Game Update Notes: May 17th, 2016

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Note: We have an update that is going live within the next hour or so and will be available to everyone over the course of a few hours. This will require you to update the Dungeon Boss app in the store.

Today’s update brings the previously mentioned Aether Shop, which you can use to purchase exclusive Skins, Heroes, and items with the new Aether currency. Read the blog post for full details!

Additionally, this update includes some additions and removals to the Great, Heroic, and Honor Portals and some minor fixes and quality of life improvements.

General Fixes
  • Players can now choose their game language in-game under “Settings” without having to change the language on their phones. Parlez-vous français?
  • Fixed an issue in which Ignus’ Wall of Fire was not persisting if his attack missed all enemies. It now persists.
  • Tapping on the Raid refresh button when a player is out of gems will now have a gems offer pop-up.
  • Clarified that the VIP 4 Stamina Bonus only affects gem cost of the stamina refresh.

Portal Changes
  • Ignus will no longer be available in the Portals, but will still be available in the main campaign.
  • Great Portal: Removed Torchy, Tsume, Shadowblade, and Alexandros.
  • Heroic Portal: Removed Ignus, Overlord Executum, and Ekko.
    • Malice: Consequent full unlocks now give 30 Tokens instead of 15.
  • Honor Portal: Removed Ignus, Kobal, Jabber Clenchjaw, and Phemus.
    • Added Torchy, Tsume, Shadowblade, Overlord Executum, and Ekko.

Aether Conversions for Excess Hero Tokens
  • When players log in after this update, all excess Tokens will be converted at that time. Token amount converted and Aether gained will be displayed per Hero to players when this occurs.
    • Any excess Tokens earned after that initial conversion will be immediately converted into Aether. Each time this happens, players will see excess Tokens earned count down and how much Aether is gained.
  • All Heroes have been classified as either Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Legendary. A selection of Hero Tokens will be available in the Aether Shop at launch. Expect Aether Shop content to change over time.
  • Excess Bronze Hero Tokens are converted to 5 Aether.
    • Bronze Heroes: Willow, Abigail, Torchy, Phemus, Kobal, Rogar, Zurk, Squinch, Stone Fist, Yasmin, Nitpick, Sir William, Mangle Jaw, Bovus, Jabber Clenchjaw, Selwyn, and Lupina
  • Excess Silver Hero Tokens are converted to 10 Aether.
    • Silver Heroes: Black Diamond, Overlord Executum, Therand, Dagrund, Dhaegon, Chief NubNub, Rocky, Shadowblade, Tsume, Samurai Takumi, Yorick, Ella, Yokozuna, Ekko, and Ignus
  • Excess Gold Hero Tokens are converted to 25 Aether.
    • Gold Heroes: Lady Nimriel, Indigo, Balog, Malice, Archangel Emily, Phenol Toxin, Julius, Leo, Icebloom, Icepick, Alexandros, Sifu, Masuta Kira, Augustus, Pignius, Life Reaper Brom, Hansuke, and Kai Makani.
  • Excess Legendary Hero Tokens are converted to 30 Aether.
    • Legendary Heroes: King Bramble, IGOROK, The Furnace, Pontifex, and Lord Zomm.

Guilds
    • Players can no longer send Guild Invites if the Invited tab is full.

Shop Changes
    • Added detailed descriptions to Daily Award offers.
    • Fixed names of a few Evos in the PWN Shop that were incorrectly named.
    • Added a confirmation pop-up when tapping on Shop Refresh letting players know that this refreshes the shop items only, and that it doesn’t reset purchase availability.

Visual/Audio Fixes
    • Players will now see their Hero Token progress when getting Tokens from Bossmail or one of the Shops.
    • The VIP Rewards descriptions in the VIP tab have received a visual overhaul. Shiny!
    • Rogar’s Candy Cane texture should now be fixed. Too much sugar is bad, m'kay?

Comments

• AnokuuAnokuu Member
    edited May 2016
    My reactions:

no more ignus in portal hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha my mad is finally gone hahahahahaaahaahaa

Now I see why Pupuer wants EVERY PONTI TOKEN so bad.

He knew ponti will be legendary token and worth 30 Aether.

He KNEW IT

Also the cancel invite doesn't work, when canceling invite the invite message still stays in the player's mail box.

