The Furnace Returns Hunting Guide

HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
dlmxj1odgdrw.png
tkyrvd0rmw19.png

He’s back and needs to escape his dwarven armory. Yep the furnace is back in town. This legendary Construct is one of the most rare heroes in the game as well as one of the more powerful ones. He plays uniquely and has a lot of strong points. It’s only fitting he circulates every once in a while and today is one of those days. Prepare yourselves for dwarves and the furnace with tokens for everyone (Except Dhaegon. Beat campaign to get dhaegon.)

Of course you’ll need to be appropriate levels for each of these but assuming you are at a low level you aren’t going to focus much on the event anyway. For now I’d recommend getting Squinch and burning everything. Try and burn 3000 enemies and get those furnace tokens to start off with. This isn’t a hard task at all and I’m just finishing it while doing daily farming. Other useful heroes for this quest include nitpick, Mangle Jaw, Ignus the
mad and to a lesser extent Piginus, Torchy, Julius, Lady Nim, and Lupina.

Well without further ado let’s begin…
bgshzfvv2cdy.png

Furnace escapes (Easy):
0curdq9hff0p.png

The first dungeon you will encounter can only be completed five times and drops Rogar tokens. You all know Rogar and many end game players will say he’s a helpful and easily farmable addition to any team. So if you can access this level I see no reason not to complete it all five times. If you’re worried however throw Archangel Emily in alongside the furnace. Also remember that most dwarf mooks in the level are warriors so bringing Squinch may prove to be a safe and secure investment. Watch out of the boss though. Any Therand Clones are bad news with their abilities and should be taken out ASAP. However the furnace is powerful so no worries.

Enemies:

Sun Dwarf: Their ability allows multiple hits on the same target, He’s weak to lightning, Never misses, and takes less damage from physical attacks. Counter with Therand, Jabber, Overlord Executum, or Squinch.

Cavern Dwarf: Skull cracker hits the same for multiple times and can leave a mark, He takes less damage from physical attacks and never misses.. Counter with Therand, Jabber, or Squinch.

Rubyfist healer: Casts buffs for fire, This guy starts with bonus energy, Never misses, and hunts fire heroes. Watch him like a hawk due to that last one. Counter with Sir William.
qgr6als47mq0.png

Junior Pyrotech: Boosted damage against burning targets, never misses, and if he gets unknown chemicals off well. GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER! However he can be countered and I recommend Sir William due to his fire hunter trait and smack down ability.

drc698tmj55t.png

Crazy Kettle (Medium)
qsho3vz0o9b4.png

So the Furnace is not your friend now but your foe. Watch out for his rather dangerous passive abilities and burning attacks that can leave a mark. This dungeon drops Therand Fiddlestrom tokens. Therand is considered by many to be one of the best heroes in the game due to status as a casters, debuff moves, and armour hunting traits. I highly recommend farming for his tokens if you don’t have him yet. This dungeon also contains minibosses Dagrund and Therand. Soo refrain from relying on armour too much and if you are bringing armour I recommend Yasmin bloom as a healer. Just in case.

Enemies:

Sun Warrior: Skull cracker hits a few times but isn’t too worrisome unless in large numbers. They take boosted damage from lightning, less from physical attacks, and never miss. Counter with Overlord Executum, Squinch, Therand, Electricity, or Jabber

Cavern Dwarf Warrior: Skull cracker hits twice. They don’t appear to have any other abilities, They never miss and take less damage from melee attacks, Counter with Squinch, Jabber, or Therand.

Rubyfist guide: Blazing rune will make an ally immune to burn and give them the ability to burn anyone who touches them. They never miss, hunt fire and start with bonus energy. Counter with Sir William.

Pyrotech Engineer: Unknown Chemicals is murder. These guys are pyros, burn on contact, never miss, and hunt armour. Counter with Sir William.

Minibosses:

Dagrund Blacksmoke: This dwarf healer will infuse himself or an ally with 3 energy, smack massive damage onto you, and then heal himself or an ally buffing himself in the process/ His traits allow him to heal every time he hits you, buff casters, and never miss. Counter with Jabber clenchjaw.

Therand Fiddlestrom: Watch out for this dwarf. His Thermal Detonator, his helmet missiles, and his cheers mate all hit hard. He ignores armour meaning that he’ll just shred heroes like Overlord Executum, Squinch, and Sir William, He’s mythical so tanks and slow heroes take boosted damage from him, he takes less damage from an armoured hero, never misses and deals boosted damage to armoured enemies. Counter with Zurk or Jabber.
2q08o7n25aax.png

The Furnace: He burns, he resets energy, and has a wicked taunt. His first ability is always charged and he should never be underestimated. He gains pressure from fire attacks and crits but loses it to Water, He’s a construct so he cannot be debuffed, and is armoured. Counter with Any caster, Lady Nim, Therand Fiddlestrom, or Sir William.
Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
In game Level: 70
Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
I'm on Twitter regularly

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Ash and Fire (Hard)
    t1a0pikpl2wl.png

The final dungeon that can be defeated with old fashioned strategy minus the luck. You have the furnace as a foe once again and I heavily advise bringing Therand. Or better just fire to prepare yourself for the nightmare ahead. This dungeon drops Dagrund Blacksmoke tokens. He’s a very useful and fun hero. Did you know that a FA 6* Dagrund can 1v1 Lord Chromus and win? Cool huh! Well time for this guide to end and for me to get back to
    farming.

