Update: The Tower of PWNage Just Got Better!

Comments

• PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited May 2016
    hplc wrote: »
    @PrezObama @Mr_Master2 I think they have to find a way to please the majority of players. Which demographic this is I don't know. But I strongly suspect it is not the slow levellers as that takes way too much patience for most people especially over a long period.

I personally don't understand why quest dungeons aren't adjusted according to current level as challenge dungeons show this clearly an option for them if they chose it. Yes. They have made tower easier for you but I suspect pissed off a much larger player base. The tower was a necessary grind but I think the costs now outweigh the benefits for most people if this is the status quo due to the time commitment it will require. And I suspect many of those will quit as the tower has really become essential due to the gems/crowns it provides.

I'm not sure the majority of players are over level 60. Just as the slow leveler crowd is a vocal minority on these boards, I suspect the 65+ crowd is too. The top guilds are all the hardest core players in the game and they are the ones who frequent the forums. That's just how things shake out. Those players are now facing a tougher slog. Slow levelers had to and continue to have to make compromises and now that the close-to-capped players do too, a lot of tones have changed. I've always fought hard for what I believe to be the best choice for the majority of the player base as a whole. Many capped players couldn't give a crap until it affects them and now it does. If I was being 100% honest, I do feel bad that capped players are going to have to slog through the tower now but a vast majority of players are going to find the road much easier to travel. Perhaps the best compromise would be to change the tower seeding after you hit level 60 to allow for bait teams. The code was already written to do it previously it would just take an "if" statement to put it back for 60+ players.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • aah5auyavcm1.png

Fully blessed 6* level 70 undead team...vs 1st floor of tower...I one but this picture was table when I finally got to attack...just waiting for the 4 Kai's
  • hplchplc Member
    edited May 2016
    @PrezObama you may well be right as that didn't occur to me. But if one assumes most people aren't slow levellers or hard core VIPs than the tower got that much harder as they don't have the stars to compete at their equivalent levels for the most part. I am not saying the tower is impossible. I am saying in it's current state it is way too time consuming at high levels.
    hplc
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey folks, went in to clean a few off-topic, derailing comments. Please stay on topic and within forum guidelines.
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    I'm level 65, free to play with level 58-62 heroes. I'm missing 3 heroes. I still need 14,000 tokens (yes I made a spreadsheet). In the old system, I would try to get an easy tower each day. It usually takes me 60-90 minutes to complete it unless I fail early to a team of 67 - 70's. (Yes, that's way too long to spend on a game like this IMHO.). I value the gems for tokens and to complete the guild quests.

I dislike that the tower remembers your heroes for the entire tower. I wish they would reset each level. Then you could try out different teams on each level.

I don't mind fighting similar level teams (+/- 4 levels). But using sacrifices is such a waste of game mechanics. It doesn't add anything to the game.

It would be fun to have to figure out PVP teams to beat each level. You can use any team. They all reset when you clear a level. If you lose to a team, they reset their health and skills too.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • PrezObama wrote: »
    hplc wrote: »
    @PrezObama @Mr_Master2 I think they have to find a way to please the majority of players. Which demographic this is I don't know. But I strongly suspect it is not the slow levellers as that takes way too much patience for most people especially over a long period.

I personally don't understand why quest dungeons aren't adjusted according to current level as challenge dungeons show this clearly an option for them if they chose it. Yes. They have made tower easier for you but I suspect pissed off a much larger player base. The tower was a necessary grind but I think the costs now outweigh the benefits for most people if this is the status quo due to the time commitment it will require. And I suspect many of those will quit as the tower has really become essential due to the gems/crowns it provides.

I'm not sure the majority of players are over level 60. Just as the slow leveler crowd is a vocal minority on these boards, I suspect the 65+ crowd is too. The top guilds are all the hardest core players in the game and they are the ones who frequent the forums. That's just how things shake out. Those players are now facing a tougher slog. Slow levelers had to and continue to have to make compromises and now that the close-to-capped players do too, a lot of tones have changed. I've always fought hard for what I believe to be the best choice for the majority of the player base as a whole. Many capped players couldn't give a crap until it affects them and now it does. If I was being 100% honest, I do feel bad that capped players are going to have to slog through the tower now but a vast majority of players are going to find the road much easier to travel. Perhaps the best compromise would be to change the tower seeding after you hit level 60 to allow for bait teams. The code was already written to do it previously it would just take an "if" statement to put it back for 60+ players.

