Heroic Portal "Featured" Hero - Post Results

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited June 2016
    Well the results are in for my Bramble pulls and the news isn't good.

110 heroic pulls and a total of 7 unlocks. This equates to a 6.36% rate. The longest I went without an unlock was 27 chests.

Needless to say, I'm done with this thread. I had really hoped that perhaps they changed "featured" to mean something, but that hope is gone now. The directors have done literally everything they can to make sure this game burns in a fiery pit of failure.

Bonus points: I got 164 yoko tokens. The game slapped me in the face 164 times and laughed as it watched me burn my money. At least I can say it was for the sake of science.

If someone else wants to continue this thread, they are welcome to but I'm done contributing to this community. This game isn't worth my effort. Here's to hoping the directors can figure out the grave mistakes they have made and save this ship before it sinks completely. In the mean time, I will do my BEST to make sure as many people as possible know to never play this game.

Edit:@Joveth Can you tell the men upstairs to make featured mean featured? Even if they doubled the rate, it wouldn't really fix anything... but it may slow the oncoming water a little.
  • Well they could make every 300 gem spent in heroic portal be an unlock of a hero. Sometimes you get unlock of a hero plus some orbs. But that sounds too good, so it wont happen. I used like 25 summons got 2-3 cruel bramble unlocks and 1 cobressa something like 15 chest (so much fun everytime) plus a few random unlocks (aether yay!).
  • @MattCauthron thank you for testing the heroic portal.

The yoko skin drop rate was decent and featured heroes should be the same.
  • @MattCauthron

Wait, you knew full well just how much DB scammed players by crippling the portals, yet you decided to keep spending money anyway? You specifically complained about "burning your money."

What exactly did you expect? Also, by spending money, you have only rewarded the very people who have screwed you and laugh behind your back.
    edited June 2016
    Mr_Master2 wrote: »
    @MattCauthron

Wait, you knew full well just how much DB scammed players by crippling the portals, yet you decided to keep spending money anyway? You specifically complained about "burning your money."

What exactly did you expect? Also, by spending money, you have only rewarded the very people who have screwed you and laugh behind your back.

I expected to get a meaningful data sample for the community on what a "featured" drop rate consists of. I was obviously hoping for positive results for myself (And what I see as the future of the game), and though Zomm was promising it appears I just got lucky with him. Cobressa and Bramble drop rates appears to be quite a bit lower.

So yes, I spent money for the sake of helping the playerbase. I "burned" money in the fact what I got back was not worth the effort. It is why I will not be doing this anymore.

I will add that I also got 91 cobressa tokens and enough aether for 71 ember tokens. In total I spent 74 gems per "needed token". If you assuming token refresh costs on average 41 per token (Due to gold/purple chests) I paid a 3,630 gem premium for 5,750 orbs. At this point I am getting relatively close to having my whole roster blessed (48 blessings so far), and of course like celestials, orbs will becoming worthless then and I'm sure an additional source of much frustration. I expect this to occur within 3 months before whales start to loudly complain about useless purple chests with 500 orbs they will never use.

If there had been another hero in the portal that I needed, the results could have been quite a bit better.

TLDR: I think the best way to spend money now, is to spend the absolute minimum to unlock new heroes/skin and simply stock up... for months. The longer you wait the better. Once there are a reasonable amount of new heroes in the heroic portal you can drop a few hundred dollars and get them all to 5 stars. Ideally you would do this when a new legendary (Or OP timed exclusive hero like Hansuke but better) was being featured.

I hope this information helps someone! It was a $300 study. At least people can also see just how little you get with the new system for large amounts of money.
  • Mr_Master2Mr_Master2 Member
    edited June 2016
    @MattCauthron

I could have told you you'd be flushing your money down the toilet weeks ago but it's better you learned late as opposed to never.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @MattCauthron i do value them :)

however, why didnt you do the 10x pulls? that way you would have gotten at the very least 11 full unlocks... this is not out of the blue, look:

you are probably assuming that "cobressa full unlock" has an absolute % on all the portal outcomes. this would make single pulls more statistically valuable, to prove the real %.

however, what if it worked this way: first, you are rolled for a full unlock OR chest. Then, the prize is rolled. this way, a single absolute % of rolling full unlocks exists, and then, only if you roll that, cobressa might have, say, 2x appearance probability than all the other heroes.

