of the "token" 15/25/35.
  • I regret waiting until level 32 to discover I should not be accepting wooden chests and xp quest awards. That really limited my hero power and gold stash. I'm doing fine now since I have slowed down my rate of leveling.
  • stubabystubaby Member
    edited February 2017
    Old
    Post edited by stubaby on
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Nothing. I do what I want. If someone is ascended it's because I use them more. heck I even use Dagrund.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Upgraded Emily's revive from level one for the BRUTAL kill potential of Tsume at less than 20%.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • I regret getting level 18 in my first day of playing. I bought 3 stamina refreshes that day and spended my gems so unwisely that I think I bought gold to do great summons.

Just imagining how we could be right now if we knew the stuff that we know now....
    When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the potato master.
    Yeah the amount of gold spent (and gems wasted buying more gold) is a bit... well there's always a learning curve right? :neutral:
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
  • That was before Gold Island and Gold for Honour Scrolls though, back then gold was extremely hard to get! I remember buying a few of them too. But I really should have just been not accepting the xp quests...
    McNoob
  • "Gotta get to level 60 so I can be with the pros"- me first day of playing.
    When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the potato master.
  • JjnJjn Member
    edited November 2015
    JoeyCipp wrote: »
    One time I bought 250k gold for 125 gems at least 7 times in a row. Looking back, I don't know why I would ever do that lol

I spent gems to buy gold and then use gold to buy 400xp portions.....and I thought I'm clever because it is cheaper than buying xp portion directly with gems.
  • For me it was just not farming tokens during both bramble events..... I didn't really understand at the time that bramble was an event only hero. (And yes, I know he's in the vip summon, but I'm only vip 3...)
    Zernium
  • @Jjn you beat me there... Lol
    Jjn wrote: »
    JoeyCipp wrote: »
    One time I bought 250k gold for 125 gems at least 7 times in a row. Looking back, I don't know why I would ever do that lol

I spent gems to buy gold and then use gold to buy 400xp portions.....and I thought I'm clever because it is cheaper than buying xp portion directly with gems.

>:)
    @Zernium yeah I totally ignored the first Bramble event and then it hit me and I was set on 5*ing him next time around. That is another one. Not realizing how serious it was to some of these heroes. Had I known man... I'm still working on Ponti!
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards