Challenge Mode Chapter 18 Creon's Ice

Feels like I've tried everything to beat this dungeon! Any tips on what team to bring along?

Comments

• Thanks! Finally beat it yesterday with Julius, Nubnub, Emily, and Stone Fist.
  • @tylandia21 Thank you for the team suggestion. I had trouble with this dungeon even at level 70. I used 2 heal pots and 1 Rez pot and made it through using your team. Unchillable Stone Fist taunting was very helpful against the last boss. Thanks again!
  • @fightstuff glad it worked out for you!
  • I've tried all of these team ideas for Creon's Ice and I still end up losing when I get up to the boss. My Player Level is 65, so should I just wait until I'm level 70, or do something else?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • RooskerRoosker Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm having a horrible time with this dungeon. Can anyone help me out? I have 3*ed every dungeon previous to this in challenge mode and will retreat if anyone dies.
  • RooskerRoosker Member
    edited April 2016
    I have tried a construct team, green team, anti-chill team, and augustus ekko team, and if the guys in the rooms before the boss don't kill my guys, the boss stomps them hard.
  • I stopped here after challenge mode double token ended. 3 starred it this weekend with level 65 6* FA non blessed Ponti, Icebloom, Stonefist, Nub. In boss room, make sure to alternate Stonefist's taunt and Icebloom's redirect. When one expires, use the other. Save Fist of Justice for when Nub's healing expires. You have to survive two rounds without a heal here. Use FoJ, Stout Team, and Haste on SF (for the dodge chance). Make sure Nub goes after SF so that haste isn't used immediately. Good luck.
  • Just tried with level 66 6* FA Ponti, Augustus, Stonefist, Nub. I would have 3* if I hadn't had Augustus exposed between taunts for one turn with Aegis Shield on. I completed it and it was my mistake that missed the 3*. That team is doable. I would rerun it but too close to bedtime and it takes forever.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • I just got smashed at the end.

I had Igor, StoneFist, Thumper (Green team tank that thumps the ground) and NubNub. At the final boss, have burnt the first minion down and the boss rages and stomps StoneFist dead from full health. StoneFist is 6*FA and hes one hit.

WTF?
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited May 2016
    I discovered that Julius is awesome here. Julius is the perfect color as nature and does extra damage to taunts. If you keep Stonefist perma-taunted (using Icebloom) Julius will always be full health for fully rested extra damage. Monkey See is also exceptional here in this attrition battle. If you're lucky Julius's barrel toss will daze or shock the boss which helps a lot.

Make sure that every enemy attack turn to always have up NubNub's bonus def for party or Stonefist's weaken on boss. Don't leave up a turn where neither are up. This way boss is less likely to 1hko Stonefist (which should only happen if he's lucky and crits anyways). Also using haste on Stonefist when you can helps him dodge sometimes too.

The tidespear goons can bypass Stonefist's taunt but they usually go for Icebloom so keep her healed always.

Julius, Icebloom, Stonefist, NubNub

Keep perputual taunt on Stonefist using him and Icebloom. If you miss even one turn on final boss (and sometimes even in the other parts of the level) you WILL be punished.
  • VkwVkw Member
    edited May 2016
    I barely 3* this originally. I'm cleaning up my 3*'s and did this last night with CKB, Zurk, Nub & Julius. Never really in trouble of dying, most annoying thing was chilled effect. Had to use a couple pots I think to reset, but Zurk helped a bunch with his crits. Pretty clean and easy.

Edit: CKB is 4* FA, Julius is 5* FA, other 2 are 6* FA
  • Vkw wrote: »
    I barely 3* this originally. I'm cleaning up my 3*'s and did this last night with CKB, Zurk, Nub & Julius. Never really in trouble of dying, most annoying thing was chilled effect. Had to use a couple pots I think to reset, but Zurk helped a bunch with his crits. Pretty clean and easy.

Edit: CKB is 4* FA, Julius is 5* FA, other 2 are 6* FA

Brilliant. I took CBK, Zurk, StoneFist and NubNub and smashed them.

CBK and the goblin bonus, had CBK and Zurk have two, three and once four goes in a row which would destroy a platform.
  • dLight26dLight26 Member
    edited May 2016
    I 3* it with Yoko Julius Tsume Nub.
    Go fear boss makes it easier, boss is so tanky.

3 energy ofc, chill makes to hard to sumo.
  • Gmanju wrote: »

Executum and Augustus was blessed at that time but I'd recommend blessing all 4 if possible if nit at least executum.

Why? Blessings only affect green heroes in an all-blue dungeon.