if the second case was real, you shouldn't expect a % higher than 10% on single pulls, as 10x pulls guarantee you the exact 10% chance of full unlock (and they are supposed to give you more value). so, you would have been hitting 110 times a 7% (say) chance. of course 110 is no longer a representative sample to see if a hero is "featured" and how.

rather, by performing 10x summons, you would have gotten a higher number of unlocks, and maybe have been able to see that cobressa or CKB had actually a 2x or so appearance rate compared to the others.

i think it makes some sense, no?
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
    edited June 2016
    melkio wrote: »
    @MattCauthron i do value them :)

however, why didnt you do the 10x pulls? that way you would have gotten at the very least 11 full unlocks... this is not out of the blue, look:

you are probably assuming that "cobressa full unlock" has an absolute % on all the portal outcomes. this would make single pulls more statistically valuable, to prove the real %.

however, what if it worked this way: first, you are rolled for a full unlock OR chest. Then, the prize is rolled. this way, a single absolute % of rolling full unlocks exists, and then, only if you roll that, cobressa might have, say, 2x appearance probability than all the other heroes.

if the second case was real, you shouldn't expect a % higher than 10% on single pulls, as 10x pulls guarantee you the exact 10% chance of full unlock (and they are supposed to give you more value). so, you would have been hitting 110 times a 7% (say) chance. of course 110 is no longer a representative sample to see if a hero is "featured" and how.

rather, by performing 10x summons, you would have gotten a higher number of unlocks, and maybe have been able to see that cobressa or CKB had actually a 2x or so appearance rate compared to the others.

i think it makes some sense, no?

Sorry I must not have been clear. I got 7 Bramble unlocks and 3 Cobressa unlocks plus assorted tokens for both of them. I got quite a few "aether" unlocks that I simply didn't break out since they are all the same to me. You could do a rough estimate by the fact I had 32k aether after it all. On an interesting note, out of the 200+ pulls for zomm/cobressa/bramble I only got 1 Igorok unlock so I think we can deduce he is significantly more rare then the others.

Another way to look at it would be: I got 22 chests/unlocks with either Bramble or Cobressa tokens. The other 88 chests/unlocks were "aether" and since I got enough aether for 71 ember tokens... The cost of an ember token was roughly 371 gems. You can discount this if you still value orbs. Aria on the other hand, I got enough aether for 49 tokens. This equates to 539 gems per aria token.

I think this pretty clearly display the absurdity of the aether exchange rates.

• So I did 2 10x rolls in an attempt to get Bramble, who is the only hero left at this time I am interested in obtaining (got Zomm on the last featured event). This time, no dice - only ended up with 4 Bramble tokens. I want to get Bramble so I can make use of the Gobbo synergies. Could care less about some of the other new heroes - although I did unlock Cobressa, who will simply be tower fodder. I spent all the gems I have made through the Tower and daily gem special, and that is it - I refuse to give in buying gem packs or bundles. But I play a bit differently than some - only do the Tower & PVP. And my roster is more than sufficient (despite not having a single 6*) to excel at both at lvl 35. So I will go back to collecting and reroll the next time Bramble is featured I guess. I know 20 rolls isn't much of a sample but figured I'd add to the data collection anyway
  • So I did 2 10x rolls in an attempt to get Bramble, who is the only hero left at this time I am interested in obtaining (got Zomm on the last featured event). This time, no dice - only ended up with 4 Bramble tokens. I want to get Bramble so I can make use of the Gobbo synergies. Could care less about some of the other new heroes - although I did unlock Cobressa, who will simply be tower fodder. I spent all the gems I have made through the Tower and daily gem special, and that is it - I refuse to give in buying gem packs or bundles. But I play a bit differently than some - only do the Tower & PVP. And my roster is more than sufficient (despite not having a single 6*) to excel at both at lvl 35. So I will go back to collecting and reroll the next time Bramble is featured I guess. I know 20 rolls isn't much of a sample but figured I'd add to the data collection anyway

Thanks! I'm starting to think different featured heros have different drop rates. Zomm's seemed high while Bramble and Cobressa definitely appear lower. It's a shame there's so little consistency... but hey then it wouldn't be gambling! (Which is exactly what it felt like last night doing these, and I HATE gambling)
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @MattCauthron knowing the guys here, drop rates might just alternate high-low
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • gmungmun Member
    Thanks for updating @MattCauthron. Like you I had been hoping that along with the portal nerf they had AT LEAST significantly increased the featured drop rate. And it doesn't look like it.
    Gmun
  • melkiomelkio Member
    i really can't figure out why they don't straight disclose how the numbers work in this game. like, why keeping dmg equation purposedly secret? likewise with portals, or some passives.

