Epic Upgrade Materials Needed (Obsolete - see new thread)

FoozleFoozle Member
edited February 2017 in Boss Mode Discussion
Below is a summary of all materials required to upgrade epics at various levels. If you see something that doesn't match your actual amounts, please let me know. I've highlighted in Yellow the ones that seem unusual. We've discussed some of these in the past, and are waiting for a response from DB as to whether they are errors. The odd ones are where Frozen Steel is showing up in Level 9 where you would expect Iron or Grave Iron, Crystal Totems showing up in Level 4 for Dark Heroes where you would expect Shadow Totems, and Flame Etched Bars showing up in Level 10 where you would expect Etched Bars that would match the element of the hero instead.

Thanks to everyone who contributed data!

Update: In the latest update there were some changes to make the materials more consistent for the given element of the hero. They didn't give specifics, so I can't really say what information is now incorrect below. I'm guessing they may have corrected some of the items in Yellow, but can't be sure. If someone can check against their epics it would be great (if/when you are at the right level of epic). I'm pretty sure the "flame etched bar" inconsistency is still present, but am hoping at least they correct some of the other ones, especially the use of Crystal Totems in dark heroes and Frozen Steel in a few places where it didn't make sense. I've heard that they corrected the use of Crystal Totems in dark heroes, but I saw that Shade still used Crystal totems for level 4, so either they didn't correct or they corrected for Brom and Kobal but didn't correct when they released Shade.

Igorak Update: Igorak follows exactly the same pattern as Icebloom and uses Mysterious totems. Yorick uses strange totems instead, but otherwise all other materials are the same for all three water heroes. I don't know whether these inconsistencies are intentional or accidental.

q1y3tcitaaf8.jpg
w1bbggreax1g.jpg
ick3owy1ehz0.jpg
vy9varm3sb94.jpg
13gzimbv7xeh.jpg
21s1vkekec0z.jpg
e0m3v6u00m5b.jpg
aw0phclasw8s.jpg
4kx1t36woynj.jpg

Comments

• You're going to have to make your tables bigger. I've got a hunch that higher levels will require 8 elements to upgrade. gsu6hqgah2y7.png

• Can Confirm this. Saw a Screenshot today from a lvl 9 and a lvl 10 Yorick...oh and the Materials can Change on the Same Position, so your Table will get quite Large.
  • Yeah I figured I'd have to expand the tables, but that is fine. I'm also going to add the Epic bonuses to the next version of the tables. Thanks for posting.
  • Yorick level 3 is 6 Misty Totems, 10 Pure Frost and 15 Ice Crystals. Level 2 was 5 misty, 10 ice crystals, but I cannot remember how many pure frost (5 I think though - fits with other epic level 2s).
    Brom level 2 is 5 Shadow, 5 Pyre and 10 Abyssal
    Nimriel level 3 is 6 Molten, 10 Brimstone, 15 Flame Crystal
  • Yorick lvl 2 is 5 Pure Frost 5 Misty 10 Ice Crystals
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • Yorick level 3 is 6 Misty Totems, 10 Pure Frost and 15 Ice Crystals. Level 2 was 5 misty, 10 ice crystals, but I cannot remember how many pure frost (5 I think though - fits with other epic level 2s).
    Brom level 2 is 5 Shadow, 5 Pyre and 10 Abyssal
    Nimriel level 3 is 6 Molten, 10 Brimstone, 15 Flame Crystal

Thanks. I'm assuming when you say "Yorick level 3" you mean those are the mats to take him from 3 to 4? Same with Brom and Nim-- as that seems to fit the other ones I have.
  • Wow! Looking at Yorick's requirements for lvl 11 epic: requires 3 strange and 1 wicked totem. Strange costs 7 totems each and wicked costs 17. That's a total of 38 totems. Add 20 misty and you need 58!!! Also add another total of 83 misty totems to get to level 10 (assuming 15 are required for lvl 10). The grand total is 58+83=141. This does not include lvl 12.

