Ways we can make Bovus more Overpowered? Hmm...lets make him silence immune and not tell anyone!

You guys are just messing with us now I believe... LoL

Comments

• Why did you think I changed to a Bovus first defense as soon as I saw the announcement? I assumed a bunch of people would miss the announcement and I will chalk up some easy victories.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If you see a defense with Bovus in the first Normal slot, just bring Ekko.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Why does everyone think only Bovus has the "Blind Rage" Passive, or just think to bovus at first glance. It's not too big of a deal, Ekko still counters Bovus just as fine.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • gmungmun Member
    edited March 2016
    Bovus Icebloom Igo Ekko presents a few problems though lol...

I think they do these types of PVP events so they can test out new traits and maybe see if they want to introduce a silence immune hero into the game. I have no problem with it, changes like this for just a few days are always fun.

Gmun
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    First off, it's all beasts.

Secondly, it's just for a couple days.

Chill.
  • gmungmun Member
    I don't know if you were talking to me, but I edited my post in case you were misinterpreting it. I have no problem with this pvp change for a few days. Actually it will be fun.
    Gmun
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I can't wait for Friday.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Infin8Infin8 Member
    edited March 2016
    "Hmm...lets make him silence immune and not tell anyone!"xv38zk692ow9.png
    First and foremost, they definatley told is about the change but I have seen a couple others who haven't got the memo.
    Now I actually think these sort of events are brilliant, it forces temporary shifts in the meta. Makes you have to think about who your going to send rather than just silence the 1st normal and disable. Well...when I say think, I mean take 3 seconds to remember Ekko exists and then you can raid to your hearts content!
    Thankyou for the post, it has brought some knowledgeable people in to give some helpful advice.

Edit: After reading further on other posts regarding the same thing, it appears that the beast event pop up appeared after the silence changed. If this is the case then I do apologise, the pop up showed when I started pvp 2 hours after the end of the previous tournament.
    IGN: lnfin8 / Level: 36
    Proud Potato
    Most Hated Evo: Subterranian
    Status on db: Retired

• risingtiderisingtide Member
    edited March 2016
    daexe9j2lein.png
    Infin8...that's exactly what happened to me. I didn't get the Beast pop up ad until around 7AM central. I logged in at 5AM and began knocking out my crown quests for the day only to get destroyed by a Bovus that should have been silenced. It's all good though...it was only the one loss...just wish they would give us a warning (like the 24 hours until double pawnage) before they make a change that significant. I love the game and have generally no complaints with it.
  • I got the beast silence pop up at midnight central. Right when the previous pvp event changed. Not sure why it would have been different for anyone else assuming the event went live for everyone at the same time....Maybe your app was already open and to view the new event details it had to be reset?
  • gmun wrote: »
    Bovus Icebloom Igo Ekko presents a few problems though lol...

I think they do these types of PVP events so they can test out new traits and maybe see if they want to introduce a silence immune hero into the game. I have no problem with it, changes like this for just a few days are always fun.

I think you just hit the nail on the head guaranteed we will have a silence immune hero coming soon.
  • @risingtide if it makes you feel any better all through the tourney I've been raiding with the knowledge that bovus' (and all other beasts) are silence immune...
    ...on a +40 raid I randomly forgot this and sent torchy to silence their bovus. It did not end well!
    GL with your tournament anyway!
    As far as silence immune heroes go they recently released furnace so it's unlikely we will get annother for a little while but who knows, maybe we will get annother construct...personally I'd prefer a buffed zurk :smiley:
    IGN: lnfin8 / Level: 36
    Proud Potato
    Most Hated Evo: Subterranian
    Status on db: Retired