Creon's Home - Help!

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
THEY ALL IGNORE TAUNT!

Seriously, this level is horrifying. If you saw my one on Creon's Ice (Which I was finally able to beat 2*, thanks for the help! :blush: Will try for 3* when I'm higher leveled and my team for it has more stars!), you will recall that I figured out enemies like to target the weakest hero. Or, maybe not the weakest, but they do beat up one hero until they're dead, typically.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem if I could bring Furnace, but, well, you get the idea. They all ignore taunt.

What should I do? I can't bring squishies, they all get crushed by the enemies ganging up on them, and I can't bring NubNub, one of the tankiest healers, as he gets crushed by the fire-element Phemus clones! I tried Augustus but if they target him, my 3* run is over. And likely the run in general.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks a lot if you do! :smiley:

Comments

• RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I want to say Auggie, Exec, Zomm, Bromm but I could be remembering wrong.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Renly wrote: »
    I want to say Auggie, Exec, Zomm, Bromm but I could be remembering wrong.

Will this work if Auggie is 4* and Zomm is 3*? The other two are 5*!
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    *Shrugs* Again, not entirely sure if this is the right team for the level but I believe it is. And at the time, I did it with a 3* Zomm, but Auggie was maxed.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• jileyjiley Member
    Try bovus yoko nub ponti+ 3 energy
  • I used a team to break enemy damage. Using characters to raise team defence like William and Yoko would also be effective.

yme6u8hv5q3y.png

I may or may not have used fire too. :lol:

:)
  • L0rdL33tL0rdL33t Member
    edited May 2016
    I rekt Creon and his goons with Squinch, Nub Nub, Ignus the Mad and Lady Nim.

Wait, is this about challenge mode? I'm not there yet...
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'd use casters. Always casters.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

Hey guys, thanks for all the help! I was able to quite easily 3* this one with Bovus, Yoko, Ignus and NubNub. I still can't seem to 3* Creon's Ice though! I want those 10 extra Leon tokens!! :lol:
  • MacTheKidMacTheKid Member
    edited May 2016
    u5tul5nz5kdb.png

Same concept for creon's ice, break enemy damage. Stonefist is great for anti debuffs. Ekko just because I think it's funny. And keeps taunt/energy up.

MacTheKid wrote: »
    ymqrt9nyjlnd.png

Same concept for creon's ice, break enemy damage. Stonefist is great for anti debuffs. Ekko just because I think it's funny. And keeps taunt/energy up.

That's Garden of Evil, unless you mean it's the same team you used for Creon's Ice? I'll try it!
  • MacTheKidMacTheKid Member
    edited May 2016
    @JackHallow666 Hahaha I picked the wrong pic. :D

Same team though.

@JackHallow666 Hahaha I picked the wrong pic. :D

Same team though.

Been trying this level over and over, Ekko didn't work and changed him for NubNub. I'm still pulling my hair out over this level, it's just too hard.
  • What's your level? Will struggle to inflict debuffs if the level difference is too great.

A heavy caster like pontifex would be great too, Yorick for amplified damage too. Don't want too have too much meele though.

What's your level? Will struggle to inflict debuffs if the level difference is too great.

A heavy caster like pontifex would be great too, Yorick for amplified damage too. Don't want too have too much meele though.

Level 66 right now.
  • That should be fine for the normal minions, the boss will be difficult to disease/shock however. Dx

7lq4xg86mko5.png

Try this one!

I'm not gonna be in this world much longer if the Cyclopes keep focusing one of my heroes and kill them on the first room no matter what I do :smile:
  • echonapechonap Member
    For Creon's Ice, try Stonefist, Nub, Ponti, Icebloom. SF must be taunting the entire time in the boss room or one of your heroes will die. This is easily managed since everybody is slow. Just alternate between misdirect and taunt, use one when the other expires. The hardest part is getting through two rounds when voodoo chant is down. The trick here is to have Nub going last. When VC runs out, use haste on SF. Since SF took his turn already, the haste will last until the following round. This will enable him to dodge attacks that round. Then use Stout team, which should give you enough of a defensive buff to survive until VC is up again. Alternatively, use your energy potions to make sure VC is up the entire fight. Boss has tons of hp, so you may still run out of energy at some point. I three starred at level 65 without potions using this strategy. All 6* FA.