"increased", "improved", "better", "featured","chance","a bit", "a lot". OH COME ON!

for sure in the codes they have numbers for all of these, then why?
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    melkio wrote: »
    i really can't figure out why they don't straight disclose how the numbers work in this game. like, why keeping dmg equation purposedly secret? likewise with portals, or some passives.

"increased", "improved", "better", "featured","chance","a bit", "a lot". OH COME ON!

for sure in the codes they have numbers for all of these, then why?

Agree. Very strange that sometimes they do disclose the percentages and other times they are vague. Doesn't really make sense. At least we do know the damage formula now.
  • melkiomelkio Member
    @Joveth a clear speech on this would be nice, do you think it's possible? we can make a full list in minutes, if requested
    TrueMelkio?gid=ascension
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited June 2016
    Foozle wrote: »
    Agree. Very strange that sometimes they do disclose the percentages and other times they are vague. Doesn't really make sense. At least we do know the damage formula now.

For those interested:

Damage Formula: [Base Damage]*[Attack Stat]/[Defense Stat]*[Rand(0.9,1.1)]*[Modifier1]*[Modifier2....]

Relevant post:

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/8672/dungeon-boss-damage-calculation-research-results/p1
  • I got bramble on my first pull. Pretty happy about that.
    There was once a savage goblin by the name of Squinch
    When he delves into dungeons he makes his enemies flinch
    Shredding wolfs, beasts, and sumo's alike
    It would be foolish to call this hero a little tyke
  • I got a full CKB unlike on my 3rd individual pull (I consider myself extremely lucky).
  • misawamisawa Member
    Did a 10x Heroic summon yesterday (character tokens only - not concerned with other "stuff" right now):
    1. Chest - Augustus x 6
    2. Sifu unlock (x25)
    3. Bramble unlock
    4. Chest - Balog x 5
    5. Chest - Yoko x 4
    6. Chest - Bramble x 4
    7. Cobressa unlock
    8. Chest - Bramble x 4
    9. Chest - Phenol x 4
    10. Chest - Brom x 5

Happy that I finally pulled Bramble... to now join Hansuke, Indigo, Icepick, Malice, Lupina, Dhaegon and Icebloom as 3 star, less than fully ascended heroes who are little more than tower sacrifices.

Oh, and Cobressa. :|
  • misawa wrote: »
    Did a 10x Heroic summon yesterday (character tokens only - not concerned with other "stuff" right now):
    1. Chest - Augustus x 6
    2. Sifu unlock (x25)
    3. Bramble unlock
    4. Chest - Balog x 5
    5. Chest - Yoko x 4
    6. Chest - Bramble x 4
    7. Cobressa unlock
    8. Chest - Bramble x 4
    9. Chest - Phenol x 4
    10. Chest - Brom x 5

Happy that I finally pulled Bramble... to now join Hansuke, Indigo, Icepick, Malice, Lupina, Dhaegon and Icebloom as 3 star, less than fully ascended heroes who are little more than tower sacrifices.

Oh, and Cobressa. :|

That was a solid 10 pull! I didn't bother doing any extra pulls last night. I only need 16 more tokens to 6 star Bramble so I just got 1000 trophy lead on second and let it alone. Maybe I just had bad luck in my sample. If we have an actual statistics person here I'd love a standard of deviation calculation given my sample size.
  • @MattCauthron how many bramble tokens total did you get including chests? I appreciate the gems to token ratio for featured heroes.
    edited June 2016
    @MattCauthron how many bramble tokens total did you get including chests? I appreciate the gems to token ratio for featured heroes.

I got a total of 281 bramble tokens which equates to 117 gems per token. Keep in mind this is ONLY gems per bramble. The premium on those tokens also got me 91 cobressa tokens, almost 6 blessings, and 32k aether. Without Cobressa it would have been significantly more disappointing.

