PvP is just wrong...

The PvP is a nice feature in the game but has many problems within;
1 the PvP enemy finding is pretty bad, mostly i get errors from it and when i try to refresh with money it doesn't showing any enemy

2 some characters are just become useless when in PvP defence team, characters like emily which doesn't use their special attack and make no use.

3 yokozuna is way too much over powered in PvP his attack make your team almost useless; i used a team of bramble, pontifex, nimriel and nubnub. Even tho bramble used his goblin dance party and get everyone a great buff ponti missed every single opponent with his chaos storm and so did nimriel with her get over here attack, of course i lost the raid and 18 throphies becouse of many misses

4 misses are way too much common in the PvP; i attacked 5 attacks and hit only once...

Comments

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2015
    So try a different tactic when you encounter Yoko....like Willow and possibly a second fast character (if your Willow is underpowered)...and eliminate the threat before its a problem
  • My strongest fast character is masuta kira, i don't really use him or willow becouse i build a team that only work when the whole four are together... But i should try that. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of money to level up willow however i will try another tactic.
  • mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Willow, as well as most characters, doesn't require money to level...just farm her dungeons!
  • StarDustStarDust Member
    edited September 2015
    I mean to upgrade her skills, mines about lvl 10...
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Well then the problem is not adapting to PVP. You can't just pick a strategy and complain about not winning with it. I've never had an issue with Yoko. Never. I kill him before he makes us bleed.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Yep yep!! Happily, every team is beatable.

We just learn to skip what we don't have the resource to counter. You have to save and build to beat some combos (paying attention to stars and ascension levels too) at times.
    Well then the problem is not adapting to PVP. You can't just pick a strategy and complain about not winning with it. I've never had an issue with Yoko. Never. I kill him before he makes us bleed.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
    Exactly. Study what's popular and build up to countering it. That's the safest way to go.
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @HaxusBloodbane hey haxus, you seem pretty experienced so wondered if I may ask you a question?
    I've got a bit of a gripe with pvp.
    I'm lvl 36 with a 3* julius and a 4* mangle jaw, complemented with a 3* torchy for extra beast buff power, and a various other character for offence and defence.
    I've played 100's of pvp battles and faced tsume 100's of times. On offence due to my high team power, I'll have to face people 3-4 lvls higher and often with 3-4* tsumes on their teams.
    I know through experience that on offence my julius barrel toss combined with mangles hot coals straight after will completely wreck a 3* tsume and one or two other characters who are 3*+ and 2-4 lvls higher.
    Yet, on defence I've noticed a lot lately that the same set of attacks from my characters aren't nearly as effective against an attacking tsume and co.
    I credited this at first to people attacking with high star tsumes and bad luck, but no more than ten minutes ago I got done by a guy at lvl 33 with a 2* tsume.
    His tsume got hit with barrel toss with julius's full health attack bonus (x1.5) and my 4* mangles hot coals. He's 3 lvls lower than me with a 2 star tsume, no nub nub for nature boost or anything like that and I swear it took just half his health!
    There's no way barrel toss and hot coals that both hit, leaves a 2* and 3 lvls lower tsume on only half health!
    Do you think I have a case to feel a bit miffed? Have you encountered anything of this nature before??
    Thanks...
  • was yoko and/or bovus with the tsume? or willow or anything that could increase his health?
    In game: Gr8Gobbo, 64
    Champion: Mangle Jaw, level 64 (******)

RNG. It’s always RNG. It’s ALWAYS RNG. IT’S AL-WAYS R. N. G. RNGesus. RNGeezy. RNG-spot. RNGeepers creepers. RNGenie in a bottle. RN fricken’ G.
    The biggest difference between offense and defense with Tsume is your defense will make incorrect moves. Unlike you who would normall leave Tsume alone or kill him first to remove savage fury from play the AI will deal damage and allow fury to be activated. A simple fix is putting heroes on Defense that will target Tsume first or leave him alone altogether.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @HaxusBloodbane thanks for the response.
    Yeah good advice and I get what you're saying, but my point is my two aof attacks that I hit him with (barrel toss & hot coals) usually waste him while I'm offensive pvp, even 3* and higher lvls than me.
    While on defence the same two aof attacks have nowhere near the same power.
    On offence I destroy lvl 38 and 39 3* tsumes with those two aof attacks. Easily.
    While on defence the same two attacks hit a lvl 33 2* tsume and only take half his health!?
    Bear in mind I'm lvl 36, 3 lvls higher than his tsume and my mangle jaw is 4*!!
    I know you can get really low rolls on your attacks sometimes but this is very consistent across many of my defensive matches.
    I wonder if there are bugs maybe that stop your star lvls or ability lvls being represented correctly when on pvp defence. I know sometimes on the battle results my heros pics are of the first ascension version, even though they've performed fine in battle. It does suggest the games still susceptible to bugs perhaps.
    I know maybe I just sound crazy and like a sore loser, but if you saw my team and my battle replays, you'd definitely understand where I'm coming from!
  • @Gr8Gobbo no, his team was. Tsume, Emily, igorok and cruel King bramble.
    No buffs there at all!
    My defence team is, 3* julius, 3* torchy, 4* mangle jaw, and I switch the other between 3* black diamond or 4* nim.
    My team hits hard, especially for lvl 36. But I've lost my last ten defences against some pretty crappy teams, I live for pvp on this game and top the leader boards most nights, I know this doesn't mean my team should win defensive games, my point is I study every replay and play hundreds of pvp games every two day tournament. I'm a geek on pvp.
    I know my attacks on defence don't do the same damage as offence.
    I know this.
    and yes I always take into consideration player lvl, hero lvl, star lvl and team buffs!
    I'm thinking bug perhaps...
  • TotoroTotoro Member
    edited September 2015
    There should be no difference in damage; at least I have not noticed this personally. My best advice to you is to look at the defenses that are giving you trouble and try to emulate them. Also, when looking at the attacker, are you noticing the number of stars the heroes have? There are some seemingly low level attackers who have fully starred/ascended their heroes (making them tougher to kill and improving their attack stats substantially).