• kpung07kpung07 Member
    edited May 2016
    Just got to this one and was looking around for team suggestions. That said not sure it's even worth trying at level 61.

Edit: got to the boss no problem with 6*Tsume, 6*Stonefist, 6*Phemus, and 6*NubNub and thought hey I got a shot at this. Then the boss 1 shots my full health taunting Phemus WTH.
  • 4tom4tom Member
    Did it at lvl 58 with Yoko, Ekko, Indigo, Blacksmoke.

It was really tough... toughest dungeon so far I think.
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Took about 10 tries to get the right team for me to clear and 3 star this one. Warning this is a really slow clear with this team but with all the healing and defense buffing I was never in any real danger.

IMG_1569.png
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Just completed it first try for 3 stars at level 55 with Furnace, Indigo, Augustus and Dagrund. Took a really long time to clear, but did it. Hardest part was early on with the untauntable cyclops and then with the boss fight the chill on Augustus and Dagrund was tricky.

jqowovvq7rut.png

yypyp6g6ee9z.png

• 4tom4tom Member
    Congrats, that is nice!
    zntCIcd.gif
  • Yoko , Ekko , Augustus and nub
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• Perhaps this will help

• Not sure why it's so tough for you guys, as I beat it on my first try...
    01yga3dbuzqm.png
    Zernium
  • melkiomelkio Member
    edited June 2016
    @Zernium because you're lvl 67 :)

did this after 4-5 tries (got bad luck in 1, very bad luck in 2 and a couple were lost by my mistake (read: not perfect strategy))

using augustus julius stonefist nub (6-4-5-6 stars, lv 57 and FA)

not sure if the best order is augy or julius first, for a variety of reasons.. but augy first worked on 1st-2nd try, so why not :)

as for the strategy:

Julius: use barrel and monkey sight only with numerous mobs, so they can be exploited fully, OR if you need to avoid one possible chill

Augustus: i used his smite to remove the taunts, allowing julius to hit where i want (cyclops or weaker cubes in boss room, this is why i put aaugy 1st)

Stonefist: almost always taunt up. save fist of justice for those turns where taunt goes down. do not taunt if a mob is almost dead

Nub: his heal should start together with SF's taunt. otherwise use haste on an ally to give him some dodge (still suggest to heal, i even used one blue potion just for a 1-turn cooldown).

with this standard strategy, the first 3 rooms are a nice walk, and you have to get really unlucky not to succeed.

for the boss room, it is good to have as many energy potions as possible. this were my kendos

-stonefist will stand 3 non crit atks, not 4, at full life.
    -julius gets 1-shotted by the boss on basic atk
    -take down the small first and the boss later (one at once, 2 is nonsense)
    -there are a variety of tools that will help you not being one shotted: daze from barrel and pound (julius, unreliable), haste from nub (decent), weaken from stonefist (do not rely on this to keep julius alive) and tough team from nub (same), heal from augustus (remove chilled by a character and the boss will likely atk another one, i saved my julius this way), and of course aegis wall.

the battle with the boss is incredibly long (took me an hour), so no way you can burn him down. key to success is to never stack the aforementioned tools unnecessarily, and learn the perfect timing betwen them. chill allowing, ofcourse (haven't been very lucky with it, i've cycled augy's and julius' abilities once in the whole fight)

hope this helps the lowest levels and whoever else
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 2016
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Took about 10 tries to get the right team for me to clear and 3 star this one. Warning this is a really slow clear with this team but with all the healing and defense buffing I was never in any real danger.

IMG_1569.png

Thanks for the team! I could get to the boss room with other teams but then chill would ruin me. Took a LONG time at level 63.
  • Intensify chill FTL
  • So using monkeyhunter's team leaves your chill-vulnerable melee hero open to the devastating intensify chill. Basically a one shot. This is easy to work around. I swapped phemus for yoko because I wanted the increased damage and freedom to hit whoever. Loss of yoko's daze wasn't a big deal.

Stonefist is your taunter. I didn't taunt with phemus once, you don't want to for the boss nor did I throughout the level. Once you hit the boss room, the important thing is to keep yasmin's shield on phemus. He will get chilled and the boss will target him with intensify chill once taunt drops (goodbye 3 star). The timing should work so stonefist's taunt isn't down for more than a turn. I put nub's haste on yasmin as insurance during tauntless rounds since she is weakest. It really doesn't take long to finish with phemus's damage output. I brought one heal that I used early on for yaz and two energy pots that I didn't touch.

Lvl 70 all 6 star FA
  • Green goblins + stone fist. Best comp for this map imho.
    6176551?gid=