I respect slow levelers fully and I get it if you have a different playstlye. Just out of a curiosity how has the tower been for you since the update so I can get a comparison between a slow leveler and a higher level player in their towers. Sometimes making something more difficult isn't always the best route for a game would you agree, I know some people have said well this is a tradeoff. Getting level locked out of something vs a huge and monstrous increase in a tower does not seem like a fair tradeoff to me. this goes against the game which advertises a fact paced type of game. The tower finally reminded people of how broken this game can feel at times. That's honestly how I felt about it for a long time. Sure ill be able to get through my tower tomorrow but over a way longer period of time.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• Got through my tower with 23 heros left alive! It's been a long time since I have lost more then 10! On one note I am very excited about this but on another note...it took me a full hour...that's not including pvping or working on other quest, I like the added challenge but the time constraint is massive!

2 things that I think would really help the tower feel less grindy: 1. Don't have defense have their abilities full (or lower attack cool down times moves that start with a 7 turn cool down are almost impossible to use) and 2:put a limit on the number of times the same enemy can appear...7 black diamonds in my tower today all thre of her abilities can potentially 1shot about 40% of toons...

And thanks again all you guys at big fish for working on things and trying to make this the best game possible!
  • Got through my tower with 23 heros left alive! It's been a long time since I have lost more then 10! On one note I am very excited about this but on another note...it took me a full hour...that's not including pvping or working on other quest, I like the added challenge but the time constraint is massive!

2 things that I think would really help the tower feel less grindy: 1. Don't have defense have their abilities full (or lower attack cool down times moves that start with a 7 turn cool down are almost impossible to use) and 2:put a limit on the number of times the same enemy can appear...7 black diamonds in my tower today all thre of her abilities can potentially 1shot about 40% of toons...

And thanks again all you guys at big fish for working on things and trying to make this the best game possible!

I would be fine with that with the tower we have now as I have made suggestions like that.
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• bvs72bvs72 Member
    I like this thread.
  • HakonaHakona Member
    Is this.......the apocalypse for people reaching the "end"!? :*

• I'm a level 69 player and I just got a new tower at midnight EST, 11 minutes ago, I've still got level 5X teams. My tower looks super easy, did they revert the change?
  • Oh and I have a fully maxed roster and am level 70...slow leveled a lot...never accepted exp rewards etc. the bad thing of the tower as of now is the repetitiveness of the same few heros...one day I will have a tower with 5-8 Kai's in it...he only has so many counters just like 5+ yokos today.

Even with a maxed roster at a very high level it becomes ver RNG based...well my torchy doesn't have his silence up, balrog will go after yoko, oh indigo didn't silence him this turn...well maybe I can get a few hits in. And that is what becomes frustrating...again I beat it no problem today, will probably continue to do so but I have 50whatever we are up to 6* level 70s...I just know this is going to be very tough on the community as a whole, many won't have the time to do it, many won't have enough fodder for the = power 11 floors. Power capped and over powered peeps (slow levelers and whales) will be fine, we will have the means to sustain most days, I just feel for everyone else.
  • @itirnitii looks like they did issue a small patch...my first 5-6 floors are in the low 60s now and have some lower star counts... Sadly still full of bd, igor, yoko,borvo...I have 1 floor that doesn't have at least one of them and it's a maxed Kai furnace bramble zurk lol
  • hplchplc Member
    well I just finished my tower after too many beer (up to and including 11 as saving for tomorrow). Between RNG and what the heck were you doing moments it was an interesting grind. Way too long though. If as is then consider cutting to 7 levels.
    hplc
  • An after 5pm patch on Friday!? Be still my heart...
  • JistlyJistly Member
    Im sorry but this change is crap, it takes about 1hour to finish ToP now, instead of 20 minutes. Mix of About 10 incredibely strong champions are showing in the tower on every floor, with bd and kai on every single one.

Sorry to be the negative Nancy, but this change is garbage, this is mobile game not hardcore MMORPG, making gems harder to grind will not inspire me to BUY them, it will inspire me to quit this game.

If you at least had the audacity to increase the rewards in propotion to the difficulty, but that takes thought i guess.

Cant wait to grind my 800th yorick token before i quit.

