Honor Scrolls and Pontifex Mortis (Not a Rant)

Okay. So i've been waiting for a Pontifex event or something simillar for the honor portal. I have him able to be unlocked , but if I wait I will get him higher-starred. So, question: Should I wait for a event that probably wont happen (We all know how much DB loves heroic portal events), or should I unlock him now?

(Sorry for asking a simple question. I just can't decide!)

Comments

• How many scrolls do you have?
  • 17K+ . I buy gold every day and end up well in tournaments. (PVP is my favorite thing to do in this game)
  • Pipe901 wrote: »
    17K+ . I buy gold every day and end up well in tournaments. (PVP is my favorite thing to do in this game)

Nice, and how many characters that have full token unlocks are left in your honor portal?

Seems like you would get a full unlock of him fairly quickly with that many scrolls.

Alternatively, if you don't have too many full unlock heroes left in your portal, you could summon him, and then just get full unlock tokens for him. You get 35 tokens each time you get a full unlock I think, so it's pretty quick to 6* him.
  • He is the only one I don't have from the honor portal.
  • I'd say wait to summon until you get a full unlock from the portal.
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    I'd say wait to summon until you get a full unlock from the portal.

Do I wait for a event to do the summons?
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    Let's put it this way. I have 117k scrolls and still waiting for a good honor portal event.
    1611701?gid=
  • Thank you for all the feedback so far! I am still undecided because of the mixed opinions.
  • Pipe901 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the feedback so far! I am still undecided because of the mixed opinions.

What is mixed? You do realize Pontifex Mortis is ALREADY in the Honor Portal as a full unlock?

An honor portal event will not help you. By the time you spend your honor scrolls, you will have unlocked him AND gotten him 6*.
  • Your options are these:

1) Summon him now, then use your honor scrolls to go for Full Unlocks in the Honor Portal. Each full unlock is 35 tokens. You will also probably get several silver or gold chests that could possibly give 4 tokens for Ponti.

2) DO NOT summon, but use your honor scrolls to go for a full unlock. Once you get the unlock, you should have enough for the next star upgrade (I believe it would put you at 4*) Then keep using your honor scrolls to farm full unlocks in the honor portal which will give 35 tokens each. Do this until you hit 6*.
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited April 2016
    I am in the same boat as the OP - Ponti is ready to summon but holding out for a full unlock. I PVP a fair amount and I think I have at least 200 tokens for him.

Quick question about honor scrolls since I tend to hoard resources - is there any point in saving them up, or should I be spending them as I make them more or less, considering none of my honor portal heroes are maxed and I don't even have Ponti yet? I think I am at 24k right now. Really the only thing I use them for daily is the gold buys from the honor shop.

*edit* - just saw @Gmanju reply above - sounds like I should spend my scrolls down, at least to get Ponti
  • SorenSoren Member
    edited April 2016
    Spend the Scrolls! I hover around 5K just in case I am getting close to max with a hero and want to spend in Honor Shop or if I have a day where I don't collect as much. As long as I have enough for the Honor Gold and then around 5000 scrolls, I spend the rest on the Honor Portal.

EDIT: you will likely get an unlock of Pontifex with that many scrolls. And it's always (erm, almost always?) better to use the unlock to get the hero instead of summoning with just enough tokens.
  • I am in the same boat as the OP - Ponti is ready to summon but holding out for a full unlock. I PVP a fair amount and I think I have at least 200 tokens for him.

Quick question about honor scrolls since I tend to hoard resources - is there any point in saving them up, or should I be spending them as I make them more or less, considering none of my honor portal heroes are maxed and I don't even have Ponti yet? I think I am at 24k right now. Really the only thing I use them for daily is the gold buys from the honor shop.

Definitely spend your scrolls to get full unlocks for all available heroes that can get full unlocks. Once you start 6*-ing them, they are removed from the list of heroes so that your next pull has a better chance of another full unlock.

For me, NubNub and Ponti were the last 2 heroes in the Honor Portal. I was able to 6* them both super fast once it came to those two lol.

But buying gold is also useful. I have started to buy 2x 250,000 gold and use the rest in the portal to try to 6* Phemus and Jabber (and whoever else is just reg tokens).
  • Spend your honor scrolls as soon as you get them. There is no point in saving them. Don't bother waiting for an event, and definitely do not summon him yourself. Sooner or later you will get a full unlock. Honor portal events are not very common, and not very useful. As you max characters, the pool becomes smaller and smaller anyway. Ponti was my last hero in the honor portal. At the end, I think he was the last one in the honor portal and I got 10 straight full unlocks for him (mixed in with some gold and silver chests with his tokens).
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Honestly if he's all that's left then you're guaranteed him on every summon. No point in holding off a summon as honor scrolls are relatively easy to collect.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @HaxusBloodbane Ponti is the only one I haven't unlocked from the Honor Portal, but none of the others are 6* (or even 5* for that matter)
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @HaxusBloodbane Ponti is the only one I haven't unlocked from the Honor Portal, but none of the others are 6* (or even 5* for that matter)

I see no reason to save your scrolls if you can still star heroes in the portal.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Thanks for the feedback all - I have been stockpiling resources for a while as I now usually have few problems doing the Tower but I think I will take @Soren 's suggestion and spend them down to 5k - hopefully get Ponti in the process as well as star up a few others.
  • It's Pontifex. SUMMON. HIM. NOW!
  • sagewithaflawsagewithaflaw Member
    edited April 2016
    *UPDATE* well, spent down 13k honor scrolls - unlocked Ponti! And I had enough excess scrolls saved up to 4* and he is actually 1/2 way to 5*. No ascensions yet but he stil rocks
  • Thanks for the help everyone. I did unlock him but only got one unlock, which kinda makes me sad. However, I have starred up some other important heroes as well. Again, Thanks for helping me decide.
  • Ammo wrote: »
    Let's put it this way. I have 117k scrolls and still waiting for a good honor portal event.

The sad thing is, I have 708K scrolls. Still waiting. And waiting. . . and waiting. *Sighs*
    l4Ho0K1RYjomMxwbu.gif

• My last 8 honour scroll portals have had 35 ponti tokens in each he's now 6 star
    Zodiac4EVA