For Creon's Home, try Nim, Therand, Yoko, Aug. Since taunt is useless in this fight, the key is the defensive buff from Yoko and constant daze. Aug is better than Nub here because the divine shield acts as an insurance policy when somebody gets hit. I three starred at 65 with Aug at 5* and everybody else 6* FA.
    echonap wrote: »
    For Creon's Ice, try Stonefist, Nub, Ponti, Icebloom. SF must be taunting the entire time in the boss room or one of your heroes will die. This is easily managed since everybody is slow. Just alternate between misdirect and taunt, use one when the other expires. The hardest part is getting through two rounds when voodoo chant is down. The trick here is to have Nub going last. When VC runs out, use haste on SF. Since SF took his turn already, the haste will last until the following round. This will enable him to dodge attacks that round. Then use Stout team, which should give you enough of a defensive buff to survive until VC is up again. Alternatively, use your energy potions to make sure VC is up the entire fight. Boss has tons of hp, so you may still run out of energy at some point. I three starred at level 65 without potions using this strategy. All 6* FA.

For Creon's Home, try Nim, Therand, Yoko, Aug. Since taunt is useless in this fight, the key is the defensive buff from Yoko and constant daze. Aug is better than Nub here because the divine shield acts as an insurance policy when somebody gets hit. I three starred at 65 with Aug at 5* and everybody else 6* FA.

I'll try it... I should try to at least 5* Stonefist but he's at 37 tokens now and it seems like it would take forever... Already got Creon's Home. Ignus made that dungeon a joke.
  • For creons ice, (which I just beat tonight 3*), I used CKB, Zurk, NubNub, and stone fist.

I would buff and attack as normal but would make sure stonefist had taunt up as much as possible and nubs healing up as much as possible too.

It's a bit slower due to all the chills, but once you get to boss, you don't get wrekt from 2.5x dmg to chilled so long as you have stonefists taunt up.

Good luck man!
  • Im going through 3* ing challenge mode and was stuck on creons ice too. Finally made it with this team but it was really close at the end!

Keep Stonefist taunted, use defuffs to take off blocks taunts and kill the ignore taunt guys first.
    Indigo boosts energy. Last screen took ages to pass.
    poaoyqc1sytr.png
    Level 70 - IGN - Metafrey

• 4tom4tom Member
    I did Yoko, Ekko, Indigo, Blacksmoke.

I 2-starred it at lvl 58 with this team. It was hard though... ekko died in the last round of fighting :(
    zntCIcd.gif
  • 2amxgpjs53zx.png

Ekko 5* Yoko 5* Augustus 5* Ignus 5*
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• FoozleFoozle Member
    edited June 2016
    I 3 starred at level 55 with the following team. Took several tries but worked. (edit -- oops just noticed the discussion changed from creon's home to creon's ice). The team below was for Creon's Home. My 3 star team for Creon's ice was Augustus, Furnace, Dagrund, Indigo.

The AI doesn't always target one hero, but they do on occasion. What I found was that the fire cyclops generally targeted Nub Nub since he is nature, and the nature cyclops generally targeted Yorick, since he is water. The AI, on occasion, did seem to break this rule randomly or in some cases if one of my heroes was very low on health, they did target him to finish him off. They rarely would attack Zomm or Exec, likely because they have high health and because they weren't weak to the elements.

What I would do, is if there was more fire than nature enemies, I would try to kill the element that had the most enemies in it first, to try to balance out the elements. If there were 4 fire enemies and only 1 nature, I would quickly kill one of the fire enemies with marked for death, exec's main, and zomm's special. This way, 4 fire guys wouldn't focus down my nub. Same is true if there were more nature enemies - kill one of them quickly so they wouldn't focus down my Yorick. Requires a bit of luck in that if you got an entire floor of one element, you are probably in trouble.

For final boss, I used energy potions to make sure I always had stout team and Yorick's defense buff up. I focused down the boss first, then took care of his two helpers. This way the elements were matched (one nature and one fire), and also prevents the boss from using his triple slam. Also made sure to use Zomm's energy drain attack on the boss as often as possible to prevent him from using specials. Best of luck and let me know if you need any further tips!

5zk5o2tie49b.jpg
    I'm glad this is here for other people, beat it a long time ago thanks to you guys. Now other people can use it!
  • I did Igorok, Yoko, Augustus, and Exec.

This was hard, yo. I only got 2* :-(
  • Hopefully this will also be helpful to some people

• everything become easy with yoko
    Tanky lineup can beat 90% challenge dungeon.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    Augy julius stonefist nub (lv 57, 6*,4*,5*,6* all FA) for creon's ice
    Yorik OE yoko Augy (lv 57, 6*,5*,5*,6* all FA) for creon's arena and home (way easier than ice)
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • Hey guys, thanks for all the help! I was able to quite easily 3* this one with Bovus, Yoko, Ignus and NubNub. I still can't seem to 3* Creon's Ice though! I want those 10 extra Leon tokens!! :lol:

This comp works nicely.
    6176551?gid=