A place to help in terms of setting up a defensive is here:
    http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/1198/defense-the-best-aoe-all-attacker-heroes-list/p1

It gives you some insights into the strange choices the defending heroes make.

Also, there is the luck component of course. Our heroes have a fairly random targeting methodology unfortunately. And it increases the luck component quite a bit..

The forum has a lot of people who like to discuss PvP. :)

markyboy wrote: »
    @Gr8Gobbo no, his team was. Tsume, Emily, igorok and cruel King bramble.
    No buffs there at all!
    My defence team is, 3* julius, 3* torchy, 4* mangle jaw, and I switch the other between 3* black diamond or 4* nim.
    My team hits hard, especially for lvl 36. But I've lost my last ten defences against some pretty crappy teams, I live for pvp on this game and top the leader boards most nights, I know this doesn't mean my team should win defensive games, my point is I study every replay and play hundreds of pvp games every two day tournament. I'm a geek on pvp.
    I know my attacks on defence don't do the same damage as offence.
    I know this.
    and yes I always take into consideration player lvl, hero lvl, star lvl and team buffs!
    I'm thinking bug perhaps...

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • Hey, you fake Pikachu! There can only be room for one! Grrrr...

On topic: I use yoko on defence, the ones who win against me either instakill yoko with 2 fast rogues, or have 4-5 starred vip/heroic heroes only, so yeah, he's pretty powerful. I'm sure there'll be some tweaks and balancing soon enough:)

I have problems against IGOROK and Julius, yeah they are hard to get and should be good, but they make alot of heroes seem useless when compared. They should be better, but by a smaller margin imo. Yoko os up there to compete, Tsume aswell, we need more:)
    My Hero Progression: https://goo.gl/PwVKil
    RLUs75l.png
  • @markyboy this seems strange. Maybe you just ignore the ascension and this tsume is full ascended.
  • @markyboy it is probably ascension level as @Jjn said. Ascensions increase stats, so a 2* final ascension tsume is about the equivalent of a 4* non-ascended tsume
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• StarDustStarDust Member
    edited September 2015
    @MickeNorsk
    There is nothing like too much pikachus in the world

On the yoko thing: the problem i have with the ways to beat up yoko is the fact that i am way too much unlucky and don't have strong fast characters or igorok and julius actually i just try to avoid those yoko but they are EVERYWHERE (i use him too in defence so i can't really complain about it)
  • markyboymarkyboy Member
    edited September 2015
    @flyingpizzacats @Jjn yeah the guy with 2* lvl 33 tsume was fully ascended.
    But so are the tsumes I take out on offence with barrel toss and hot coals. Except they're lvl 38/39 with fully ascended 3* tsume!
    Seriously, I smash tsume on offence with those two moves every time!! Any lvl within 3 higher of mine and 3* star fully ascended tsumes are toast!
    Yet on defence they definitely don't do the same damage for me!!
    I know this doesn't make sense, but that's why I've posted about it.
    I've played pvp inside out, I appreciate everyone saying check my tactics. But this isn't about tactics it's about attacks not doing the same damage on defence as on offence.
    I keep referring to the guy who was 3 lvls lower than me with a 2* tsume, but that was just the straw that broke the donkeys back and most recent memorable case. it's been happening all week!!
  • TotoroTotoro Member
    edited September 2015
    You'll have to show the teams they have and damage to know for sure unfortunately. There are so many ways to buff Tsume's damage and health its crazy (including damaging him as you know). He is a great hero.
    markyboy wrote: »
    @flyingpizzacats @Jjn yeah the guy with 2* lvl 33 tsume was fully ascended.
    But so are the tsumes I take out on offence with barrel toss and hot coals. Except they're lvl 38/39 with fully ascended 3* tsume!
    Seriously, I smash tsume on offence with those two moves every time!! Any lvl within 3 higher of mine and 3* star fully ascended tsumes are toast!
    Yet on defence they definitely don't do the same damage for me!!
    I know this doesn't make sense, but that's why I've posted about it.
    I've played pvp inside out, I appreciate everyone saying check my tactics. But this isn't about tactics it's about attacks not doing the same damage on defence as on offence.
    I keep referring to the guy who was 3 lvls lower than me with a 2* tsume, but that was just the straw that broke the donkeys back and most recent memorable case. it's been happening all week!!