If you ONLY want Bramble tokens then token refresh is the way to go, but of course you pay a long term price of missing out on aether.

Obviously this does not take into consideration the initial unlock which is far more valuable.
  • Assuming you had one non 6 star hero only in portal that was featured and using your numbers above you wouldn't be forsaking that much aether.

Again based on your numbers you can get bramble tokens for 41 each so rather than 33k gems you spent you get it for 11.5k gems so you can still get 2/3 of the aether or if you 6* bramble the technically a little more because you will get some better aether from this.

Matt your numbers are also interesting on long run aether per heroic pull, looks like 311 per pull of you convert your cobressa tokens to aether. This is ten average of 12.46 gold hero tokens per pull.

To put this into context compared to refreshing first 2 times on dungeons that drop gold tokens, Is the equivalent of 20 per heroic pull or over 50% better value (assuming time / stamin to do this).

Interesting!
    edited June 2016
    ace_1650cp wrote: »
    Assuming you had one non 6 star hero only in portal that was featured and using your numbers above you wouldn't be forsaking that much aether.

Again based on your numbers you can get bramble tokens for 41 each so rather than 33k gems you spent you get it for 11.5k gems so you can still get 2/3 of the aether or if you 6* bramble the technically a little more because you will get some better aether from this.

Matt your numbers are also interesting on long run aether per heroic pull, looks like 311 per pull of you convert your cobressa tokens to aether. This is ten average of 12.46 gold hero tokens per pull.

To put this into context compared to refreshing first 2 times on dungeons that drop gold tokens, Is the equivalent of 20 per heroic pull or over 50% better value (assuming time / stamin to do this).

Interesting!

I'm saving up honor scrolls to do a bunch of honor summons. I'll start with a sample size of 100 and get to 200 within a couple weeks. I'm quite confident honor is the best way to get aether, and that you should be using gems to refresh raid tickets up to a certain point.

I plan on calculating the optimal number of refreshes that should be done per day to maximize aether gain. As I continue to grow my sample sizes of heroic vs honor my calculation will become more refined, but 200 of each is a good basis.

Edit: I should note that though I enjoy doing all this, the fundamental problem with this whole thing is the terrible aether exchange rate. I feel the need to reiterate that though I'm trying to min max the new system, I in no way condone it. Min/maxing is just within my nature. It's why I spend the money to max the heroic portal in the first place.
  • I was thinking the same thing with regards to honour matt. Should be fairly simple to work out as honour is much more plentiful and cheap!

I don't totally agree that the Aether conversion rate is the issue, you can get like 1-2 aria tokens per day without heroic portal and just normal farming.

It's a bit chicken or egg imo. Aether rate being higher would make it better value but you can argue root of problem is that you can't avoid farming it in the heroic portAl.
  • ace_1650cp wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing with regards to honour matt. Should be fairly simple to work out as honour is much more plentiful and cheap!

I don't totally agree that the Aether conversion rate is the issue, you can get like 1-2 aria tokens per day without heroic portal and just normal farming.

It's a bit chicken or egg imo. Aether rate being higher would make it better value but you can argue root of problem is that you can't avoid farming it in the heroic portAl.

I agree. There are two variables and I think some people are losing that. If they increased the aether exchange rate significantly, and released more aether heroes (Think 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 as opposed to 20 to 1 which is beyond ridiculous) I think there would be a lot less hate towards this change. Alternatively if they boosted how often you see needed heroes, it would also help. Either way they need to tweak something because the current system is broken. I shouldn't have to roll a complete crap shoot for 5% return on my gems or 100% return.
  • seth33seth33 Member
    So I like the Aug skin. Had 2 free spins from who knows when and 1600 gems. In the 7 spins I got 4 gold chests (mostly yoko tokens) 2 yoko unlocks and a bal unlock..... I mean what in the crap. I will not even use free gems on heroic ever again no matter how much I like a skin or new character...
  • seth33 wrote: »
    So I like the Aug skin. Had 2 free spins from who knows when and 1600 gems. In the 7 spins I got 4 gold chests (mostly yoko tokens) 2 yoko unlocks and a bal unlock..... I mean what in the crap. I will not even use free gems on heroic ever again no matter how much I like a skin or new character...

My first spin was yoko unlock so I feel yea man. Took 12 pulls to unlock it myself. Heroic portal definitely sucks big time now.