Skills and timing in PvP

Greetings,

Fairly new to the game and trying to work out how a few things run in PvP.

1. Willow
I have read quite a few postings here and elsewhere about her ability to one-shot Bovus. Having tried this approach to the tedious Bovus defence I have never had her do more than about 60% damage to him with her special attack. She is 2 star with the first acendence. She is currently levl 27 and the Bovus' she faces are always equal or lower level with one star.

2. Samurai Takumi
When I come up against the samurai his ice sword attack will freeze one or two of my heroes leaving them unble to use their special abilities for 2 turns. However, when I use him, this attack does not have the same effect, the opposing heroes still able to use special attacks (even when sheathed in that frosty glowhe gives them). What gives?

3. Torchy
When I use Torchy he always begins with his Lockjaw ability at -2 (2 turns from use). However, an opposing Torchy (once ascended) always uses it on the first attack to silence one of my heroes. Why the difference in cooldowns for attacked and defender?

Thanks for your responses.

Comments

• NittanyNittany Member
    edited April 2016
    Esmenoth wrote: »
    1. Willow
    I have read quite a few postings here and elsewhere about her ability to one-shot Bovus.
    You were misinformed. Torchy can do it if you're at higher stars, but it's a bit iffy and depends on the exact stats of the two heroes and/or crits.
    2. Samurai Takumi
    When I come up against the samurai his ice sword attack will freeze one or two of my heroes leaving them unble to use their special abilities for 2 turns. However, when I use him, this attack does not have the same effect, the opposing heroes still able to use special attacks (even when sheathed in that frosty glowhe gives them). What gives?
    Takumi does not freeze you or drain energy, he prevents you from gaining energy. It's a key difference; if your heroes are 1 turn away from having their abilities charged (e.g. if you got hit with Bovus), then they will continue to be one turn away from charged until the chill expires. Defenders start with all abilities charged, so unless you do something to lower their energy in combination with the chill, they will still be able to use abilities turn 2.
    3. Torchy
    When I use Torchy he always begins with his Lockjaw ability at -2 (2 turns from use). However, an opposing Torchy (once ascended) always uses it on the first attack to silence one of my heroes. Why the difference in cooldowns for attacked and defender?
    If you're attacking, you should always have the option to use Lock Jaw on the first turn (unless you get silenced by Indigo). On defense, the AI will make Torchy use his first ability, Bat Out of Hell, on the first turn and Lock Jaw on the second. Lock Jaw never starts on cooldown for either side.

Hope this helped!
    Nittany
  • Keep in mind that Pvp heroes got buffed 40% hp recently. It's much harder to one shot anyone. Also, even though your button is frosted over by Takumi chill, if ability is ready when chilled you can still use it.

• Willow will one-shot Icepick though, very useful. Icepick is great on offense, meh on defense.
    JetLi