Enemies:

Sun Lord: Skull cracker hits a few times but isn’t too worrisome unless in large numbers. They take boosted damage from lightning, less from physical attacks, and never miss. Counter with Overlord Executum, Squinch, Therand, Electricity, or Jabber

Cavern Lord: Skull cracker hits thrice. They don’t appear to have any other abilities, They never miss and take less damage from melee attacks, Counter with Squinch, Jabber, or Therand.

Rubyfist Rune Master: Blazing rune will make an ally immune to burn and give them the ability to burn anyone who touches them. They never miss, hunt fire and start with bonus energy. Counter with Sir William.

Pyrotech Engineer: Unknown Chemicals is murder. These guys are pyros, burn on contact, never miss, and hunt armour. Counter with Sir William.

Minibosses:

Dagrund Blacksmoke: This dwarf healer will infuse himself or an ally with 3 energy, smack massive damage onto you, and then heal himself or an ally buffing himself in the process/ His traits allow him to heal every time he hits you, buff casters, and never miss. Counter with Jabber clenchjaw.

Therand Fiddlestrom: Watch out for this dwarf. His Thermal Detonator, his helmet missiles, and his cheers mate all hit hard. He ignores armour meaning that he’ll just shred heroes like Overlord Executum, Squinch, and Sir William, He’s mythical so tanks and slow heroes take boosted damage from him, he takes less damage from an armoured hero, never misses and deals boosted damage to armoured enemies. Counter with Zurk or Jabber.
    ghb1y1bilbs1.png

The Furnace: He burns, he resets energy, and has a wicked taunt. His first ability is always charged and he should never be underestimated. He gains pressure from fire attacks and crits but loses it to Water, He’s a construct so he cannot be debuffed, and is armoured. But worst of all Abs of steel only allows him to lose 20% per hit. That can really put a thorn in your side. Counter with Any caster, Lady Nim, Therand Fiddlestrom, or Sir William.

Per the norm I ask players who have beaten VH to post their teams and how many stars they got.
    My team was Abigail, Nitpick, Ignus, and Piginus for 2*
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Have I ever mentioned Abigail the brutal is one of my favorite heroes?
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Have I ever mentioned Abigail the brutal is one of my favorite heroes?

Shes my favorite
    Hintedforyou

I will always find something to complain about, even as ridiculous as it may sound.
    My notifications box seems to have stopped working sorry if you get no reply from me.
    Current goal:FA Leonidus

• 2 Revive and 1 Energy pots
    Just played it on using full revives on The Furnace. Also, everyone but The Furnace (3*) was at 6*

7tdna2hyk1cy.png
    Andre4897
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    apfuv5zl9ghe.png

Only brought revives. furnace 3, rest 6. All 68 FA. Probably would result in 2* half the time. But I am not inclined to test. I don't see a good way (or a need) to 3* it
  • 3* Furnace, 4* Abi, 5* Squinch and 6* Ignus. All 67 FA. Only brought revives.
    0 Stars, but got the tokens.
    KashHatton
  • NotourNotour Member
    edited May 2016
    I have 3* Furnace, 4* Abi, 6* Squinch and 6* Ignus. All are FA except Ignus(only first ascension) and all are level 70 and I can't see the way to pass it at least for the 0 stars :(
    Furnace is down in the third room after the taunt.
    Maybe there are some tricks?
  • Tried about a dozen times, 3 star furnace, 6 star everything else. Came close once. Gave up after long enough. Hate when I can't use most of my heroes.
  • Notour wrote: »
    I have 3* Furnace, 4* Abi, 6* Squinch and 6* Ignus. All are FA except Ignus(only first ascension) and all are level 70 and I can't see the way to pass it at least for the 0 stars :(
    Furnace is down in the third room after the taunt.
    Maybe there are some tricks?

The revives are what did it for me. Furnace died 3 times, but kept the heat off of the damage dealers
    KashHatton
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    Try waiting until the third room before activating furnace's taunt
  • edited May 2016
    Didn't realize VH was a share your team instead of a guide now, whoops. I beat it on Friday, forgot to take a shot of the winning screen but this is what I shared with my guild
    654071p2wyvm.png

Pretty much sums it up haha. 0* victory but I will definitely take it.

All heroes FA and 6* except Pig, he was 5*. I brought 2 heals and 1 energy, definitely needed them all.
    centralcommand