edited October 2016 in Fan-Made Heroes
Grimmoros, the Cursed Wraith

Stats:
HP - ★★☆☆☆☆
Attack - ★★★★★★
Defense - ★★☆☆☆☆
Skill - ★★★☆☆☆

1xcslvm608et.jpg

"From the graves - Comes doom incarnate. From his touch - Comes eternal darkness."
-Written on a dungeon wall, unknown author.

Element: Dark
[Undead/Caster/Slow/Legend]
Passive Traits:
Lifeless - Immune to Poison and Disease.
Slow - Attacks last.
Slow Starter - Starts off with 1 less energy.
Echos of Deathfire - All attacks have a chance to cause 'Deathfire' on enemies, dealing a slight amount of damage to them for 2 turns.
Grim Adventures - Grimmoros gains bonus attack for every Undead ally on his team.
(1st Ascension:)
Echos of Deathfire II - Deathfire deals more damage each turn for 2 turns.
Festering Corpses - If there is a dead enemy on the field, enemies have a chance of becoming Diseased at the start of each turn.
Deadly Breath - Chance to reduce enemy max health slightly on basic attacks.
(2nd Ascension:)
Echos of Deathfire III - Deathfire doesn't deal any more damage than before, but lasts an extra turn.
Festering Corpses II - Increased chance of spreading Disease.
Curse of the Wraith - Upon death, inflicts heavy damage to his killer, but the damage cannot kill them (This is to balance the passive, as well as prevent PvP ties).
Contempt of the Weak - Deals 1.1x more damage to enemies for each debuff on them.

Abilities:

Grasp - Basic attack for (52.5% attack, max of 67.5%) spirit melee damage.

Grave Touch - Grimmoros extends his cursed finger out, delivering a lethal touch to the target for (288% attack, max 365%) melee spirit damage to one target, with a chance to Disease, and a 20% chance to instantly kill the target (Cannot insta-kill bosses). The lower Grimmoros' health, the less damage this ability does, for a minimum of (140% attack) damage. However, as his health is lowered, the chance to insta-kill the target goes up to a maximum of 60%. This attack also drains 20% of Grimmoros' max health if it fails to kill the target. This attack does not affect Undead, but if used on one, will still drain Grimmoros' health. Careful!
Cooldown: 9

Incantation of Dread Grimmoros spells out a dark chant, granting allies 30% lifesteal for 2 turns. The chant also guarantees Grimmoros will activate his 'Echoes of Deathfire' and 'Deadly Breath' passives for 2 turns. For one turn, allies are rendered immune to Silence.
Cooldown: 5

Unholy Purge - Cleanses the battlefield with unholy fire, dealing (65% attack, max 102%) ranged spirit damage to all enemies and removing 2 random debuffs from all allies.
Cooldown: 7

Evo Costs:

1st:
x35 Dark Evo
x16 Dark Monarch
x30 Fire Evo
x5 Crypt Evo

2nd:
x27 Dark Monarch
x27 Fire Monarch
x48 Dark Evo
x3 Arcane Evo
x3 Shadow Evo

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Step aside, Brom. The real Reaper is here!
  • DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BROM, BROM IF IS LOVE BROM IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Baba yaga
    BURRITOS RULE
    @MegaThwartz70 He was actually designed to have a lot of synergy with Brom! :sunglasses:
  • 2nd:
    x27 Dark Monarch
    x27 Fire Monarch
    x48 Dark Evo
    x3 Arcane Evo
    x6 Shadow Evo

Bloody hell, as Ron would say. Ignoring the fact that you only need 4 types of Evo for ascensions, to have 3x and 6x of the rare celestials when every other hero needs 4x at most.

Also, an OHKO as his first move is ridiculous, never mind OHKOs in particular if it has no downside - it's one thing to have a very strong attack perform a OHKO on some heroes, but it's another to just literally do one to anybody.

Echoes of Deathfire and Deadly Breath should be a chance on attack, not a guarantee, or a guarantee on critical hits only - especially if he's a slow with high attack already and also has a mystical buff, with further proposed attack buffs through Grim Adventures and Contempt of the Weak.

He'd need to be the glassiest of cannons, although I don't mind some the ideas here, but he'd need reworking imo.
    Sig13.png
    Yikes, people don't like this one, do they? :confused:
    edited April 2016
    There, reworked him a bit. His instant kill first ability's cooldown can't have energy restored to it, and he has a new second ability.
    bblues wrote: »
    2nd:
    x27 Dark Monarch
    x27 Fire Monarch
    x48 Dark Evo
    x3 Arcane Evo
    x6 Shadow Evo

Bloody hell, as Ron would say. Ignoring the fact that you only need 4 types of Evo for ascensions, to have 3x and 6x of the rare celestials when every other hero needs 4x at most.

Also, an OHKO as his first move is ridiculous, never mind OHKOs in particular if it has no downside - it's one thing to have a very strong attack perform a OHKO on some heroes, but it's another to just literally do one to anybody.

Echoes of Deathfire and Deadly Breath should be a chance on attack, not a guarantee, or a guarantee on critical hits only - especially if he's a slow with high attack already and also has a mystical buff, with further proposed attack buffs through Grim Adventures and Contempt of the Weak.

He'd need to be the glassiest of cannons, although I don't mind some the ideas here, but he'd need reworking imo.

