What is "Battle Ready" power?

I just attacked a dungeon with heroes boosted by something called "Battle Ready" I have never seen it before and am not familiar with it.

The defenders were Julius, Nub Nub, Pignus and Augustus. I attacked with Bovus, Therhand, Tsume, and Torchy.

The first thing I did was silence Julius with LOCK JAW. It did not do as much damage as I anticipated. THEN Julius used an ability of some sort I didn't see. When I examined the defenders, I saw they were all boosted by a BLUE power called "Battle Ready" which boosted all their hit points by 40%.

I googled the power and can't seem to find it, nor link it to any of the defending heroes. I tried playing back the fight, but the battle won't play beyond the initial entrance.

Is this an event boost? Or is the defender doing something unscrupulous?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure it's the 40% hp boost to PvP heroes. It was added to all heroes in PvP to make PvP more interesting and diffrent, it was in a major update some time ago. Just a way to make PvP more interesting and differentiate from tower of pwnage.
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Pipe901 is correct. You can see the pvp change notes here where they added the 40% boost to all heroes in pvp.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Also, I think this should be self explanitory, but both the offense and defense heroes get the 40% hp boost. This makes strategy a bit more important in the game rather than using powerful teams. I like that, but I don't have enough high star heroes to actually use them all effectively. But, I defintely think PvP is better after this change.
  • Pipe901 wrote: »
    Also, I think this should be self explanitory, but both the offense and defense heroes get the 40% hp boost.
    Yeah, but OP clearly only checked the opponents and instead of checking if the attackers also had the same boost decided to accuse the defender of cheating...
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @MaCoPi Chill, he's just late to finding out about it, I would've thought the same if I didn't know.