You shoulf be ashamed.
    Jistly%20Banner_zpsknxzoato.png
  • Azoic73Azoic73 Member
    edited May 2016
    So was dropping the number of stamina packages you can buy an improvement as well? People somehow leveling too fast with that extra 100xp a day? (Even though takes 740 challenge dungeons to go from 68 to 69)

Oh, just saw you also lowered the honor gold back to one a day, too. Classy...
  • Jistly wrote: »
    Im sorry but this change is crap, it takes about 1hour to finish ToP now, instead of 20 minutes. Mix of About 10 incredibely strong champions are showing in the tower on every floor, with bd and kai on every single one.

Sorry to be the negative Nancy, but this change is garbage, this is mobile game not hardcore MMORPG, making gems harder to grind will not inspire me to BUY them, it will inspire me to quit this game.

If you at least had the audacity to increase the rewards in propotion to the difficulty, but that takes thought i guess.

Cant wait to grind my 800th yorick token before i quit.

You shoulf be ashamed.

really it took you an extra 40 minutes to do the tower ? you get 300 free gems mate, 300 gems for an hour grind I'd take that anyday, I'm lvl 69 (lol) and I usually lose 0-5 heroes and today I lost 23 and all my floors were lvl 67-70 full of bovus BD and yoko and Kai on floor 10-11 and as much as I was frustrated grinding through it i didn't care, it was a nice challenge and I got 300 gems and some delicious rare yorick tokens, just embrace it, think about it and you will make it through if you don't well then the tower will be there tomorrow to have a red hot go at
  • smemosmemo Member
    Tower so hard become a big problem for many guilds... And for me now get too many time
  • Edson123676Edson123676 Member
    edited May 2016
    Guys, yes I'm maxed level, but my current tower reset a couple hours ago has from level 50 to 67 teams all four man teams. I'm level 70. They did fix something. I saw @Anokuu 's screen shots and it's definitely changed.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • nunyanunya Member
    I agree with @Edson123676, my tower had from level 59-70. It was harder than what it had previously been, but nowhere near the level of difficulty that i saw in @Anokuu's or @wzang's screen shots. So something must have been done to remedy the situation. Thank you :)
    nunya
  • bbluesbblues Member
    Yeah, started my tower up an hour or two ago (61), levels from 5x to 64 I think. Seems ok, maybe a tad more difficult than previous, but it looks good.
    Sig13.png
  • ok. tower became harder. I thin now not everyone can clear it easy, even clear it everyday. So in that case should be all chests gold with more reward(stamina,gold, etc) maybe even gems up to 500.
  • hplc wrote: »
    So from what I can tell the only people really happy with this change are the slow levellers who will have a disproportionate number of low star opponents vs the high level players who are fighting 6 star opponents. Kinda makes it confusing given other post by @ChrisM

How is it confusing? He states, and I quote, "A key part of aspirational rewards is progressing through the game – and that is something that we strongly want to reinforce. Slow-leveling isn’t “wrong” – it’s a strategy with benefits and consequences. Specifically, the consequence of intentionally staying at a certain point in overall game progression (player rank) is that more advanced content may not be available." Obviously, this is one of the benefits that he was talking about.

EnjoyLife73
  • I will agree that one of the benefits to slow leveling, post this change, is an easier tower for over stared players (slow levelers, I think the other sounds nicer); however I do not believe they intended it to be a consequence for end game players and casual players. The intent as stars was to remove super easy levels, I'm level 70 and use to see a lot of low 50s occasionally 40s on my tower, and super hard levels seeing teams 10+ levels above you and sometimes bait teams even further above you. As an un intended side effect they made the 65+ bracket full of 5/6*fa teams. (My tower had a 3* Kai yesterday and that was the only hero below 5*) and while I and many other high level players welcome a challenge...a massive grind increase is not wanted by anyone, especially on a Mobil game.

When they talk about Pros and Cons, this was not meant to be a Con for end gammers, their cons are: 1. You have invested a lot of time into this game, 2. You have invest a lot of money into it, and/or 3. You are under leveled bc you progressed to fast, not congratulations you got near the end let's make your daily tower reward you have been receiving now take 3-4 times longer just because your a higher level now.

It seems the devs definitely realized this and have already patched it, again those guys rock! And we need to learn as a community to praise them for their hard work and learn to criticize changes in a much less aggressive tone.
This discussion has been closed.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com