What can I do as F2P

First I am vip 4 spending very minimal, I am also very unlucky with hero drops and if I do get a hero you can bet he will never see past his base stars. I see posts about pvp and what heroes are strong and some comps from high level players but they are all using heroic portal or vio portal heroes in their team or have 6*yoko and he only has 2 tokens to farm. How can I compete with most of these teams in pvp when most of my characters can't compete with either new hero skill sets or I just lack the stars and Ascension to compete? I understand F2P should be weaker but it's starting to feel like I'm useless vs heavy ascended max star zomm teams or heroes I don't even own. Any help? Looking to get better in the pvp ladder but my heroes feel obsolete

Comments

• I'm VIP 1 and have almost maybe about 45 heroes 6*. It just takes time.

By the way, my go-to PvP lineup is Torchy, Bovus (or Yoko) and AoE two damage dealers (Igorok, Ponti, Julius, even Therand or Tsume). In a pitch, Nub can replace the second damage dealer. Most of those are farmable and can win most PvP battles.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • Your title is misleading, F2P is usually reserved for VIP 0. Not trying to insult you, but that's my first impressions. And I'm going to agree with lordb, it takes time, quite a bit of it. Some ways that can assist you to get better heroes/roster, etc:

Join a 6k/9k guild. These reward a free heroic summon every week, along with gold, energy, and augustus tokens. Orbs help out by making your heroes stronger against their opposite element, but takes time to accrue.

Don't spend gems on skin events, not trying to start a flame war, but it seems you wanna concentrate on your actual hero roster power, and skins provide zero attributes to your heroes. It's purely cosmetic.

Wait for events (like the Furnace one right now) to spend your gems. These event exclusive heroes are very powerful and provide great synergy with their selective classes (Furnace - Dagrund combo for PVE, Cruel King Bramble goblin team, etc.). You might not be able to 6* them right away, but you'll have the means necessary to make semi-powerful teams.

Try and finish the tower everyday. That's 300 gems from 30min-1hour of work, along with 70 stamina, 500k gold, and Yorick tokens.

Other than that, put in the time; it's the greatest hurdle if you decide to not spend money. Hope this helps.
  • Wait for events (like the Furnace one right now) to spend your gems. These event exclusive heroes are very powerful and provide great synergy with their selective classes (Furnace - Dagrund combo for PVE, Cruel King Bramble goblin team, etc.). You might not be able to 6* them right away, but you'll have the means necessary to make semi-powerful teams.

Also, some of them (especially Furnace) are entirely usable at 3* if FAed.
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    In theory, you can get everything that's not exclusive to the VIP Portal, and sometimes, VIP-exclusive heroes are featured in the Heroic portal! So... without enough time and patience, I guess you could get everything! :smile:
  • Dad2KNKDad2KNK Member
    @colemcnizzle I agree with what @JackHallow666 meant to say. With time and patience you can get it all. Patience is the key.

I am pure f2p and don't have bramble malice and Kai. Everyone else is FA and most are 6*.

I had a long dry spell over several weeks with no unlocks for new heroes then got hansuke and furnace within a couple days of each other. RNG is, well, random.

Be careful not to get discouraged by the phalanx of slow levelers from 35-45. That cluster can make anyone think they are behind the power curve when in reality they are not. Play your game and it will all come to you
  • XohRaZeXohRaZe Member
    Try and finish the tower everyday. That's 300 gems from 30min-1hour of work, along with 70 stamina, 500k gold, and Yorick tokens.
    Hi, you probably know this better than me, but the gold is dependent on the level... i get 250~290k since im level 34...

anyways, this is the correct way to do it, everything @livinginiraqw00t said.
  • You don't need fancy heroes to win pvp. I barely use any of my heroic heroes.
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hompipah wrote: »
    You don't need fancy heroes to win pvp. I barely use any of my heroic heroes.

Yes, honor heroes work well too! Shadowblade, Black Diamond, Tsume, Abigail and Bovus are all great PvP choices you don't need gems for!