WHY LUPINA ONLY WORTH 5 AETHER??? SHE IS RARER THEN PONTI!!!! I think lupina should be 100 aether at least. I can count how many people maxed lupina with my finger.
  • Lupina is bronze?!?!?!?

What?!?!??!?!?
  • MarauderNETMarauderNET Member
    edited May 2016
    Joveth wrote: »
    Excess Lupina tokens are rare, so in order to help players upgrade her, we've classified her as Bronze, which means purchasing her tokens are relatively cheaper in the Aether Shop then the other tiers.

So Lupina tokens cost 5 Aether per token in the shop, then? If not, you're losing value on your existing excess Lupina tokens since they were so rare to obtain in the first place. I can see making them easier to acquire in the shop, but not for the value of converting them.
  • Joveth wrote: »
    Lupina is bronze?!?!?!?

What?!?!??!?!?

Excess Lupina tokens are rare, so in order to help players upgrade her, we've classified her as Bronze, which means purchasing her tokens are relatively cheaper in the Aether Shop then the other tiers.

You have just utterly confused me. I thought the value of the token was based on rarity. Based on that logic shouldn't legendary heroes be bronze as well?

I guess Lupina is the exception. But what about players that have farmed her to 6*. Now every treasure room is a chance at a bronze token. Snore.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    edited May 2016
    rarity works both ways, in selling excess tokens and in buying them from aether shop. though, i guess it won't be a 1:1 rate

also @Joveth any thoughts on this? http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/11962/repeat-button-in-in-dungeon-menu#latest
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • I like the adjustments that you made to the portal loot tables. I believe that is a positive change. The rest not so much. The shop doesn't offer any of the best heroes. Hopefully better heroes will be brought to the shop in the near future.
  • epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited May 2016
    Awful
  • Also just realized the aether shop only offers heroes that are currently in the greater and honor portals only. Not a single heroic exclusive hero is in the shop. Quite disappointing.
  • Only need 270k to star up the fire lady, that's sweet!! I'm so excited.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    This is just an awful update. I've been farming like crazy to close the great portal so I can start spending gold on abilities and now it's full again.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    Has there been any change to the VIP portal, or is that still in the works?
  • dLight26 wrote: »
    Only need 270k to star up the fire lady, that's sweet!! I'm so excited.

All for the measly fee of 9k excess legendary tokens. What will you do with the rest of your igo tokens?
  • LOL. I had 11,800 excess tokens which translated to 194K Aether. So, basically 1/3 of the way to six-star the new heroes with that number of excess tokens. I'm no math expert, but I think that means I need another 28,000 excess tokens to 6* both of these heroes? Someone please tell me I'm wrong.
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    Joveth wrote: »
    [*] Players will now see their Hero Token progress when getting Tokens from Bossmail or one of the Shops.

im also seeing Hero token progress in the portals

like i saw the counter go from 47/150 and then change to 48/150

not sure if this is new to this update but i like that
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • dLight26dLight26 Member
    edited May 2016
    LOL. I had 11,800 excess tokens which translated to 194K Aether. So, basically 1/3 of the way to six-star the new heroes with that number of excess tokens. I'm no math expert, but I think that means I need another 28,000 excess tokens to 6* both of these heroes? Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Yea, you are wrong, you need 466k more AETHER to 6* the new heroES.
    Please enjoy
    edited May 2016
    dLight26 wrote: »
    LOL. I had 11,800 excess tokens which translated to 194K Aether. So, basically 1/3 of the way to six-star the new heroes with that number of excess tokens. I'm no math expert, but I think that means I need another 28,000 excess tokens to 6* both of these heroes? Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Please enjoy

Right. And if 11K excess tokens = 194k aether, than doesn't approximately 28K excess tokens = 466K aether? I understand you use aether. You get aether from excess tokens. So it is approximately that number of tokens farmed or summoned from the portals.
  • db_pundb_pun Member
    Lol, brutal conversion. Game over DB. Well played.
  • pewpewpewpew Member
    So with 100 excess bronze tokens I get 500 aether which can be then used to buy 5 bronze hero tokens. A net loss of 95 tokens. The grind just got excruciatingly real for all the players looking to 6* their toons.