Assuming a totem drop rate of 50%, quick looting will cost 141*16=2,256 keys. For 1 hero, to get an epic to lvl 11!!!! This is ludicrous! This does not include other materials.
  • Wow! Looking at Yorick's requirements for lvl 11 epic: requires 3 strange and 1 wicked totem. Strange costs 7 totems each and wicked costs 17. That's a total of 38 totems. Add 20 misty and you need 58!!! Also add another total of 83 misty totems to get to level 10 (assuming 15 are required for lvl 10). The grand total is 58+83=141. This does not include lvl 12.

Assuming a totem drop rate of 50%, quick looting will cost 141*16=2,256 keys. For 1 hero, to get an epic to lvl 11!!!! This is ludicrous! This does not include other materials.

This is exactly why there should be a 100% drop rate. The necessary totems is crazy. I'd be fine with it if I got one every run however... My last 3 runs have yielded nothing but wasted time right now :(
  • Not looking forward to this next upgrade :/
  • wolfstuff wrote: »
    Not looking forward to this next upgrade :/

For sure. I completed my chart for King Yorick -- 128 Misty Totems! Not counting the ones you need to craft some of the high level stuff. Please post additional shots for any missing levels- I'm eager to get this fully completed.

Thanks
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited September 2016
    Nice to see the completed yorick.

Totems needed: 128 Misty, 9 Strange(7 totems to craft each) and 4 Wicked(17 totems): 128 + 9*7 + 4*17 = 259 totems!
  • Now that we can quickloot to get totems, they are not a big issue. I find getting the other materials more difficult because of their poor drop rate. It would be nice if you could buy the other materials with aether.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Now that we can quickloot to get totems, they are not a big issue. I find getting the other materials more difficult because of their poor drop rate. It would be nice if you could buy the other materials with aether.

Very true! I find the Abyssal Crystals and Ice Crystals particularly painful. Would also be nice if they would allow materials to drop in rune chests, or just increase the quantity dropped.
  • @bvs72 where are you getting your keys? To get all totems for lvl 12 upgrade, supposing 50% drop rate, costs 4144 keys.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    Now that we can quickloot to get totems, they are not a big issue. I find getting the other materials more difficult because of their poor drop rate. It would be nice if you could buy the other materials with aether.

The issue now is how to get more loot keys without waste your gem in heroic or vip portal.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited September 2016
    @MonkeyHunter - I had 999 keys saved, 250,000 pwnage points and 250,000 scrolls to get keys. I used most of my pwnage points and a 100,000 scrolls. I don't have any level 12 epics and don't expect to for a while.

Simular to the aether shop, once everyone uses all of their saved resources, they will probably lower the loot keys needed from 8 to 5.
  • This is a great resource, thanks for putting this together. Heres what the level 6 cost for hansuke looks like. Sorry i dont remember the prior ones:
    kxvp7jik88z9.png
    centralcommand
  • @CentralCommand Thanks! Every bit helps.
  • setlistsetlist Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for doing this Foozle.

Just to help everyone get a feel for the “raw” farmed components that go into crafted materials for the higher end of upgrading. Here’s a summary of Yorick’s last 3 upgrades:

Edit: [***Data with errors deleted to avoid confusion***]
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    edited September 2016
    @setlist I believe you made some mistakes, as I'm getting different numbers.

These should be the correct numbers per level as well as the grand total from no epic to epic level 12.

Level 0 to 1
    • Epic Part (1)
    • Raw Materials (14)
    • Epic Part (1)
    • Ice Crystal (10)
    • Pure Frost (4)

Level 1 to 2
    • Raw Materials (20)
    • Ice Crystal (10)
    • Misty Totem (5)
    • Pure Frost (5)

Level 2 to 3
    • Raw Materials (20)
    • Ice Crystal (10)
    • Misty Totem (5)
    • Pure Frost (5)

Level 3 to 4
    • Raw Materials (31)
    • Ice Crystal (15)
    • Misty Totem (6)
    • Pure Frost (10)

Level 4 to 5
    • Gold (2.500)
    • Raw Materials (42)
    • Amber Crystal (1)
    • Ice Crystal (18)
    • Misty Totem (8)
    • Monkshood (1)
    • Mushroom (1)
    • Pure Frost (10)
    • Snowbell (3)

