Error: Failed to connect to the server. Check your connection and try again.

Hi. I haven't been able to log in for the last 10 hours or so. I keep getting the following error message: "Error: Failed to connect to the server. Check your connection and try again."

There's nothing wrong with my connection, and there's nothing I can do (onscreen) other than try to log in again.

Any fix to this? I'm pretty sure that if I delete the app and reinstall I'll lose everything.

Help.

Comments

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm in game and getting connections errors. I think with this weekend's event we're starting to see some growing pains...
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • This seems to have fixed itself 10ish hours later. I can connect to the game now.

However, the dungeon raid tournament only had 1 day left last night, now it has a day and 15 hours. Did tournaments switch to 3 days long mid tournament?

Did your raid tournament end times change?
    TBH I rarely pay attention to tourney times. After the daily 2 wins I'm kind of meh at this point. I'm still making the climb... After that though, when I'm in the end game. You will all fear me >:)
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
  • It's kind of shocking the lack of attention this problem is getting. No announcements from the devs? Come on.
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
    @BrianAlt past experience has shown that the team chooses to work through issues and then once resolved comment.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Server maintenance, Hacking, overuse of spam. Lots of stuff can cause a server to go down. Who knows what it was.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• It's better to say, "we acknowledge the problem and we are working on it." Silence = death.
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
    No Silence means that instead of going online and telling everyone about the issue we're actually sorting through the coding to find the issue. Silence = Progress.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Yeah. It takes hours to post WORKING ON IT. Would slow down the process immeasurably.
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
    Silence is not death... lack of positive development is death. Even with zero communication as long as the app/game/whatever keeps doing what it's supposed to be doing, well and hopefully better than everyone else it'll be fine. Just give them time. You'll see.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • Obviously you should keep your playerbase as happy as possible and the players always want to know that the problem is being looked at. It doesn't require hours and hours of communication taking time from the sollution just a few seconds. It's easily worth it.
  • Easily worth it. Way less customer support emails to respond to. And social proof that the team is on it so nobody has to worry about anything.
    I could name you 5 companies in a moment that barely (if ever !!) ever communicate anything and clearly they are not hurting by the number of IGP they get on an annual basis.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • To be clear, I fully respect the time needed to fix a problem. Things can be very complicated at times. I'm only looking for an "on it" notification so we know someone is actually on it. Otherwise we sit here wondering if anyone cares.
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
    edited September 2015
    Not trying to start an argument on merit (not sure if that is the right word, not feeling right but can't think of something more appropriate) but honestly no company seems to really care about those things anymore. No matter what the issues are and what level or scale of importance even when they do have an "on it" system I tend to find they have a list of things that they are currently working on yet rarely if ever actually change in status. Plus in this instance specially where would they put it? During the loading screen that isn't working? On the forums that only a small percentage of players read? Again not trying to be funny but I can understand why companies no a days just fix things and give you an update/recap later. I will say however I am not a fan of zero updates and/or blank changelogs that pisses me off to no end.
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Hero Cards
  • @Eos I hear ya. Meanwhile, it's a lot more stable right now. (There's an update.)
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
    When the game stops working I go sketching!
    gyab3d9qbxj4.jpg
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Rest assured, we are indeed looking into this issue. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com