Today’s update is our biggest update ever and includes the following exciting features:
- Titles, Achievements, and Improved Player Profile: Now you can show off your accomplishments and earn rare titles with your friends. You can read more about this here.
- Runes: Customize your Heroes' stats with the new, versatile system. Collect materials, craft runes, and make your Heroes even more powerful than ever with Runes. You can read all about them here and here.
- Epics: Ten of our Heroes (soon to be more) have incredibly powerful new Epics to obtain to cause a massive amount of damage and a chance for neat effects to appear with basic attacks. Find out how to obtain them and how they work here.
- Boss Mode: If you think you're tough, then it's time to take on the most challenging dungeons you've ever faced in the new Boss Mode. Inspired by recent event dungeons, some of these dungeons will have interesting, special requirements that you need to adhere to. Boss Island also awaits the best of the best, and is the only place you'll be able to upgrade your epics and find the rarest Runes in the game! Read more details here.
Additionally this update includes general performance optimizations and a lot of bug fixes and general changes.
Here is the list of patch notes for this Game Update:
- Improved the downloading of initial data of the game for new installs.
- Introduced general performance improvements for lower end devices.
- Improved general responsiveness with button pressing and scrolling.
- Fixed an issue that will help keep the storage size of the game on your device much smaller. We blame the Lich.
- The Friend List now shows the last time that a friend used your Hero. I’m looking at you, Ted.
- Friend invites will now include the name of the Guild that the friend is in.
- Players can no longer send Guild invites to players that are already in their Guild. That’s silly.
- On the Hero Ascension screen, we’ve now made it easier to see which Evos you have enough of by displaying the amounts in green, and which Evos you need more of by displaying those amounts in red.
- Fixed an issue in which a player’s tab location in the Aether shop wasn’t being remembered after making a purchase.
- Removed Yokozuna from the Heroic Portal and Hansuke has taken his place.
- Added new Daily Quests, as well as new Quests for the new features in this update.
- Added a replay button for when a player is defeated in a dungeon. Dust yourself off and try again.
- Removed the auto-attack button from the Drake of Balaur fight, since it’s not really an option due to it being a tutorial.
- Dungeons must now be fully completed in order to collect loot. This is done by opening up the final dungeon chest.
- Player experience cannot be avoided by not collecting the final chest of a dungeon. All loot is automatically rewarded.
- Wooden chests have been replaced with Rune Chests starting in Chapter 4 of the main campaign. (Wooden chests still appear on islands other than Boss Island)
- Added Rune Chests to Challenge Mode, so that there are more opportunities to wield and craft powerful Runes.
- Removed the Tower of Pwnage Daily Quest granting 25 gems--now completing the 3rd floor rewards these 25 gems.
- With the introduction of Runes, there is now a new cap to the following stats: Resist (75%), Crit (50%), Dodge (25%), Damage (30%), and Damage Reduction (50%). Note: Caps prevent innate bonuses, such as Passives and Runes, from exceeding the stat cap. Any bonuses applied during an actual battle--active abilities such as Haste or bonuses applied because of other Heroes present on a team--are not constrained by the cap.
- You can also now tap and hold on a Hero's stat (in the Hero card menu) to see where they are getting passive bonuses from.
- Passives will no longer compound as they have in the past. That is, the multiplier on the passives will now only use the base stat for calculations (and not compound with each other). As an example, say you have 100HP and two passives that give you a 25% increase in HP. Before, we would calculate the new HP with: (100*1.25)(1.25). Now we calculate it like this: 100+(100*.25)+(100*.25). This was done to better balance out the addition of Runes and it should not substantially impact most stats. Additionally, additive values (+100HP) will be added before any scaling values (25%).
- Yasmin Bloom: Team Mend: Ability now increases at a greater rate as it is leveled up.
- Leonidus: Fixed visual bug: he will no longer have his mane clipping through his mouth when he roars.
- Alexandros: Fixed visual bug: he now animates when casting Damage Reflection.
- The Furnace: Fixed visual bug: he will now appear alive after being resurrected instead of, well, dead.
- Dagrund: Fixed a bug that would allow him, under certain circumstances, to heal a lot. Like, a lot. So many lots.
- Hansuke: No longer has a chance to parry status effect damage.
- Ekko: Now stacks his electric skin properly.
- Kozar: “The Bigger The Are…” passive on Kozar will now scale the damage properly as his max heath increases or decreases from abilities and passives.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes show the wrong character model when summoning a new Hero.
- Fixed a visual issue that would display PVP victories as losses in the Battle Log. You’re not that much of a loser, really.
- Fixed a visual issue in which incorrect leaderboards were being seen by players that had not participated in PVP.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes made it so that the PVP chest wouldn’t open for successful attackers.
- Fixed a visual issue that would cause Quests to not appear when completed in PVP.
- We’ve switched out a few Hero Tokens and replaced them with other Hero Tokens in the Challenge Mode Dungeons to account for Hero availability in other parts of the game.
- The [?] button to see where to get more Hero tokens for a specific Hero has been changed and moved to the left side of the progress bar in the Hero Card.
- Fixed a bug that allowed a small number of players to summon Friends multiple times a day at no cost in Gems.
- Fixed an issue where summoning a Hero from a player’s collection would show the “Ascension” messaging.
- Fixed various typos.
- Fixed an issue with Auto Battle and incorrect damage formulas.
- Fixed an issue with the Reflection Halls dungeon: Kang Kung will no longer miraculously rise from the dead after he is defeated when one of your party members is already dead.
- You can now only change time zones once a week.
- Fixed an issue where some pop-up offers wouldn’t close.
- Fixed an issue where timers were sometimes cut off on some shop offers.
- Fixed an issue that would make the keyboard open twice when trying to initially type a new player name.
- Fixed an issue that would keep ability buttons on the screen when a Hero performed their signature ability.