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • edited September 2015
    don't know. Would need pictures of damage counts
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• @StarDust hehe, you're right, was just joking:) pika!
    My Hero Progression: https://goo.gl/PwVKil
    RLUs75l.png
  • Haxus how do u know who is programmed to target who? Is it *always* or just hunches?
  • TotoroTotoro Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm only responding (until Hax) because it has been discussed a lot on the forum. It is random. They have tendencies, but it is mostly luck unfortunately.
    sophocles wrote: »
    Haxus how do u know who is programmed to target who? Is it *always* or just hunches?

--
    Your friend, Totoro
    They target foes they have a clear advantage over... Usually.
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• @markyboy it is probably ascension level as @Jjn said. Ascensions increase stats, so a 2* final ascension tsume is about the equivalent of a 4* non-ascended tsume

Does ascension increase stats more than adding stars? Ella got an 11% boost across the board in Atk, Def, Skill & Health going from 2-3 stars. I've been waiting for the last to evos to drop FOREVER to make her next ascension, so do not have any data to determine the relative stars vs. ascension (tokens vs evos) farming strategy.
    Level: **61**
    Shared Hero: Ella, 6* Fully Ascended. Worth each and every one of her 120k scrolls.

• TotoroTotoro Member
    edited September 2015
    I have to say I've seen no evidence of that as much as I want it to be true!

Just viewed three defensive replays, and I honestly can't see any reasoning to the targeting used. For example, with a damaged tsume and a full health willow as options, nim targeted a full health shadow (she missed of course). In the next defense, with a tsume, willow and igo, she targeted herself (or rather the attacker's nim). She will target non-armored water foes even, when many half-dead or more appropriate one-shot options exist..

Frankly, I'd like to strangle my heroes half the time. :s
    They target foes they have a clear advantage over... Usually.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • TotoroTotoro Member
    edited September 2015
    Ascension adds abilities and, sometimes, traits. Passive traits can impact stats permanently.

Stars improve your stats.
    abarbara wrote: »
    @markyboy it is probably ascension level as @Jjn said. Ascensions increase stats, so a 2* final ascension tsume is about the equivalent of a 4* non-ascended tsume

Does ascension increase stats more than adding stars? Ella got an 11% boost across the board in Atk, Def, Skill & Health going from 2-3 stars. I've been waiting for the last to evos to drop FOREVER to make her next ascension, so do not have any data to determine the relative stars vs. ascension (tokens vs evos) farming strategy.

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • edited September 2015
    @Totoro I assure you, ascensions increase stats, if you don't believe me, reload the game and check again. I've confirmed this about 10 times. It's about an 8-10% stat gain
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• EricMEricM Member
    edited September 2015
    Three ways to increase stats:
    1) Hero Levels
    2) Stars
    3) Ascensions

Four ways to increase power:
    1) Hero Levels
    2) Stars
    3) Ascensions
    4) Ability Levels
    IGN- EricM, Lv. 51, Ch. 19
    Goal for the week: 58,216/60,000 Roster Power
    Token collection: 5,057/15,400 <- as of 10/06
  • @flyingpizzacats I just did first ascension with nitpick and his stats didn't increase at all. I took screen shots to check. His hero power does obviously as he's gaining a new attack, but not his att def health and skill etc. Does it only increase stats on the final ascension?
    And I tried to upload pics of that dodgy battle I spoke of but it won't let me via mobile.
    @Totoro @HaxusBloodbane from my experience the enemy usually attacks my strongest rated hero first, which on paper is torchy. Enemy Willow 99% of the time will take her sniper shot at my torchy, even though it only tickles him but would finish my shadow blade or black diamond in one hit. I use julius and it would take half his health too, yet she always aims for torchy, doing not even a quarter damage!
    I use Julius torchy mangle jaw and usually shadow blade/black diamond/willow in my other slot.
    The whole enemy team, often willow, tsume, nim and someone else will all 99% go for torchy first and keep on til he's dead.
    Nim can one shot Julius, but will shoot get over here at my torchy who's on 10% health over one shot killing Julius and winning the game for their team!
    Tsume nearly always uses his double chop first on torchy also, doing very little damage.
    This is key to my tactics in offence pvp. I play at least 50 offence battles per day.
    I'm not saying the computer never goes for the one who they hurt the most, and it's not always 100%.
    It just seems strange that very often my torchy will absorb a willow sniper shot, tsume double chop and then get finished or dodge nims get over here, when those 3 moves could easily take out my Julius with get over here, and then black diamond/willow/shadow blade would all die with a double chop plus sniper a sniper shot.
    They wound a torchy over killing two other heroes first round.