Please enjoy

Right. And if 11K excess tokens = 194k aether, than doesn't approximately 28K excess tokens = 466K aether? I understand you use aether.

You are right.
    My head can't function properly after the update, my bad.
  • Updates are always fun. Some early thoughts:

1- Noticed a sharp drop in full unlocks from the honor portal. Yesterday 1full/3 pulls, today 1full/12-15 pulls.
    2- you wrote justicar several times and Alexandros none. Name change?
    3- Black Diamond full unlock = 250 aether, so 15 full BD unlocks will get 5 Aria tokens. Noting the reduced frequency of full unlocks mentioned above I look forward to getting 6* Aria around when I collect social security
    4- Aria and Ember look fun, confused as to why Ember has an all celestial ascension cost like Aria despite being unlegendary

Any event, thanks for all the work to keep the game fresh
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    the conversion rate is painful.
    edited May 2016
    dLight26 wrote: »
    You are right.

OK. Thanks. This is beyond idiotic if this is correct. Let me see if my math still serves me. So, 28000 tokens at say 30 tokens per pull generously is say 900 pulls. If I divide that by 10 per 2700 gems (assuming the heroic portal), that is 250,000 gems. At 14K gems / $100, isn't that $1800 to 6* both these heroes? I believe it would have been $200 to 6* both heroes before. So this is a 9x increase in cost if this math is correct.
  • Updates are always fun. Some early thoughts:

1- Noticed a sharp drop in full unlocks from the honor portal. Yesterday 1full/3 pulls, today 1full/12-15 pulls.

You can't draw any conclusions on such a small sample size.

Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Updates are always fun. Some early thoughts:

1- Noticed a sharp drop in full unlocks from the honor portal. Yesterday 1full/3 pulls, today 1full/12-15 pulls. Prior to the update, I've had a string of bad luck on the honor portal. 0 unlocks out of the last 15 pulls over the past week. Likely just RNG.
    2- you wrote justicar several times and Alexandros none. Name change? They've already fixed that typo
    3- Black Diamond full unlock = 250 aether, so 15 full BD unlocks will get 5 Aria tokens. Noting the reduced frequency of full unlocks mentioned above I look forward to getting 6* Aria around when I collect social security Full unlock frequency shouldn't have been altered, but we'll need a larger sample size to know for certain
    4- Aria and Ember look fun, confused as to why Ember has an all celestial ascension cost like Aria despite being unlegendary Probably because most people who have excess tokens also have a bunch of those celestials to spend. :D

Any event, thanks for all the work to keep the game fresh
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
    You are right.

OK. Thanks. This is beyond idiotic if this is correct. Let me see if my math still serves me. So, 28000 tokens at say 30 tokens per pull generously is say 900 pulls. If I divide that by 10 per 2700 gems (assuming the heroic portal), that is 250,000 gems. At 14K gems / $100, isn't that $1800 to 6* both these heroes? I believe it would have been $200 to 6* both heroes before. So this is a 9x increase in cost if this math is correct.

Get aether from farming gold heroes/Honor scrolls and pull stuff from great summon should be the way to go..
    can get 1050 aether per ponti unlock.
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited May 2016
    Here my calcs. Let me know if someone sees an error. That's a lot of excess tokens to 6 star either new hero.

hbrydmz4ak2r.jpg

Edit to 6 star token count thanks to @Therrinn
    and changed gold to 25 aether, thanks to @justthisguy
    and alphabetized
    (wow, I'm getting sloppy!)
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited May 2016
    Foozle wrote: »
    Here my calcs. Let me know if someone sees an error. That's a lot of excess tokens to 6 star either new hero.

not bad, 6ish ponti tournaments yielding 5 Aria tokens
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • lordbbbb wrote: »
    Updates are always fun. Some early thoughts:

You can't draw any conclusions on such a small sample size.

That's a fair point. I only dropped about 40k scrolls each day, but it seemed like a large enough set to note the difference.
    Get aether from farming gold heroes/Honor scrolls and pull stuff from great summon should be the way to go..
    can get 1050 aether per ponti unlock.

Yeah. Thanks. I'm just trying to compare at what I had to do before if they released these heroes in the Heroic Portal since with all other heroes 6* only tokens for the new heroes would have been summoned. If I decide to, I'll use other means, but I was trying to just get a general comparison.