Level 5 to 6
    • Gold (5.000)
    • Epic Part (1)
    • Raw Materials (53)
    • Amber Crystal (2)
    • Ice Crystal (21)
    • Misty Totem (10)
    • Monkshood (2)
    • Mushroom (2)
    • Pure Frost (10)
    • Snowbell (6)

Level 6 to 7
    • Gold (5.000)
    • Raw Materials (83)
    • Amber Crystal (2)
    • Frozen Steel (10)
    • Ice Crystal (26)
    • Mandrake Root (10)
    • Misty Totem (10)
    • Monkshood (2)
    • Mushroom (2)
    • Pure Frost (15)
    • Snowbell (6)

Level 7 to 8
    • Gold (5.000)
    • Raw Materials (99)
    • Amber Crystal (2)
    • Frozen Steel (12)
    • Ice Crystal (26)
    • Mandrake Root (12)
    • Misty Totem (12)
    • Monkshood (12)
    • Mushroom (2)
    • Pure Frost (15)
    • Snowbell (6)

Level 8 to 9
    • Gold (42.500)
    • Raw Materials (194)
    • Amber Crystal (13)
    • Ebony (10)
    • Frozen Steel (10)
    • Ice Crystal (59)
    • Mandrake Root (15)
    • Misty Totem (12)
    • Monkshood (28)
    • Mushroom (3)
    • Pure Frost (35)
    • Snowbell (9)

Level 9 to 10
    • Gems (45)
    • Gold (172.500)
    • Raw Materials (400)
    • Amber Crystal (16)
    • Blazing Tome (10)
    • Brimstone (36)
    • Crystal Totem (1)
    • Ebony (10)
    • Flame Crystal (18)
    • Flame Steel (24)
    • Green Ivy (12)
    • Ice Crystal (64)
    • Jade Totem (1)
    • Mandrake Root (9)
    • Misty Totem (17)
    • Molten Totem (1)
    • Monkshood (16)
    • Mushroom (27)
    • Natural Crystal (18)
    • Pure Frost (40)
    • Pyre Embers (24)
    • Quartz Crystal (9)
    • Shadow Totem (2)
    • Silver (12)
    • Snowbell (9)
    • Spring Water (12)
    • Wildfire Blossom (12)

Level 10 to 11
    • Gems (150)
    • Gold (325.000)
    • Raw Materials (583)
    • Amber Crystal (8)
    • Blazing Tome (10)
    • Brimstone (30)
    • Crystal Totem (6)
    • Ebony (20)
    • Flame Crystal (54)
    • Flame Steel (20)
    • Frozen Steel (20)
    • Green Ivy (16)
    • Ice Crystal (37)
    • Jade Totem (6)
    • Mandrake Root (22)
    • Misty Totem (29)
    • Molten Totem (6)
    • Monkshood (8)
    • Mushroom (46)
    • Natural Crystal (24)
    • Pure Frost (50)
    • Pure Gold (20)
    • Pyre Embers (40)
    • Quartz Crystal (22)
    • Shadow Totem (11)
    • Silver (10)
    • Snowbell (12)
    • Spring Water (10)
    • Wildfire Blossom (46)

Level 11 to 12
    • Gems (205)
    • Gold (337.500)
    • Epic Part (1)
    • Raw Materials (578)
    • Amber Crystal (12)
    • Blazing Tome (1)
    • Brimstone (8)
    • Crystal Totem (14)
    • Ebony (16)
    • Flame Crystal (36)
    • Flame Steel (4)
    • Fresh Earth (8)
    • Frozen Steel (26)
    • Grave Iron (4)
    • Green Ivy (23)
    • Highland Tome (1)
    • Ice Crystal (48)
    • Iron (4)
    • Jade Totem (14)
    • Mandrake Root (17)
    • Misty Totem (44)
    • Molten Totem (14)
    • Monkshood (12)
    • Mushroom (50)
    • Natural Crystal (33)
    • Pure Frost (41)
    • Pure Gold (16)
    • Pyre Embers (40)
    • Quartz Crystal (17)
    • Shadow Totem (25)
    • Silver (5)
    • Snowbell (15)
    • Spring Water (6)
    • Wildfire Blossom (24)