Forgot Shadows are rare, reducing that cost now lol
    edited April 2016
    Gmanju wrote: »
    You can't have an instant kill spell no matter what sorry will never happen. Also another clone of a current hero will not be added for at least a very long time if ever. Sorry but think you should just drop this one.

Why... Why are you so mean to like literally everyone?

You don't know an instant kill will never happen... On a 14 (minimum 11) turn cooldown with no way of reducing it by adding energy, and only being able to take out small enemies instantly, I seriously don't see how it's overpowered. You're taking out one measly enemy. It won't really help that much in campaign, and if you want I could even give him a passive that starts him off with less energy so that he won't even be able to use it on PvP instantly.
    Gmanju wrote: »

It's not being mean it's being realistic if an idea is bad telling them it's a bad idea is not being mean. If you can't see why then I'll leave you to think about it.

Just a heads up, because as an aspiring artist I know this kind of stuff, calling something bad isn't criticism. That... Actually is just being mean. To be honest I see your point to some extent and do apologize for lashing out, I was just upset at the time.

But if you want to criticize someone in the future, calling their work bad isn't criticism. Telling them what they can fix is criticism. It shouldn't be based off of opinion, really. I'm keeping his Insta kill ability, btw. I know most if not all can hero ideas don't get accepted so to me it's more just for fun.
  • Yikes, people don't like this one, do they? :confused:
    I don't dislike it - just nitpicking :)
    Sig13.png
    edited April 2016
    I just don't see how an insta kill on one small enemy every 14 to 11 turns with no chance of lowering the cooldown is overpowered. Especially when it won't even be ready in PvP for two turns. I mean, some heroes like Sifu and Abigail practically have one-shot abilities, and if they don't kill, they're only on a cooldown of about 5-7 turns.
    Hey, look at that! The new hero would actually counter this guy because he would jump in front of his insta-kill and just reincarnate afterwards!
  • Oh wow! I actually really like this idea... It's interesting... Probably overpowered... Still an awesome idea.
    #zurkdad4lyfe

Interested in Universal Heavens Guild, Stairway to Heaven or just need a Dungeon Boss bud to talk to?
    Add me on Line! Id is ughguildmaster.
    IGN: Bananafats
    Chapter: 21 (three dungeons away from completion)
    Shared Hero: Zurk (my son)
    Level: 55
  • Personally I like the idea but the fact he has a instant kill move should be limited to only once in a dungeon or something less overpowered
    Thank you to JackHallow666 for allowing me to use his amazing Kobal drawing as my profile picture!

LvL:64
    Champion:Kobal 6*

They asked if I cared.
    I said I did, I'm just really lazy.
    Reaper8640 wrote: »
    Personally I like the idea but the fact he has a instant kill move should be limited to only once in a dungeon or something less overpowered

It has a huge cooldown, can't be lowered by giving him energy, and only works on small enemies who would just die from 2-3 hits anyways. Not seeing why people think it's overpowered.
  • NoonsaNoonsa Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't think an instant-kill is necessarily overpowered, but I think it might need another consequence. For example, how about when he uses the instant kill move he lowers the defence of all your own heroes? (The scaling factor could then be that it lowers the defence by less as you level-up the move?)

It'd certainly make it a difficult choice of whether you want to use the move, and would make it less "perfect for every situation"!

But really, 'slow starter' combined with him being a slow hero makes him kinda un-OP. He wouldn't even be able to use specials in PVP.

PS. Nice work with the 'reaching hand' in the art, very cool!
    @Noonsa The slow and slow starter is exactly why I think his insta kill isn't a game breaker. It won't mean that much in the campaign, and won't really be viable in PvP either. It's just a way to get pesky enemies off your back. Although perhaps an undead team of Hansuke, Ponti, Ekko and this guy would be a little OP as he would have a good chance of using his ability before he died.
  • Honestly as much as we don't need another undead hero, this is quite nice. Insta kill will not put too much viability in anything to be honest. It's not op, it's more like useless. Maybe change the ability? Anyway, nice job!
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
    edited April 2016
    There we are! A fully re-done first ability!
    Other changes:

Slow Starter: Energy reduction

2 > 1

Enchantment of Dread

20% Lifesteal > 30%

Grave Touch: Undead targets

*No longer affects Undead, not even Ekko. Just... all of em!
  • i kind of liked him before but im fine with him any way as long as he dosent do anything to brom
    Baba yaga
    BURRITOS RULE
  • i kind of liked him before but im fine with him any way as long as he dosent do anything to brom

i mean it >:)
    Baba yaga
    BURRITOS RULE
    Okay, now his first ability only had a chance to insta-kill, AND it hurts him when used!
  • I don't really think that an insta-kill move, no matter low a chance would be fair. Not saying that Grimmoros is a bad hero in general, as his other abilities seem fine.
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • I don't really think that an insta-kill move, no matter low a chance would be fair. Not saying that Grimmoros is a bad hero in general, as his other abilities seem fine.

Cobressa disagrees!
  • Broms daddy!
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited July 2016
    In my opinion, That is an awesome hero idea, may need a bit of tweaking but otherwise, very Fine Work @JackHallow666. (coming from a Boss with a natural affinity for the Undead.)
    Total Zomminionation.
    Edit:

Grave Touch

Removed: Ability's energy is not affected by gained energy.

Energy Cost: 8 > 9

Dark Incantation

Activation of passives: Now lasts 2 turns instead of 1.
  • I... Want... Him!!!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!