Total
    • Gems (400)
    • Gold (835.000)
    • Epic Part (3)
    • Raw Materials (2.021)
      Amber Crystal (56) Blazing Tome (21) Brimstone (38) Crystal Totem (21) Ebony (56) Flame Crystal (108) Flame Echted Bar (12) Flame Steel (24) Fresh Earth (8) Frozen Steel (78) Grave Iron (4) Green Ivy (51) Highland Tome (1) Ice Crystal (344) Iron (4) Jade Totem (21) Mandrake Root (85) Misty Totem (158) Molten Totem (21) Monkshood (81) Mushroom (133) Natural Crystal (75) Pure Frost (240) Pure Gold (36) Pyre Embers (80) Quartz Crystal (48) Shadow Totem (38) Silver (15) Snowbell (66) Spring Water (16) Wildfire Blossom (82)
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • Come on @Joel @Joveth look at the total number of items required. No way totems shouldn't be a 100% drop and should be dropping with upgrade materials as well. Just poor design decisions it seems like but you all can fix it!
  • Throw in some additional gold while you're at it... 5M a rune is a killer!
  • Thanks guys! I'll work in integrating into the overall tables. Hopefully we can get more info on the other heroes now that we have Yorick all documented!
  • setlistsetlist Member
    edited September 2016
    MaCoPi - opps! You're right. I was learning how to use google drive pivot tables and now realize I made a mistake. I've deleted my data from this post as I believe yours is more accurate.

I'm still having troubles getting your numbers. Let's take Yorick Level 11 to 12 as an example.

You state: "Amber Crystal (12)" while I only count 7:

5 Amber Crystal: 5 Light Essence each require 1 Amber Crystal to make.
    1 Amber Crystal: 1 Ancient Core requires 1 Mountain Spirit which requires 1 Light Essence which requires 1 Amber Crystal
    1 Amber Crystal: 1 Ancient Core requires 1 Frost Jewel which requires which requires 1 Amber Crystal

Thanks
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited September 2016
    @MaCoPi. Great work. I independently did as well and came up with different numbers for going from 9 to 10 --- I think you have Flame Etched Bars as raw materials rather than breaking down the raw materials used to make Flame Etched Bars. I am also missing 5 gems for level 12 -- I'll have to track down where I might have missed them. I put in a new table and reposted in OP.

Edit: I missed 5 gems for the mountain spirit -- adjusted. Thanks

Thanks!
  • MaCoPiMaCoPi Member
    edited September 2016
    Foozle wrote: »
    @MaCoPi. Great work.
    Thanks.

I independently did as well and came up with different numbers for going from 9 to 10 --- I think you have Flame Etched Bars as raw materials rather than breaking down the raw materials used to make Flame Etched Bars.
    Nah, it might have been useful if I had typed Flame Etched Bar instead of Flame Echted Bar.

I am also missing 5 gems for level 12 -- I'll have to track down where I might have missed them. I put in a new table and reposted in OP.
    My amount should be correct, but if you get 200 again instead of 205 let me know, I will check my calculations again as well.

Edit: I've just checked.
    Strange Totem x 5 = 15x5 = 75
    Ancient Core x 1 = 15x1 = 15
    Elemental Ingot x 1 = 10x1 = 10 (for Ancient Core)
    Flame Spirit x 1 = 5x1 = 5 (for Ancient Core)
    Mountain Spirit x 1 = 5x1 = 5 (for Ancient Core)
    Wicked Totem x 3 = 15x3 = 45
    Elemental Essence x 5 = 10x5 = 50
    Total = 75+15+10+5+5+45+50 = 205

Thanks!
    You're welcome.

I'll PM you te see if we can co-produce mass calculations for all known epic levels.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited September 2016
    I really like this table as a resource, very well done.

Foozle, your love for excel spreadsheets rivals my own.

At the very least this thread deserves a bump.
  • I'm working on a wiki page to show all of this info, it should be done in a few days.

Here are some previews:
    fwr725deju8x.png
    77nl49ifi832.png
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited September 2016
    Nice work macopi.

I might want to do an infographic just showing the total resources for each character and every character as a total collection soon. I have one project in the works but this could be very interesting.